Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Memorable EQ/VG moments..

• 15 posts
    February 24, 2018 4:43 AM PST

I played EQ for about 2 or 3 years until I had my second child, which greatly put a damper on my playing time. I never got a character past lvl47, and spent most of my time in mid-low level areas. One day, sometime in December, my somewhere around lvl 8 pally was in EC hanging around by the tunnel. It was late (eastern time zone) and not a lot of people were logged on. All of the sudden my trade window opened up, someone was trying to give me a platinum earring. I looked at the name, and it was "Santug Glugg" or something like that, and there was a big merry Troll handing out random gifts. I believe it was a mod, what a cool way to feel like a part of a living world. 

I wanted to hear more stories like this, or even better. Please share more!

• 221 posts
    February 24, 2018 8:04 AM PST

Some of the ones that jump out at me..

first time I saw a Hill Giant and griffon 

When I killed the Ancient Cyclops

Learned to Quad on my Wizzzzzzy! 

Killing Trakanon for the first time with my guild! 

To keep this post short I cut down a 100 other things! So many awesome memories.  

• 1281 posts
    February 24, 2018 4:16 PM PST

There are WAY too many for me to say.....  My Rogue Epic quest is probably one of them most memorable.  I was disappointed, though, that it didn't use as many "Rogue specific skills" than it did.

• 153 posts
    February 25, 2018 7:53 AM PST

I've had too many good times as well, some being a horrible human being, some being a hero....the ones that pop out the most was finally finding my niche as a ranger, duoing named in Bastion of Thunder, and my all time favorite was using dispel to the top guild on the servers enchanter/pally duo when they attempted to steal my parties named mob XD, great times, great friends made!

• 769 posts
    February 26, 2018 12:03 PM PST

Like the OP, I didn't have much playtime (and a baaaaad computer), so never got past 46. The things I remember weren't epic quests, or raids. They were just "wooooow that's coooool", things. 

The time I was at the Guk entrance for the first time, scared to go any deeper. Seeing a mob that conned red to me walk up and beat on a wizard that was just sitting there and medding. Watching the wizard, very calmly, turn around and blow that mob up with one spell before sitting back down. Somthing about that ineraction stuck with me. 

Favorite VG moments consisted of going to lesser explored dungeons just to explore and to help fill in the Wiki page. For a game as old as it was, everything always felt so new. 

• 39 posts
    March 2, 2018 7:42 AM PST

• 15 posts
    March 3, 2018 4:40 AM PST

Tralyan said:

Like the OP, I didn't have much playtime (and a baaaaad computer), so never got past 46. The things I remember weren't epic quests, or raids. They were just "wooooow that's coooool", things. 

The time I was at the Guk entrance for the first time, scared to go any deeper. Seeing a mob that conned red to me walk up and beat on a wizard that was just sitting there and medding. Watching the wizard, very calmly, turn around and blow that mob up with one spell before sitting back down. Somthing about that ineraction stuck with me. 

Favorite VG moments consisted of going to lesser explored dungeons just to explore and to help fill in the Wiki page. For a game as old as it was, everything always felt so new. 

I know what you mean about bad computer. I just had my first child and money was tight, i was on DSL and used to go LD at least once in every 6 hour session and never could have the graphics quality very high. I always wished I could have at least had the particle effects turned on!

• 7 posts
    March 9, 2018 11:52 AM PST

The time outbox in Queynos. I was a 12 year old kid and people were training me and taking my mobs in mid fight in Highkeep. Much arguments, many deaths from all parties involved. The good old GREEN TEXT name pops in and intervenes. I was probably being the most beligerent because I was out numbered and was the first accosted so the GM took exception to me because I argued with him. He said "you need a timeout"  "loading please wait" I popped up in Queynos sewers or some odd name in Queynos. It was a room with 4 walls and no way out. The GM sat in there with me and had some discussion with me to calm me down and get a better understanding of what all occured. I was in there for about an hour or 2 conversing with the GM before he put me back in Highkeep. At that time the instigators had left and I was free to pick up what I was doing before the whole sitution occured. No idea why that memory stuck with me. It was unique because I still remember asking everyone I meet who played EQ about the time out box in Queynos. Almost no one ever entered that in game jail lol.