Forums » Community Sites

The Baz Flash

• 2886 posts
    January 16, 2019 7:06 PM PST

Today I launched a new video series called "The Baz Flash." This will be in addition to my regular content, and was created with the intent of providing easy-to-watch and easy-to-share videos on all my social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) that present the most essential new Pantheon information in only 60 seconds, so you can quickly stay up-to-date on what you need to know about the game and then get on with your day. Closed captions are available on the YouTube video, though the videos posted directly to social media will have the subtitles embedded in them so you don't even have to unmute your phone to get your Pantheon information on-the-go. I'm very excited about the potential this has to reach new prospective fans and inform them about the game. Although I still expect this to be of some help even to those that already follow the game closely. So please share it with anyone you know that wants to stay in the loop about the latest happenings in Pantheon. Below is the first ever episode, which covers today's newsletter. I'd love to hear your feedback on it:

https://youtu.be/1AA1zngPaDo

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 17, 2019 6:53 AM PST
    • 206 posts
    January 17, 2019 9:06 AM PST

Great job. Video was quick to the point. Idk if that easier for you or what, but It was well done. I feel if there is enogh content to go over this could be a good route to go since you could get these videos done more frequently. 

Even if your "Flashes" are about things that you have planned for the year with or without Pantheon or things you'd like to work on, its content, its viewers, it helps people get involved. I'd say a frequent steady schedule is key. Good work.

• 2886 posts
    January 17, 2019 5:54 PM PST

Agreed on all fronts. Thanks for your feedback. I was able to make this is in a day as opposited to the week or two it usually takes to make my other videos. So will be good for "emergency" updates and such. I decided to go with 60 seconds because it can be embedded directly in posts on all my social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) so these videos are not as much formatted for getting views on YouTube as they are for just spreading the word on social media and expanding my reach that way. This was a solid prototype for that model. I learned quite a bit and am already working on ways to improve it.

I am definitely looking to up the sheer quantity of content I put out in 2019 and this is just one of the ways I'm planning to do that. It's all still a process, but the feedback has been very positive so I'm encouraged that it's headed in the right direction. I am actively working on coming up with some sort of regular release schedule because it will indeed be a huge factor for overall success. I'm just very cautious to ensure that it's something I can stick to consistently before I commit to it publicly.

• 768 posts
    January 18, 2019 2:29 AM PST

Nice work, Bazgrim. I think it's a great idea to push out shorter infomercials, as not everyone is willing to sit down for 15-30 mins or even 1 hour+ to learn about pantheon. Especially those new to the game. So big cheers for that. 

It's going to be challenging for you to keep yourself within those 60 seconds. But as long as viewers perceive you as someone who's having fun and relaxed doing this, your message will get across.

I'm looking forward to your upcoming Baz Flash !

This post was edited by Barin999 at January 18, 2019 2:29 AM PST
    • 259 posts
    January 18, 2019 6:51 AM PST

Great idea and well done!

Keep them coming. :)

• 2886 posts
    January 21, 2019 8:14 PM PST

Barin999 said:

Nice work, Bazgrim. I think it's a great idea to push out shorter infomercials, as not everyone is willing to sit down for 15-30 mins or even 1 hour+ to learn about pantheon. Especially those new to the game. So big cheers for that. 

It's going to be challenging for you to keep yourself within those 60 seconds. But as long as viewers perceive you as someone who's having fun and relaxed doing this, your message will get across.

I'm looking forward to your upcoming Baz Flash !

Thanks! That's the idea :) I agree it will sometimes be difficult to keep it to 60 seconds during large info dumps on newsletters or streams, but I will just have to make an executive decision as to what the most important info is and then just provide links for those that want more details. As much as I like comprehensive summaries, there is also a need for abridged "need-to-know" info for those that just follow the game more casually as well. So providing both will certainly be a challenge, but I'm up for it :)

I polished up the overlay and am looking forward to the next opportunity I have to make another Baz Flash. If anyone sees anything you think I should report on, use #BazFlash to let me know on social media!

• 1281 posts
    February 12, 2019 5:11 PM PST

Thanks for your Lore video.

• 2886 posts
    February 14, 2019 12:05 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

Thanks for your Lore video.

