Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

NEW INFO about the Official Streaming Program feat. Ben Dean

• 2886 posts
    November 15, 2018 8:00 PM PST

Hey everyone,

Today I had the distinct privilege of interviewing Visionary Realms' Director of Communications Ben Dean live on my Twitch channel. For the first time ever, he gave us some details on the official Pantheon Community Streaming program that was announced at TwitchCon 2017. This is really exciting news for anyone that plans to stream the game or even just wants to know when/where there'll be more gameplay to watch! It'll be a fantastic way to grow the game and the community at the same time.

Thanks to everyone that tuned in. But if you were not able to catch it live, you can watch the recording here: https://youtu.be/yfhcXXKJbPc

Baz

• 612 posts
    November 15, 2018 8:58 PM PST

One of the little tidbits in here was Ben said that they plan to do multiple streams during the Phase 4 of Pre-Alpha which will be done around Christmas. So early christmas presents for us with more streams :-)

• 1019 posts
    November 17, 2018 6:28 AM PST

I heard your question on the "When" can the streamers do this.  But is there going to be a list of who's allowed to stream, will this be put up on the site somewhere?  Also, yes, it would be nice to have the when's of when they're allowed to do this.  Good job Baz, but maybe from Kilsin or someone we can get a little more detailed info on this so those of us interested to watch can know who when where.

• 35 posts
    November 18, 2018 6:46 AM PST

Do you have a summary Baz? Like usally? I can't connect to youtube or tvitch from china. But i am interested.

• 1019 posts
    November 18, 2018 10:38 AM PST

Pufug said:

Do you have a summary Baz? Like usally? I can't connect to youtube or tvitch from china. But i am interested.

I got ya fam.  

Baz:  "umm"

Ben: "yeah" & "like we talked about earlier"

Haha, just kidding, it was a decent stream but the majority of the talk was soley about the Streamer Program they are allowing certain Pre-Alpha players to stream at certain times.  (Neither of which is currently known)  Little talk about what was already mentioned in the Nov Newsletter but mostly, although I'm thankful to Baz for putting himself out there, there wasn't any information made ready.  Just fringe talk about the streamer program.

• 2886 posts
    November 19, 2018 12:23 PM PST

Kittik said:

Pufug said:

I got ya fam.  

Baz:  "umm"

Ben: "yeah" & "like we talked about earlier"

Haha, just kidding, it was a decent stream but the majority of the talk was soley about the Streamer Program they are allowing certain Pre-Alpha players to stream at certain times.  (Neither of which is currently known)  Little talk about what was already mentioned in the Nov Newsletter but mostly, although I'm thankful to Baz for putting himself out there, there wasn't any information made ready.  Just fringe talk about the streamer program.

I think it was pretty clear that the purpose of the interview was always to only provide info specifically about the streamer program. I like to keep my interviews clear and concise, so it would not have made much sense to discuss anything outside of the streaming program. Up until then, there was next to zero info available about how to stream the game, so this interview provided a lot of very valuable answers to those that are planning on streaming the game. But I know full well that it may not be of particular interest to those who don't plan on streaming, except for the mention of new gameplay streams coming in Pre-Alpha 4 that everyone can enjoy.

If there's a different topic you all want me to dig deeper on, let me know so I can track down the appropriate dev and have an interview dedicated to that. There's always a ton of different things to talk about in MMO, so mixing topics only adds to the confusion.

Anyway, thanks for watching!

• 2886 posts
    November 19, 2018 12:24 PM PST

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

One of the little tidbits in here was Ben said that they plan to do multiple streams during the Phase 4 of Pre-Alpha which will be done around Christmas. So early christmas presents for us with more streams :-)

Yup! You can find them here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9641/december-2nd-stream

• 2886 posts
    November 19, 2018 12:25 PM PST

Pufug said:

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to summarize my own interview, but Tinnis on Reddit was able to generate a word-for-word transcription that you might find helpful: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQAkA_AaDEWLyn9qf4aQnWhnPLwQIYZ9ZfS5p2AJTFsofDWavIlUGFtWKU9uGAzqCfLd38VRcsmNipU/pub

This post was edited by Bazgrim at November 19, 2018 12:26 PM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 19, 2018 6:06 PM PST

Thx for interview.

