Forums » Community Sites

The Baz Flash

• 2886 posts
    May 30, 2019 4:44 PM PDT

NegativeNRG said:

Hey Baz.

I just checked out a few of your Baz Flashes and they are great. It's a creative and smart way to keep the casual Pantheon Fan up to date. Of course that led me to watch your other content. Your content is well done and rich with information. Keep up the great work!

That is awesome, thanks! :D

• 2886 posts
    June 19, 2019 4:57 PM PDT

Here is this month's episode: https://youtu.be/hEVRgfrX-To

It definitely is getting harder if not impossible to fit ALL of the new info into one minute, so I have to decide what is most important to people that don't follow as closely. And then hopefully once I've roped them in, they'll go and learn more. This newsletter was particularly nice for those that love to dig into the lore. But even for those that don't, I think the Faerthale 101 article is worth reading because it gives you a good idea of how big Faerthale will be, how much attention is being paid to details, and if you've got a good imagination, just help you get a feel for what it'll be like once you're actually there. So Istuulamae, if you're watching, sorry I didn't include it, but you're doing an awesome job! :D

• 36 posts
    June 20, 2019 6:55 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

This was a solid prototype for that model. I learned quite a bit and am already working on ways to improve it.

I appreciated that you weren't reading off a notecard in your hand. I mean, you have your notes and it was placed next to your camera so it didn't appear you were looking away. Brings a higher sense of validity and integrity to both the video and information within the video.

Great job.

• 36 posts
    June 20, 2019 6:58 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Valorous1 said:

Also, if you dont mind taking suggestions....maybe shy away from the headset and get like a nice YETI mic or something more hidden. After all you are a professional. ;)

Haha yes good suggestion. That's been on my radar.

If you're using it for recording videos, not streaming, and you have a quiet household then any condenser mic would do. Audio Technica has great and inexpensive mics.

If you're going to stream and the sound of a mouse or keyboard clicks bothers you, or your viewers (I'm one of them) then check out Shroud and his mic. I forgot the name of it, it's super expensive for a mic but it's pretty sweet.

This post was edited by ipDRe at June 20, 2019 8:37 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    June 26, 2019 5:31 PM PDT

ipDRe said:

Bazgrim said:

This was a solid prototype for that model. I learned quite a bit and am already working on ways to improve it.

I appreciated that you weren't reading off a notecard in your hand. I mean, you have your notes and it was placed next to your camera so it didn't appear you were looking away. Brings a higher sense of validity and integrity to both the video and information within the video.

Great job.

Thanks, good point. When I first started out, I wrote key points on a notecard and would reference it sometimes, but I quickly realized that since it's only a minute long, I could just memorize what I needed to say. That's kinda why I threw my notes at the very end. But once people saw that and commented on how they thought the notes flip was funny, I decided to keep it going as a running gag. So now I just type everything up and memorize it and hold onto the notes only so I can throw them at the end lol. Fun fact: I'm actually working on getting a new fancy notecard with "The Baz Flash" logo on it just so that I can throw it at the end of each episode haha.

• 624 posts
    June 27, 2019 6:33 PM PDT

Please add those B-Flash note cards to your store!

• 801 posts
    June 29, 2019 3:15 PM PDT

@baz man you have really been maturing up as a host, glad to see your doing well at it.

• 53 posts
    July 6, 2019 1:53 PM PDT

Been gone a few months- Moseyed on by your channel to catch up. Looking good buddy- Keep it up.

• 2886 posts
    July 7, 2019 8:30 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

@baz man you have really been maturing up as a host, glad to see your doing well at it.

Astartes31 said:

Been gone a few months- Moseyed on by your channel to catch up. Looking good buddy- Keep it up.

Thank you both! :D

• 1095 posts
    July 8, 2019 3:50 PM PDT

Thanks

This post was edited by Aich at July 9, 2019 7:14 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    July 24, 2019 3:39 PM PDT

Hey all, as usual, here is this month's episode: https://youtu.be/cdpB32JFHws

This time around I made a very subtle yet crucial change ;) can you spot it? Blink and you'll miss it!

• 624 posts
    July 24, 2019 4:05 PM PDT

Enjoyed the Flash, nice job. Also loved the change...I want one (just one, signed please, whenever you cover the eventual bard reveal). 

