Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Greatest of all time?

• 2419 posts
    January 24, 2019 9:27 AM PST

Kilsin said:

What is your greatest accomplishment of all time in an MMORPG? #MMORPG #communitymatters

Completing 5 Epic 2.0s is probably the greatest accomplishment but when it comes to the most memorable accomplishment would be completing the Coldain Prayer Shawl quest.  I know I've spoken about that quest many times but I do believe it was the singular best quest in the entirety of EQ1. It had a single item that grew over time as you progressed.  It had a good story line; incorporated both adventuring and tradeskills; had parts you could do solo and parts that needed a group and the reward was very commensurate with the effort involved.  The side benefit was that you now had a character with 250+ on nearly every tradeskill...if you're into that sort of thing.

• 287 posts
    January 24, 2019 10:51 AM PST

Not all are great accomplishments so much as things I'm proud of:

* Completing Epic 2.0 in EQ before there were any guides.

* Starting the second guild ever on Guk in EQ2.  Missed first by seconds.

* Becoming the #1 Elemental Shaman in the US (unsure about world) for a brief time with the release of Ulduar in WoW.

* Leading two different successful raiding guilds whose members all loved the guilds.  I met several RL friends thanks to those guilds.

• 13 posts
    January 24, 2019 11:16 AM PST
    Completing the Shadowhound Quest with my goblin bloodmage in Vanguard.

For most people not a huge advanture, I know.
    • 81 posts
    January 25, 2019 7:11 AM PST

Either

(1) Running from Freeport to Queynos at level 8ish with my friends, epic journey I will never forget.

or

(2) Making life long friends and becoming a Godparent to one of their children in RL.

• 6 posts
    January 25, 2019 8:20 AM PST

In early Wow my brother and I finished a boss that five people couldn't.  I was a Warlock and he was a Druid.  I kept dotting him up and running around the sarcophagus.  It took us like 25 minutes, but we did it.

• 646 posts
    January 26, 2019 11:07 PM PST

Meeting my future (now) husband, in WoW. :)

Aside from that, I'm most proud of things I've accomplished with friends. I'm proud of all of the wonderful RP guilds I've helped run. I'm proud of my friends for all the raid bosses we killed together, even when some people thought we'd never be able to. And I'm super proud of the pinnacle of my housing efforts in WildStar - a collaboration with my husband and a mutual friend to create a hovering spaceport and residential station for RP purposes.

• 768 posts
    January 27, 2019 3:11 AM PST

Achieving the title "Everquester" in eq2 with my beastlord. 

• 6 posts
    January 27, 2019 7:48 AM PST

Shyin said:

When my kids started playing MMO's with me. :)

Shyin,

I've been basing the last year or so around the fact that i have to build 3 new computers for this game for that reason.  I can't wait to play this game with my kids.  I feel like i was pretty much raised on EQ so im looking forward to bringing my kids into the world of pantheon and having them experience the game with my mentorship.  It's going to be good times for sure!

As for my best accomplishment in game... I started on a new WoW server (lvl60 cap at the time) and was the first warrior to make 60.  This allowed me to be the main raid tank on the horde side for a little while before i got burned out.  Feels good to be the king! Having your guild depend on you to be able to help them progress to the next achievement is a pretty awesome feeling.

-Dragnic

This post was edited by dragnic at January 27, 2019 7:55 AM PST
    • 71 posts
    January 27, 2019 12:07 PM PST

I'm a pretty average (maybe even a bit below average player).  But, every once in a while I'll do something extraordinary and 'save the day' in a group or raid.  Those moments are my greatest accomplishments in mmorpg. 8-)

--- My opinions are not humble, they are just my opinions. ---

• 454 posts
    January 27, 2019 12:40 PM PST

Making a RL friend during EQ. Getting lost a lot!  Beating those first planes.

Shaman epic 1.  Making maps so I didn’t get lost so much.  Great guild times.

• 40 posts
    January 27, 2019 1:28 PM PST

The first time we successfully killed Lord Nagafen, with actually not many level 50s in the raid at all.  Followed by the first time we completed the Plane of Sky. Followed by Earth. And Air.

• 1033 posts
    January 27, 2019 2:28 PM PST

Wrong thread.

This post was edited by Tanix at January 27, 2019 2:29 PM PST
    • 624 posts
    February 15, 2019 8:58 PM PST

How did I miss this thread?

Performing by invitation with an all-bard guild in Neriak on Fennin Ro - concert was going great, crowd was over 100, until the band was "murdered" by some disgruntled evil types.

Also - participating in a server-wide player-run roleplay event (Saga of the Gresh'Maj)

Ah, the good old days...

