Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Personal Branded Crafted Items

• 24 posts
    August 13, 2018 11:45 AM PDT

Tn the spirit of forming bonds and friendships, one of the main things i can say helps promote this is re-occuring meetings. so to help promote this, when you craft an item have it said "made by: (Name)" at the bottom of crafted items. this way someone who greatly enjoys crafting can take pride in thier work of selling Mastercrafted, or Legendary Crafted weapons and armor. this would also remind the owner of the person that made the peice for when they are looking for an upgrade. or if they find a single piece of a set on the marketplace and really want all thier gear to match, then they can contact the smith that made the chestplate and request the entire set from them as well.

• 1315 posts
    August 13, 2018 12:26 PM PDT

“Crafted by” is definitely a must if there is any real customization to crafted items.  My pie in the sky would be if I could work hard to customize the color pattern of the armor I make which could be saved to my server side character data.  When I go back to make another version of that item I can select said saved color pattern and have it consume an appropriate quantity of dyeing materials to apply it.  If another player wants exactly that look they can contact me to have that made.

A lot will depend on what customization will be possible in Pantheon crafting.  If it is only X+Y+Z= ”Sword of XYZ” then Crafted By won’t matter much as every weapon smith will be able to make the Sword of XYZ when they find the recipe.

• 1785 posts
    August 13, 2018 5:34 PM PDT

+1 for a Maker's Mark on crafted items :)  For all the reasons you all mentioned, and then some.

• 768 posts
    August 14, 2018 5:05 AM PDT

As a crafter I'm always proud to be able to craft for other players. I'm all for tags as long as they have meaning and use.

If there would be such a thing as ingame reputation, it could hold some value. Prestige is another thing all together, me thinks. (I'll try and whip up a thread on the crafting forum about that).

Trasak made a valid point there, if everyone can craft the same item.. than there is no real meaning for this type of branding. It will just be useless data for most.

However, when there is a degree of customization to it...then this could become very useful. The main factor here is, how common will things get. If a crafters can go as broad in design/experimentation that only 10/server can make X, then you have a nice set up here for economy and crafting carriers. If you are the first to discover an item but after 4 months 500 players are making that same item, it again would have lost meaning to have your tag on the item.

Can I just ask, Snoochy..how do you see that when an item is being made by multiple crafters? Or perhaps during groupcrafting (hint towards our boost thread).

For example I'ld love to see crafted items being sold holding a lable of a Crafters guild. For example: an axe recipe requires multiple crafters...after completion they can choose to put either the name of 1 crafter or the name of their guild on the item. For example: the Mythril Forges of Khazas.  

• 2886 posts
    August 14, 2018 5:12 AM PDT

I agree. There's some good discussion about this in this thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4050/quot-made-by-quot/view/page/1

This post was edited by Bazgrim at August 14, 2018 5:12 AM PDT
    • 24 posts
    August 15, 2018 8:45 AM PDT

Barin999 said:

Can I just ask, Snoochy..how do you see that when an item is being made by multiple crafters? Or perhaps during groupcrafting (hint towards our boost thread).

For example I'ld love to see crafted items being sold holding a lable of a Crafters guild. For example: an axe recipe requires multiple crafters...after completion they can choose to put either the name of 1 crafter or the name of their guild on the item. For example: the Mythril Forges of Khazas.  

ultimately there would only be one final crafter of the item. Say if a person who made a "Frosted Mithril Sabre" would be the person who made it, regardless that you has a Handle made from A, sharpeneing stones from B, filigre from C. they contributed to it sure, but it's creation would be because of a singluar person. If the creater of that sword would want a record of who sold him what, at some point, that would probably be better handled by allowing Notes next to friends on your Friends List. That way if someone ever asked you who you got your handles from, you could reference them the carpenter. could also have the profession of the characters listed in the Guild Roaster due to the speciallization being a realtively limiting factor for interdependancy. i'd say to keep it to a single crafter because it'd be alot easier to track, program the maker of it, and in the future when you're trying to make end game items that have a significant material list, you don't have 20 signitures on it. having said that, if it is an item that requires a guild's participation for manning something like a huge foundry and involves a mini-game of sorts, covered in that thread, i could see it being stated as "made by Terminus Legends!". or maybe for the construction of a house have a small placard at the front showing who contributed to more then a certain % of the final product, or the top 3, and would only show who built it if you inspected the placard.

This post was edited by Snoochy at August 15, 2018 8:47 AM PDT
    • 768 posts
    August 15, 2018 10:28 AM PDT

Yeah, sounds like the best way to go at it indeed, Snoochy.

I like the idea of having a contribution board in front of houses/halls or other ingame playermade creations.