Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Time for a head count!

• 59 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:43 AM PDT

PvE Mainly, RP secondary

• 1 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:43 AM PDT
    Roleplayer here with a love for pve as well.
    • 151 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:44 AM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Sabot said:

PvE.

RP would be great only if there were special rules to the server, like no common language. Things that would give it an added challenge and force you to be more involved in your character in different ways. If it's just a server that says RP on it but doesnt change anything then whats the point?

Getting us roleplayers on the same one, favoring wild roleplay and roleplay groups with unknown people.

And if your server takes off and has either a good population compared to the others (EQ2) or a better economy, or anything desirable you will get non roleplayers flooding it. I would think that would not be desirable to have non rople players on a role play server. Just seeing all of the stupid names people come up with alone should be enough to make a RPer cringe.

One way to prevent that or limit it is to have special rules that make it not worth the effort for a normal player to want to invade your space. There should be rules that make sense in a role playing way that would not be appreciated by anyone else.

• 10 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:46 AM PDT

Not sure why pve only people are responding that they only do pve when hes asking for a PVP and RP head count.

count me for pvp

• 626 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:07 AM PDT

PvE Focused Server. However I'd love to see a small area available even in PvE Servers that might offer some players a chance to play around with PvP. 

• 523 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:09 AM PDT

PvE.  Tend to go roleplay only because those servers tend to have the highest and most consistent population.  

• 19 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:12 AM PDT

I am glad to hear that there could be at least 1 PVP server! That said, I would follow where my guild will go. Unfortunately, my current guild is a bunch of friends who prefer PvE. But I am also a member of a PvP guild and would also join them. I have a feeling that I would probably level 2 characters on 2 different servers. 

Depending on the ruleset for PVP, I'm most likely to go with the PvP. If I am playing this game solo at release, I am most likely going PvE unless I find a good guild to join for PvP.

• 13 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:13 AM PDT
    PvE for sure
    • 31 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:37 AM PDT
    I am PVE/RP.

I fully support the idea of separate PVP servers with the option to duel on PVE servers. I believe that PVP can have a negative impact in the PVE/RP environment. I love the fact that pantheon offers me the choice to PVP or not. I am not a huge fan of playing a game that has forced PVP.

I know I am a small voice in this community but I would prefer the RP community reside within the PVE community. I believe as authors of our own adventure we are able to control the limitations in which we role-play. If I for instance choose to be an Orc who does not speak Elven I am able to do so. I would like to see the integration of the PVE and role-play communities as I see no negative but an endless list of positive. With Pantheon being a PVE game I will be happy to support any inclusion of the RP community.

As the Admin of Pantheon Role-players I can see the conmunity coming together in support of RP. We may have varying opinions on what that looks like in the future but one thing we all have in common is our love for Pantheon and role-play.

Alex
    • 13 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:46 AM PDT

I like both, but open world PVP is just fun.

• 643 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:52 AM PDT

pvE and RP here

(btw I think RP ties more to PvE whereas PvP does not lend itself to RP as much)

• 217 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:54 AM PDT

pve

• 1479 posts
    May 31, 2018 9:56 AM PDT

And if your server takes off and has either a good population compared to the others (EQ2) or a better economy, or anything desirable you will get non roleplayers flooding it. I would think that would not be desirable to have non rople players on a role play server. Just seeing all of the stupid names people come up with alone should be enough to make a RPer cringe.

One way to prevent that or limit it is to have special rules that make it not worth the effort for a normal player to want to invade your space. There should be rules that make sense in a role playing way that would not be appreciated by anyone else.

Beeing scared isn't especially worth making things unnecessary complex, I get your point and I know it's what happened at least on the french Roleplaying server of Wow, which startet with about 80% roleplayers and ended with least than 30% now I guess. The main thing is dictated by people choosing willingfully a secure environment for PvE HL, as roleplayers are rarelly good and focused PvE players (but that happens, yes) and server first or boss contest are less of a chore when you have little to no competition.

However, a language barrier in game is not that much of a barrier overall, and while it might avoid the "casual guy clicking Roleplay server withouth any clue or will to participate", big groups and raid will start on thoses nonetheless and use ouside vocal programs to communicate, probably taking the lead of PvE for months before any serious roleplaying group manage to threathen them.