This post was edited by Kumu at February 15, 2019 9:14 PM PST
    • 49 posts
    February 15, 2019 9:27 PM PST

Was the year 2000. Camping Frenzy in lguk with my 34 ranger and winning FBSS on a roll. Some super nice lvl 40s let me join their group for some reason as I was pretty useless in the group. Then after that I got 2 Short Swords of Yhekesha (i probably butchered the spelling) and suddenly at level 42 I felt like such a badass. Shortly after I quit the game about a month after Velious was released, and went to east commons and shouted that the first person to find me would get a great reward. When they found me I gave some newbie backpacks full of gear inc the FBSS. Musta made them happy as **** haha Probably doent count but years later I played on red99 and rolled day one of server release as an ogre shaman. Was super fun and I managed to get the classic DE mask from guk, had a sweet jousting 2h hammer, and fought in some epic PVP battles in solb for Naggy. Never got to do that back in the day so was awesome to experience

never did anything too epic I guess, as I have always been more casual and just enjoying the journey.

This post was edited by Greenkrak2 at February 15, 2019 9:38 PM PST
    • 1921 posts
    February 16, 2019 7:49 AM PST

Completing my epic on my server, unguilded.  My guild had imploded due to leader corruption (they were caught RMT selling 'planar' alt characters after farming the planes with another guild), and I was mid-quest at the time.
    Still, people were willing to help me out with the hard fights and long camps, and I got it.  Despite it being one of the "easiest" epics, it was a pretty big deal for me, back in the day.

• 79 posts
    February 16, 2019 1:32 PM PST

Making the long term friends in game I still keep in contact with today.  Nothing I do in game compares to the relationships I still have today, the accomplishmants we achieved and are still achieving.

• 454 posts
    February 17, 2019 4:51 PM PST

Holding a job, staying married, raising two daughters, but still having time to play EQ.  Almost every EQ session was memorable.  Grouping with guildies was a blast and raiding was awesome.  Good times.

• 74 posts
    February 17, 2019 5:05 PM PST

This is a tough one.  I would say solo'ing fang of Kaprima in Tera as a warrior for before the nerfed the Campfire bug. (so i could skip all trash pulls drop campfire to make them despawn. Still takes hours to do)

Also in Tera killing a level 32 crab as a level 13 warrior took over an hour for that one fight. 1 hit would kill me.

Solo taming a worg in vanilla wow was super fun and challenging. 

Raising a Dragon in Lineage 2.

Trying not to kill raid members for constantly screwing up raids. <== very great achievement that I had to do very often!!!

~ CaffeineInjected ~

This post was edited by Caffeineinjected at February 17, 2019 5:06 PM PST
    • 13 posts
    February 20, 2019 1:19 PM PST

EQ in 1999 - First MMO I ever played caught doing a corpse retrieval in Unrest as a newb.  I was totally lost (trying to read the paper map that came with the game) and being the most scared I have ever been in a game thinking I would never find my low level body.  I was never happier than when I had some help by some higher levels that helped me find my way back.  Running naked from Kelethin through Butcher Block and Dagnor's Cauldron to get to the death train in Unrest was super stressful! 

I may not remember my first dragon kill, but I sure remember that night.

That feeling will never be duplicated, although I hope Pantheon gets close.

• 42 posts
    February 20, 2019 1:27 PM PST

Server first full main tank of CazicThule on my Shadowknight in EQOA.  SKs were underdogs so it was a great personal accomplishment.

• 413 posts
    February 20, 2019 1:41 PM PST

Turning EQ into Virtual Vistation with my Sons.  It provided role reversal as they had more playing time and taught me things.  We always had something to talk about from EQ.  It also help my younger one read and write, as he was in groups and haggled at the EQ tunnel.  There were very good group members.

Their Mom was difficult to deal with at times, and sometimes real visitation was denied.  That's when EQ visitation took over.

Currently, my family and friends are waiting for MMOs to become great again.

This post was edited by Zevlin at February 20, 2019 1:42 PM PST
    • 2756 posts
    February 21, 2019 10:56 AM PST

Man you guys all make me feel inadequate!  Great accomplishments.

For me I'm perhaps most proud of holding down the Monk epic camp in Lower Guk for several 10 hour sessions before soloing the successful time, then *staying* for another few sessions to help another monk I'd ended up spending quite some time with to do it too.

I was exhausted after my camp and destroyed after his but felt SO good for getting mine and even better for helping with his!

• 41 posts
    February 22, 2019 3:35 AM PST

Getting 5 songs twisting on my bard.  It was just for a second but there were 5 up on that buff bar at once.

• 223 posts
    February 24, 2019 4:48 PM PST

I was in a pretty casual semi-raiding guild in EQ1 and we belonged in an alliance with other smaller guilds in Mithaniel Marr and managed to be the 3rd wizzard on the server to get the epic. Good times, I owed so many favors I was like a free EQ Uber ride for a while :)

• 287 posts
    February 24, 2019 5:30 PM PST
    Earning my wizard epic and later finally getting Quillmaine to drop the cloak after killing her 15 times prior with no drop.