Forums » Pantheon Classes

What class do you plan to main

• 28 posts
    April 2, 2019 3:16 PM PDT

I'll be maining either

1) x1 Enchanter, x3 Summoners and x1 Shaman

or

2) x1 Summoner, x3 Enchanters and x1 Shaman

Honestly I should really only be 4-boxing, but I'm not sure if 2 Summoners will be kicking out enough damage.

The second option is really only feasible if the Summoner Summon Behemoths can be used three times - one for each enchanter.  

Mal

• 24 posts
    April 29, 2019 12:24 AM PDT

As someone who usually mains rogue and was REALLY looking forward to maining an enchanter in Pantheon, I'm 99% certain I will be maining a warrior at this point. I've always wanted to be a warrior, but they always bored me. I love tanking, but paladins are always more fun to tank with in every other game I've tried, which I hate because I love the warrior's blood and guts, sweat and blood class fantasy.

I started out EQ back in the day as a warrior, but I was I think 13 at the time and soloing as a warrior was rough. It was also boring compared to druids and shaman. Warrior just felt like a worse version of every other class, like a base starting point to a class that never got cool spells or abilities (at least to my 13 year old self). In classic WoW I started as a warrior too. It was a much better experience, but I still switched to rogue around level 30 because I got bored of being a warrior.

After watching the latest gameplay with Cohh, I was instantly sold.

I feel like they shouldn't even be called warrior, they should be called Warmaster or something. They feel to me like a roman commander on a battlefield, giving orders to their soldiers and controlling the fight. The banners look cool, the formations look cool, everything looks so fun. I'm also hoping that they will be one of the least played classes because I'm a hipster like that.

I also plan to alt an enchanter or a bard, a rogue, and a druid at some point.

• 2 posts
    May 1, 2019 4:08 PM PDT

Depending on game mechanics, I'll main either a Dire Lord or Bard...but I'm not gonna run around all night pulling, either.  haha

• 372 posts
    May 2, 2019 8:10 AM PDT

I can't seem to decide on a main at this point. Shaman is in my top three. Personally, I am likely to pick the class that has the utility spells/abilities I like the most. 

This post was edited by Tigersin at May 2, 2019 8:11 AM PDT
    • 57 posts
    May 2, 2019 11:48 PM PDT
    I like tanking but really like hybrid classes sooo leaning toward paladin or warrior.
    • 7 posts
    May 5, 2019 4:48 AM PDT

Either Summoner or Shaman.

I'm leaning Summoner gameplay-wise (I can see it being kind of like the Vanilla WoW Hunter of Pantheon - extremely fun-to-play but also challenging to master), and Shaman lore-wise (I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of really interesting class-specific Perception quests with the Shaman, such as talking to ghosts, seeing events from different time periods of Terminus, etc.)

This post was edited by jfrombaugh at May 5, 2019 4:51 AM PDT
    • 5 posts
    May 6, 2019 2:22 AM PDT

Paladin. I usually play an SK or equivalent, but started playing a Paladin in EQ and I am going to continue that here. (Hopefully the allowable races increase)

• 346 posts
    May 19, 2019 1:24 PM PDT

I pulled the raw data and found the 'Play as main' figures as follows...

https://i.imgur.com/uXuzzV6.png

Cleric - 27
    Druid - 26
    Shaman - 42

Warrior - 28
    Dire Lord - 26
    Paladin - 25

Enchanter - 38

Rogue - 20
    Ranger - 18
    Monk - 21
    Summoner - 32
    Wizard - 21

Archetype values

Healer - 95
    Tank - 79
    Support/Control - 38
    DPS - 112 (37 in a group comparison. DPS needs to be 50% of total value to remain nominal)

Total 324 (Main) answers

What I would have hoped was to include Bard and Necromancer since they will be in the game at some point. Bard likely before Beta but there still seems to be a heavy DPS deficit and Healers and Tanks making up that deficit. Control/Support number means little since it's missing the Bard so that number would likely be larger and closer to Tank as shown in six other polls. In summary, the values seem to be consistent thus far.

This post was edited by Janus at May 19, 2019 2:43 PM PDT
    • 4 posts
    May 21, 2019 6:40 PM PDT

Dire-Lord or Paladin will be my main.

• 36 posts
    May 23, 2019 9:05 AM PDT

I'm generally interested in healing and heavy DPS classes. Heavy DPS has a broad meaning; I sometimes enjoy doing large amounts of DPS, such as a Wizard, but also enjoy being a DPS Warrior (heavy armor/platemail). I know the DPS Warrior path isn't very popular on this site but I have found enjoyment out of that gameplay.

I have my list narrowed down, based on interest alone:

DPS Warrior

Wizard

Cleric

The Wizard is a stretch for me but has a lot of potential that could sway my interest. DPS Warrior is also slightly risky at this stage because of the lack of information that has been provided to support such a playstyle. At this point, I would play a Cleric because I enjoy being in the position of keeping others alive so we can win a fight. Adds a unique intensity to the game that I rarely get elsewhere.

• 21 posts
    May 26, 2019 3:09 PM PDT

If they manage to bring them out, I'll be main a Gnome Necromancer with an Archai or Human Monk as a strong alt. I thought about playing an Ogre Dread Lord but I played a number of tank classes in EQ and Vanguard as mains.

• 520 posts
    May 28, 2019 9:12 AM PDT

Right now I'm torn between wizard and enchanter (GNOME!) - I guess I'll make my mind during beta. I'll definitely alt cleric (dwarf) and either warrior (dwarf or dark myr) which is the most "competent" tank class in my opinion or dire lord which is the most appealing in the rp terms (skar or ogre).

• 21 posts
    May 28, 2019 12:10 PM PDT

This is going to be a tough choice...

• 36 posts
    May 29, 2019 1:18 PM PDT

Cleric said:

This is going to be a tough choice...

I bet you'll pick a .... off-tank

• 116 posts
    May 31, 2019 7:00 PM PDT

Well, I really want to get out of my comfort zone and play a class that’s new to me. 

I am an explorer by nature.

But how are you supposed to choose anything other than a Druid when they frontload such QoL (quality of life) abilities as ports, heals, run speed, buffs all in one class?

Everything about the Druid says, “Like to explore? (((Choose)))  (((me)))

One of my my pet peeves in EQ1 was, as another class, you had to beg for run speed buffs or be condemned to plod along slowly.

• 245 posts
    June 7, 2019 7:45 PM PDT
    Wizard or Druid
    • 193 posts
    June 10, 2019 8:54 AM PDT

Grayel said:

Well, I really want to get out of my comfort zone and play a class that’s new to me. 

I am an explorer by nature.

But how are you supposed to choose anything other than a Druid when they frontload such QoL (quality of life) abilities as ports, heals, run speed, buffs all in one class?

Everything about the Druid says, “Like to explore? (((Choose)))  (((me)))

One of my my pet peeves in EQ1 was, as another class, you had to beg for run speed buffs or be condemned to plod along slowly.

If you like to explore, you might want to consider Pantheon's ranger. :)