Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafter Market

• 9 posts
    March 11, 2018 6:44 PM PDT

This is something that I havent seen in any game I have played,
    It would be nice if you guys bring out a Market for Crafters where players ( like myself ) who dont like crafting at all can put out a request
    to have a piece of armor build,  the poster can also provide the material and the exchange is done via the interface.

xoxoxoxo

• 62 posts
    March 12, 2018 11:53 PM PDT

Hi Mardito, I use a guild for that. And I've seen something similar on the server forums in other games. No need to put in a system, just put in a traders type forum section?

• 77 posts
    March 14, 2018 8:11 AM PDT

I am currently thinking (don't know how exactly what all features are or will be in game) about making an external ordering website. Sort of like, ordering pizza online. Creating a place where crafters can join up and on server based update their crafts that way someone can go hmmmm that medium pan crust pizza looks great as well as that sword of cold +1. They place the order the crafter gets the details and starts crafting up also have the prices either set or negiotable. Then the crafter and the buyer can meet up in game and exchange the loots/currency. 

This post was edited by Nolvu at March 14, 2018 8:11 AM PDT
    • 9 posts
    March 14, 2018 8:38 AM PDT

Nolvu said:

I am currently thinking (don't know how exactly what all features are or will be in game) about making an external ordering website. Sort of like, ordering pizza online. Creating a place where crafters can join up and on server based update their crafts that way someone can go hmmmm that medium pan crust pizza looks great as well as that sword of cold +1. They place the order the crafter gets the details and starts crafting up also have the prices either set or negiotable. Then the crafter and the buyer can meet up in game and exchange the loots/currency. 

Hello, I like your Idea, we ( Gamers ) could create an online trade page,  but I remember playing some MMO Games where they developed mechanics for players to post requests for traders online.
    I think it was EQ2,  and it was the coolest thing an MMO could have ever made,  I remember requests from players going out like Hot Cake.

Doing Crafter Trades outside of the game is slow and gives players the oportunity to start unnesesary comments, fights, rants etc.

• 9 posts
    March 14, 2018 8:40 AM PDT

Koala said:

Hi Mardito, I use a guild for that. And I've seen something similar on the server forums in other games. No need to put in a system, just put in a traders type forum section?

Hello.-

As I mentioned below something like thsi was implemented in another game and it brings to player secure trading and most problably an option for the developers 
    to make it more difficult for the gold selles to trade Items for cash.

This post was edited by Mardito at March 14, 2018 8:41 AM PDT
    • 9 posts
    March 14, 2018 8:41 AM PDT

By the way pardon my grammar I am hispanic

• 68 posts
    April 4, 2018 4:41 PM PDT

I had mentioned this on another thread, but I refer you guys to Eve's market and crafting system.  Just about everything in Eve was player made.  There were multiple tiers of skill and products.  There was interdependancy of products.  It all worked thru the Market.  Eve had hands down the best Market system there ever has been in any MMO yet.  Ever.  If you don't agree, you haven't played Eve.  Novice and intermediary skilled craftmen could sell their products which were rivots, and straps and scales used to make other pieces and advanced crafters would buy them en masse and make more advanced, and complete pieces out of them, up to and including ships.  It created need at all levels.  Someone here said they would just go to their guild for products.  That's great, but not everyone has an uber guild to turn to, or a guild at all.  If there is a player driven, free market buy and sale system in place, crafting will benefit wildly.  If not, it'll face the same fate it always does.