Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“What We Know” The Stonemason

• 259 posts
    November 18, 2018 9:30 AM PST

“With the game in such early development these Harvesting, Crafting and Specializations are subject to change without notice.”

This is the best Video available now for the descriptions of Crafting and Harvesting. A big thanks go to our very own Bazgrim at BazgrimTV, and to Senior Game Designer Corey "Ceythos" LeFever for this interview.

https://youtu.be/y3qG-RdZBD8

So, what do we know about the Stonemason? Not a whole lot I’m afraid, but we do have a basic idea from the information that we do have. The Stonemason will be a tradeskill that allows the player to create jewelry and sculpting’s for players in Pantheon.

The Stonemason will have two specializations available to them later as skills increase.

They can choose to become a Jeweler: This specialization focuses on the study and creation of different types of jewelry I assume. This specialization will probably be able to create standard and special types of rings and earrings. Maybe these items could consist of different types of keys? Maybe we will need gems for use in certain areas in the game world.

Or they can choose to become a Sculptor: This specialization focuses on the study and creation of, well I’m not sure. These could possibly consist of items regularly needed for other types of tradeskills. Maybe these items will be needed for certain quests or areas in the game world. Could this specialization possibly be able to create Idol’s that can be used by characters such as in the range slot like EverQuest has?

As the game moves along in development we will learn more specifics about the different tradeskills that will be available to us. So, hang in there and as soon as we know more, you will know more. If you haven’t yet, go watch the interview on Bazgrim TV, just follow the link above to watch a very descriptive discussion about Crafting. Any ideas you have on what you think the Stonemason should be? Please post and share them with us.

• 38 posts
    November 18, 2018 12:29 PM PST

I'd like to see the jeweler line include lapidary. A bit of a pet peeve of mine in some MMOs is harvesting gemstones from a rock that are already cut. For those who don't know, gemstones are like any other rock in that they are found in a rock-like state; that is, in different shapes/sizes with errosion apparent, etc. A person has to "cut" (actually abrade) material from the stone and put facets on it before it is set in a piece of jewelry. So, BRING ON THE LAPIDARY! 

• 193 posts
    March 28, 2019 10:37 AM PDT

When I saw this topic I immediately thought 'Awesome! A tradeskill to cut stone to build houses and other structures!' Wishful thinking, it seems. :(

• 1785 posts
    March 28, 2019 10:48 AM PDT

Percipiens said:

When I saw this topic I immediately thought 'Awesome! A tradeskill to cut stone to build houses and other structures!' Wishful thinking, it seems. :(

Perhaps for launch, but Brad has acknowledged that he'd like to get housing into the game.  It would just be an expansion-level effort to do so in the way that the team would like to do it.  Time will tell, obviously.  But I think if housing does come into the game, we can expect stonemason (as well as other crafting professions) to play a role :)

• 624 posts
    March 28, 2019 3:54 PM PDT

Sculpting specialization is clearly intended for creating grand statues in the town square / guild / trainer halls of your favorite heroes, creatures, and most importantly...

Charming, dapper bards - with feathered caps!

• 259 posts
    March 28, 2019 4:18 PM PDT

We really must have a Grand Bard Statue in the town square.

• 1785 posts
    March 28, 2019 8:02 PM PDT

The question is which bard to use as the subject!  I think there may need to be a contest to determine who's top of the charts.