• 1019 posts
    November 19, 2018 6:26 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

If there's a different topic you all want me to dig deeper on, let me know so I can track down the appropriate dev and have an interview dedicated to that. There's always a ton of different things to talk about in MMO, so mixing topics only adds to the confusion.

Crafting.  How the best crafted gear will compete?  How it will be "tied" into adventuring?  Will adventurers have to complete raids to get the rarest of gems for the crafters to make the bestest of armor.  Will it be a twitch based timed crafting, will it be a click here and wait and hope your skills are high enough to not fail?  

Housing.  Which way is VR leaning?  Instanced or persistant?  Why?  Is there still a holdout for this to be an after-release DLC?  Why?  

Fishing.  Is this going to be more of a fringe ability to catch fish for provisions or is it going to be an actual mini game that can be fun?  

Skills.  Is this just an auto updated on ability gain ala EQ?  Or can we have a more interactive approach to skill gain and and more meaningful feeling of the work we put in?

Acclimation armor and abilities.  We were showed this a long time ago and nothing else has been said since then.

Bards.  Chris sat down with you and said that he is quite confident that they will make release.  More please.

• 1281 posts
    November 19, 2018 6:35 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Pufug said:

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to summarize my own interview, but Tinnis on Reddit was able to generate a word-for-word transcription that you might find helpful: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQAkA_AaDEWLyn9qf4aQnWhnPLwQIYZ9ZfS5p2AJTFsofDWavIlUGFtWKU9uGAzqCfLd38VRcsmNipU/pub

Buy Dragon Dictate.....heeheheh  Then play the stream back and have it transcribed through the software.

• 1618 posts
    November 19, 2018 7:46 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

If there's a different topic you all want me to dig deeper on, let me know so I can track down the appropriate dev and have an interview dedicated to that.

C’mon, Baz. It’s about time you stop asking the fluff questions and get to a real topic:

Mohawks —

What races have them?

What color options are there?

Is their a slider for size?

Female options?

Will they finally ban fauxhawks?

• 178 posts
    November 20, 2018 1:09 AM PST

--> will crafting will be generic recipies like gw2? when you basically canmake everything as long as you have the right amount of points in the skill

or you have very few basic recipies learned from trainers and all the rest of the recipies are drops that you have to find in order to advance?

--> what about natural caves? will we have natural caves under hills and in forest to explore?

--> will there be special buffs that can be recieved only in pubs and taverns? (player buffs , that can be cast only in tavern and have long duration of 1 hour or more )

• 2886 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:56 PM PST

Kittik said:

Bazgrim said:

Crafting.  How the best crafted gear will compete?  How it will be "tied" into adventuring?  Will adventurers have to complete raids to get the rarest of gems for the crafters to make the bestest of armor.  Will it be a twitch based timed crafting, will it be a click here and wait and hope your skills are high enough to not fail?  

MyNegation said:

--> will crafting will be generic recipies like gw2? when you basically canmake everything as long as you have the right amount of points in the skill

or you have very few basic recipies learned from trainers and all the rest of the recipies are drops that you have to find in order to advance?

Good questions. If you haven't already, make sure you watch the interview I did with Corey LeFever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qG-RdZBD8

• 1247 posts
    November 21, 2018 4:42 PM PST

Thx Baz. Nice Sarah M. in the beginning too :D

• 20 posts
    March 17, 2020 3:58 AM PDT

Bazgrim you are doing the lords own work. Thankyou for all the information and your clear love of pantheon, Nathan too, and anyone covering, thory crafting or just flat out Pantheoneononining

• 2756 posts
    March 17, 2020 4:24 AM PDT

MushyMel said:

Bazgrim you are doing the lords own work. Thankyou for all the information and your clear love of pantheon, Nathan too, and anyone covering, thory crafting or just flat out Pantheoneononining

Got excited there, but the OP is from 2018, Pre-Alpha 4...

• 20 posts
    March 18, 2020 10:50 PM PDT

disposalist said:

MushyMel said:

Got excited there, but the OP is from 2018, Pre-Alpha 4...

lol guess the forum is kinda stale if such old topics are still hanging around on the front page.. None the less Bargrim is still leading the way,  him and nathan.

This post was edited by MushyMel at March 18, 2020 10:51 PM PDT