- An awareness that content is king.
requirement that classes have identities. No single player should be
able to do everything on their own.
- A belief that
game economies should be predicated on delaying and minimizing item
- A commitment to a style of play
that focuses on immersive combat, and engaging group mechanics.
- An understanding that a truly challenging game is
- An expectation that with greater
risk will come greater reward.
- An understanding
that player involvement is required for progression. All actions (or
lack thereof) should have consequences. Positive actions should be
rewarded. Apathy or lack of action should not be rewarded with
- A belief that meaningful character
progression will always involve a player increasing in both power
- A mindset that some degree of downtime
should be part of a game, ensuring players have time to form
important social bonds.
- A belief that an immersive
world requires intelligent inhabitants.
understanding that faction and alignment should be an integral part
of interacting with the world and its citizens.
sincere commitment to creating a world where a focus on cooperative play
will attract those seeking a challenge.
- A belief
that the greatest sense of accomplishment comes when it is shared -
- An agreement that player levels should
be both meaningful and memorable.
- An assertion that player vs. environment should involve more
than NPCs -- Engage the World!