Forums » The Dwarves

Dwarven paly /dire lord musing

• 272 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:11 AM PDT

So, I've been giving it some thought.

I think it'd make more sense for Paladin to be removed from Dwarves and Dire Lord from Myr, swapping them among the races. If, for some reason VR is determined to keep paladin from one of the three Cleric races.

Dwarves venerate their founder an a living ancestor, not as a God, so to my thinking the ability to be clerics is shakey at best as it is. Adding to that Dwarven Berserker is such an eternal trope it's a shame the Dwarves cannot give in to thier rage as a Dire Lord.

Dark Myr on the other hand have a pantheon of dieties they worship according to their background lore, and are an outwardly emotionally cold race, so a Myr giving up the preachings for a solitary vengance (the pantheon paladin story, not champion of all things good and shiny) makes much more sense.

Personally I find it kind of rediculous that all cleric races can't be paladin when one is evil but paladins aren't champions of good in this game, but it it has to he one race without, Dwarf makes much more sense.

Also, flipping it would at least allow a paladin representative on 2 of 3 continents instead of just one.

This post was edited by Xilshale at August 8, 2018 10:12 AM PDT
    • 1724 posts
    August 8, 2018 2:02 PM PDT

Xilshale said:

So, I've been giving it some thought.

I think it'd make more sense for Paladin to be removed from Dwarves and Dire Lord from Myr, swapping them among the races. If, for some reason VR is determined to keep paladin from one of the three Cleric races.

Dwarves venerate their founder an a living ancestor, not as a God, so to my thinking the ability to be clerics is shakey at best as it is. Adding to that Dwarven Berserker is such an eternal trope it's a shame the Dwarves cannot give in to thier rage as a Dire Lord.

Dark Myr on the other hand have a pantheon of dieties they worship according to their background lore, and are an outwardly emotionally cold race, so a Myr giving up the preachings for a solitary vengance (the pantheon paladin story, not champion of all things good and shiny) makes much more sense.

Personally I find it kind of rediculous that all cleric races can't be paladin when one is evil but paladins aren't champions of good in this game, but it it has to he one race without, Dwarf makes much more sense.

Also, flipping it would at least allow a paladin representative on 2 of 3 continents instead of just one.

Well, Khazas is not the only god of the dwarves, Lock, Ehn and Hammur still exists at godhood's level.

The direlord doesn't sound like a berserker to me, even if he carry no shield and mail armor, and I feel the dark myr are more prone to bloody sadistic ways that dwarves, except under rhazik's influence.

Not a good point for me ! But I'm just like anyone.

• 2571 posts
    August 8, 2018 3:42 PM PDT

Dark Myr are deeply connected to Syronai, they likely have no paladins because for a cleric to go against the order and presume to take judgements into their own hands as they see fit would be heresy among Myr and an insult to the memory of Syronai.