Forums » Pantheon Classes

Disciple?

• 7 posts
    July 20, 2018 8:00 AM PDT

Future class Disciple like in Vanguard SOH? 

• 154 posts
    July 20, 2018 1:26 PM PDT

From Vanguard wiki:

Disciples are oriented around generating a nearly non stop stream of healing from melee combat range and rely less on their energy pool than any other healer class using instead melee attacks and combos plus a third pool called "jin" that is regenerated through combat. 

There is not a class that sound like that in Pantheon. Perhaps in a future expansion. 

• 228 posts
    July 23, 2018 4:10 AM PDT

The Vanguard Disciple was a hybrid between a healer and martial arts dps class.

I played one with enthusiasm, partly because it was easy to solo as you could deal good dps and heal yourself, partly because its versatility made it welcome in most groups.

However, the Vanguard version of it probably wouldn't fit well with the intended focus on class interdependency.

• 14 posts
    August 15, 2018 12:07 PM PDT

I was actually going to post this very question.  I played a Disciple in Vanguard, and it was my favorite class.  I love melee classes and found the Disciple was much more welcome in groups than a monk (my traditional class).  Since it's pretty obvious that there's no disciple in Pantheon, I'm wondering what would be the closest.  I played a monk, BL, and SK as my "main" in EQ for much of my time, and I'm wondering if the Dire Lord's self healing and melee abilities would give me the same "fix" I had in Vanguard for melee and healing, especially since I also played the SK in EQ so heavily.

For the record, if Chris Perkins is reading this....give us a disciple class!  Vanguard did it right!