But this exact scenario exists in environment where there IS a sense of contest or ownership. We do know that pantheon will feature "some" raid as much  as "some solo", but it remains a group centric game and It's not sure at all that raids will matter as much as they mattered in EQ Kunark, velious and more (Classic EQ was pretty raidless outside vox and nagafen).

In the end, the main problem on Roleplay servers is simply that non roleplayers will try to take advantage of the time roleplayers focus on something else than PvE to mash and claim rare targets, instead of just choosing an other server, but that can't be solved as it's just human selfish behaviour.

I simply prefer having a server with all roleplayers even if they are only 50% of the population, than 10 servers with 5% of the population of roleplayers on each like it is on FFXIV EU realms.

• 56 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:03 AM PDT

While I primarily play on RP servers and PvE mainly, I do love some good PvP. 

It largely depends on the game, some have terrible PvP, in which case I skip it but do miss it when it's not available.

Not interested in playing on a PvP server to get a PvP fix though.

• 769 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:04 AM PDT

PVE with very, very minimal RP. I enjoy writing about my character, but not remaining *in character* while playing. 

I might join a PvP server just for kicks, but even then, only if they have some special (and restricting) rulesets. No zone chat, no common language, etc. Otherwise it's just not for me. Real life is PvP enough. 

This post was edited by Tralyan at May 31, 2018 10:05 AM PDT
    • 53 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:09 AM PDT

PVE 100%

• 2756 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:21 AM PDT

Vanco said:

Not sure why pve only people are responding that they only do pve when hes asking for a PVP and RP head count.

count me for pvp

You're absolutely right.  I think Kilsin mentioning PvE and RP in the question confused me.  My bad.

I did answer re. RP too, though.

EDIT: I just noticed the Twitter equivalent to this forum post (which is what I read first) has a poll which includes PvE as an option, which also threw me and maybe others.  Doh.

This post was edited by disposalist at May 31, 2018 10:32 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:24 AM PDT

PvE only here.

• 89 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:28 AM PDT

So long as there's a way to duel other players on PvE and RP servers, and provided that RP servers have rules regarding lore-appropriate player names and don't enforce a strict "always in character" policy I'll roll on an RP server.

Unless a large number of my friends roll on a PvP or PvE server that is.

• 178 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:29 AM PDT

PVE only,  i can enjoy the flavour of occasional RP but cant stomach PVP.

• 2756 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:30 AM PDT

eldrun said:

disposalist said:

I would prefer no PvP, but if it's absolutely segregated and takes minimal development effort away from the PvE, then I suppose it's fine.

It is segregated. I mean you asking for something you don’t like to not be implemented is like me asking for there to be no rp servers. Doesn’t affect me so I shouldn’t care.

Also an mmo is far better pvp than moba imo. I don’t wanna sit down and play “matches” I wanna develop my toon and skills.

Yeah I sorta misread the question (and the Tweet poll includes PvE), but re-reading it, saying the servers are 'seperate' is not the same as segregating development, but I have read elsewhere they've promised to balance it seperately, so, as I said, as long as it takes minimal effort away from PvE, then it's fine.  I didn't suggest to play a MOBA instead...

This post was edited by disposalist at May 31, 2018 10:33 AM PDT
    • 76 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:53 AM PDT
    No problem disposalist the moba part was in response to someone else, should have specified :)
    • 3237 posts
    May 31, 2018 11:13 AM PDT

Prefer PVE but would love to see some sort of arena setting where players can consent to PVP.

• 37 posts
    May 31, 2018 11:22 AM PDT

RP please. Edit: And I mean please have a designated RP-Preferred PVE server, because while I love to roleplay, I also love PVE. The only reason I didn't include PVP is because I have not found anything that has come close to DAOC, which I especially enjoyed being able to support with crafting. 

(✿◠‿◠)

This post was edited by ariesel at June 1, 2018 6:06 AM PDT
    • 44 posts
    May 31, 2018 11:49 AM PDT

I'll be interested in PvE and PvP please. Mostly PvE though.