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it! More videos on the way of course, including another Baz Flash next week! :)

• 74 posts
    February 17, 2019 5:11 PM PST

Very nice Bazgrim. I'm going to watch this after the Visionary Realms podcast. :)

~ CaffeineInjected ~

• 74 posts
    February 17, 2019 5:16 PM PST

Ok Baz I finished the vid. 1 minute! Good content. Nice to see the elf screen shot. I do like that format as well.

Thanks for the hard work

~ CaffeineInjected ~

• 2886 posts
    February 20, 2019 5:35 PM PST

Thanks for the feedback, all! :) I think you'll see that I've made a few improvements this time around. The new Baz Flash, covering this month's newsletter is now available! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQhUE3qOro

• 624 posts
    February 20, 2019 7:15 PM PST

Well done Baz - appreciate the quick run-down format.  Do you make these in one single take, or is your editing mojo just that good?

• 2886 posts
    February 20, 2019 8:28 PM PST

Kumu said:

Well done Baz - appreciate the quick run-down format.  Do you make these in one single take, or is your editing mojo just that good?

Haha good question. No, I do them in one take. I was just telling someone earlier that I should start keeping the bloopers so one day I can make a Baz Flash blooper reel lol. Cause trust me, there are some good ones :P It takes me several tries to get the timing right and not stumble over my words

• 2886 posts
    March 20, 2019 3:30 PM PDT

Made a few slight improvements again, although they're pretty minor so I'd be impressed if you can notice them haha. Always learning and listening to your feedback as well though, so I already have a couple improvements in mind for next month. Not gonna stop until this is the highest production quality of a news broadcast in Pantheon lol. Anyway, here is today's episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amma1FcPH2k

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 22, 2019 2:27 PM PDT
    • 206 posts
    March 21, 2019 5:58 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Kumu said:

Haha good question. No, I do them in one take. I was just telling someone earlier that I should start keeping the bloopers so one day I can make a Baz Flash blooper reel lol. Cause trust me, there are some good ones :P It takes me several tries to get the timing right and not stumble over my words

um.. absolutely do this please. =)

• 206 posts
    March 21, 2019 6:01 AM PDT

Also, if you dont mind taking suggestions....maybe shy away from the headset and get like a nice YETI mic or something more hidden. After all you are a professional. ;)

• 2886 posts
    March 21, 2019 6:31 PM PDT

Valorous1 said:

Also, if you dont mind taking suggestions....maybe shy away from the headset and get like a nice YETI mic or something more hidden. After all you are a professional. ;)

Haha yes good suggestion. That's been on my radar.

• 41 posts
    March 21, 2019 6:53 PM PDT

Hey Bazgrim, your link sent me to Feb Bazflash but I navigated to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amma1FcPH2k for the March Update. Keep up the great work!

• 2886 posts
    March 22, 2019 2:28 PM PDT

Draxsis said:

Hey Bazgrim, your link sent me to Feb Bazflash but I navigated to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amma1FcPH2k for the March Update. Keep up the great work!

Oh whoops, you're right. Idk how that happened. Fixed it. Thanks! :)

• 2886 posts
    April 17, 2019 3:50 PM PDT

Your April newsletter summary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL9CFgtngTY

• 41 posts
    April 18, 2019 6:54 PM PDT

Good job as always Bazgrim!

• 2886 posts
    April 20, 2019 9:59 AM PDT

Thanks Drax! And with the news today about changes to the upcoming CohhCarnage stream, I think that deserves yet another Baz Flash! :D I'm getting better and faster at making these, so I should be able to quickly crank out emergency updates when needed: https://youtu.be/h89mt5QQF8k

• 624 posts
    April 21, 2019 8:10 PM PDT

Thanks Baz, love the flashes. I appreciate the time and effort you must put into each one. Please keep up the great work.

[cant wait for the day you cover a fleshed out, fully functional, Pantheon minstrel...the Baz Bard Flash]

This post was edited by Kumu at April 21, 2019 8:13 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 15, 2019 4:35 PM PDT

lol thanks Kumu! This time around, I decided to combine yesterday's announcement about the pledge changes with today's newsletter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4SeTiG5Iyw

• 165 posts
    May 29, 2019 10:34 PM PDT

Hey Baz.

I just checked out a few of your Baz Flashes and they are great. It's a creative and smart way to keep the casual Pantheon Fan up to date. Of course that led me to watch your other content. Your content is well done and rich with information. Keep up the great work!