This post was edited by Kumu at July 26, 2019 7:39 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    July 29, 2019 4:26 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Enjoyed the Flash, nice job. Also loved the change...I want one (just one, signed please, whenever you cover the eventual bard reveal). 

I bet I can make that happen ;) be sure to remind me when the time comes

This post was edited by Bazgrim at July 29, 2019 4:27 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    September 18, 2019 6:14 PM PDT

Ack! I just noticed I completely forgot to update this last month! Here are the last two episodes of the Baz Flash:

August: https://youtu.be/Hdo0CA7tpzQ

September: https://youtu.be/pQViXo40reM

• 624 posts
    September 20, 2019 7:26 AM PDT

As usual, thanks Baz. By the way, I just noticed recently that BazgrimTV makes up two of the three formal references on the Wikipedia Pantheon page. Congrats!

• 2886 posts
    September 26, 2019 8:06 PM PDT

Kumu said:

As usual, thanks Baz. By the way, I just noticed recently that BazgrimTV makes up two of the three formal references on the Wikipedia Pantheon page. Congrats!

Haha yes, I've noticed that too actually. Pretty cool, thanks! :)

• 2886 posts
    October 8, 2019 4:56 PM PDT

Every once in a while, a non-newsletter related event warrants a Baz Flash to keep the public informed. I believe that the temporary yet sudden closing of the merchandise store is one such occasion. I know this announcement was a few days ago, but as you'll see from the video, I was quite delayed due to moving into my new studio! https://youtu.be/mU_KXm056rU

But things are getting back up to speed on my end and I'm chomping at the bit to crank out more videos! So keep an eye out ;)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at October 8, 2019 4:57 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    October 22, 2019 2:25 PM PDT

Even more unexpected and big announcements coming from VR lately, both good and bad. But as always, I'm here to keep you up to date with everything at a moment's notice: https://youtu.be/f_b-ec47Wk4

• 1 posts
    November 19, 2019 7:36 AM PST

I know I'm late to reply, but thanks!

• 1584 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:46 AM PST

Hey Baz, are you regularly streaming, or kind of pick and choosing, I've followed your twitch but haven't got any notifications of you getting on.

• 2886 posts
    November 23, 2019 8:21 PM PST

Riahuf22 said:

Hey Baz, are you regularly streaming, or kind of pick and choosing, I've followed your twitch but haven't got any notifications of you getting on.

I don't regularly stream on Twitch yet. There isn't really enough content to justify that yet. But I definitely will once the NDA is lifted. Although recently I've started to try doing at least something on a regular schedule by holding watch parties for the bi-weekly video newsletters they've been doing. Other than that, for now, I just stream when there is a reason to.

• 1584 posts
    December 1, 2019 7:11 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Riahuf22 said:

I don't regularly stream on Twitch yet. There isn't really enough content to justify that yet. But I definitely will once the NDA is lifted. Although recently I've started to try doing at least something on a regular schedule by holding watch parties for the bi-weekly video newsletters they've been doing. Other than that, for now, I just stream when there is a reason to.

Cool yeah I caught your last Memorial for Brad and the last update video, good stuff, can't wait to maybe see you on the 12th if you stream it.

• 2886 posts
    December 5, 2019 4:10 PM PST

Riahuf22 said:

Bazgrim said:

Riahuf22 said:

Cool yeah I caught your last Memorial for Brad and the last update video, good stuff, can't wait to maybe see you on the 12th if you stream it.

I probably will as long as Cohh is okay with it. I will do my best I can to add commentary and not detract from the gameplay.

• 2886 posts
    December 6, 2019 2:15 PM PST

There's been a lot of little news stories from VR lately that need to be heard - and that's exactly what the Baz Flash is for, so it feels good to fire it up again! Over the next couple of episodes I'll be getting you all up to date real quick: https://youtu.be/If4Z7yAq5ys

• 1584 posts
    December 7, 2019 1:03 PM PST

Thanks Baz, glad to see a good answer from the team about crafting and economy, but I wasn't too worried bout that, but i can at least say  i feel a little better they came out with a honest answer.

This post was edited by Cealtric at December 7, 2019 1:04 PM PST