Forums » The Druid

What race?

• 795 posts
    January 23, 2018 8:29 AM PST

Just wondering what the druid race thoughts of the people going to main a druid. I am torn on Dark Myr, but will probably be one because an aquatic spiteful druid sounds fun. I want to be Dark Myr, but I have a feeling that they are going to be like the Iskar on EQ where everyone hates them lol. I don't know if it would be a good starting race in a game you are unfamiliar with because you might end up dying alot more and finding that one merchant in a zone that doesn't want to kill you. Also, depending on where you are,  finding a bank might be a pain so you would have to sacrafice some loot.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the races that druids can be and what one are you leaning towards?

• 517 posts
    January 23, 2018 9:32 AM PST

I'm intrigued by the ogre druid.   I think there's immense RP value there and some lore that's worth exploring.

Generally, I avoid large races as they feel slow when travelling and they can be awkward in dungeons with low ceilings.  If druid ogres can shrink, then I'd say I'm on board for sure.

• 795 posts
    January 23, 2018 9:50 AM PST

Yea i was looking at the ogre druid also. I think it is a close second for me. I think if pantheon does well with making underwater zones and dungeons then Dark Myr might be better.

Also, with SOW and Druids being travel masters Ogre might not feel soo slow in the end, but I can see getting stuck in small areas being a pain.

• 2484 posts
    January 23, 2018 10:15 AM PST

Currently torn between Ogre and Halfling, need to see more of each race later on to pick. If progeny lets you pick locked races then I'll progeny a Skar Druid. 

• 749 posts
    January 23, 2018 1:33 PM PST

At this point, Druid is not a class I'm considering as my main (who knows once we get full class descriptions though - anything is possible).  That said, I'm sort of intrigued by an Archai Druid alt and the possible synergies associated with elemental Druidic magics and the Archais' natural connection and affinity to the elements.  Seems like a pretty cool fit, if not a bit "min-maxy".

• 4338 posts
    January 23, 2018 5:23 PM PST

Halfling. I always liked the thought of a Tolkien-esque halfling/hobbit that was a gardener or treehugger, but it gets even better and is so much more than that with Pantheon's halflings:

"Halflings in Pantheon aren't inspired by nature, they literally are nature..." (See http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_october_how_halflings_happened/ )

So it seems like an obvious choice for me :)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 23, 2018 5:24 PM PST
    • 1660 posts
    January 23, 2018 11:30 PM PST

Ogre druids, and at some extent, Dark myr druids, both sounds really odd to me.

I bet the druid will be quite different in lore than what we are used to, as evil races never had acces to druid in EQ.

• 4338 posts
    January 24, 2018 3:38 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

I bet the druid will be quite different in lore than what we are used to, as evil races never had acces to druid in EQ.

I bet you're right:

"Our Druids are about the cycles of nature, the dance between predator and prey. Their powers draw from the forces of nature, like Lightning, Earthquakes, Wildfires, as well as the restorative and transformative sides of Nature. Think of them less as paragons of peace and some ideal of what Nature could or should be, and rather as reflecting what Nature is. Ogres fit this space as the wolf in the weeds."

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations/view/page/1 ;)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 24, 2018 3:38 AM PST
    • 795 posts
    January 24, 2018 7:35 AM PST

Yea, I am not sure anymore what the druid will be. I just like the idea of an evil...I guess more predator angle on druid. Hopefully they don't become useless like most MMO's

• 1660 posts
    January 24, 2018 8:30 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

MauvaisOeil said:

I bet you're right:

"Our Druids are about the cycles of nature, the dance between predator and prey. Their powers draw from the forces of nature, like Lightning, Earthquakes, Wildfires, as well as the restorative and transformative sides of Nature. Think of them less as paragons of peace and some ideal of what Nature could or should be, and rather as reflecting what Nature is. Ogres fit this space as the wolf in the weeds."

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations/view/page/1 ;)

I look forward to a question not answered by bazgrim :P.

• 795 posts
    January 24, 2018 12:15 PM PST

Hahaha thats funny. Would be the day.

• 400 posts
    July 24, 2018 7:04 PM PDT

Halflings and Wood Elves in EQ had the largest wisdom pools and were typically favored which made sense. They were the two races most in tune with nature.  I will definitely be playing a Halfling  :D

• 240 posts
    July 24, 2018 8:05 PM PDT

I can't say anything for sure until I see the racial passives, but right now I'm leaning toward Halfling or Archai. Archai are cool because they're different, and Halflings...well, they're just cool because they're cool. :)

• 16 posts
    August 23, 2018 7:46 PM PDT

I'm still debating whether or not I want to roll a Druid after watching the live stream footage from PA4. If so, I would probably go with Dark Myr personally, but I would agree that Halfling would make the most sense lorewise.

The race itself has always intrigued me and will likely end up being one of my alts (Elf Summoner probably being my main at this point), but yeah, I feel like it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that Dark Myr can be Druids, especially if VR doesn't end up redesigning the Fox pet to match your race. I mean can you imagine the super-xenophobic Dark Myr making a spirit pact deal with a Halfling like that?

This post was edited by jfrombaugh at February 28, 2019 2:38 PM PST
    • 256 posts
    August 24, 2018 2:18 AM PDT

Dark Myr. I might roll a Halfling eventually, just to see the differences. But, the Dark Myr intrigue my black Dark Elf heart. (And I had a Dark Elf Druid (Warden) in EQ2. They never went into racial details about the evil races having such nature-oriented classes, so I made up my own. She used her hatred to twist nature to her will.)

• 281 posts
    August 24, 2018 8:59 PM PDT

I'm also going Halfling, ahh nostalgia.

This post was edited by Rominian at September 24, 2018 11:27 AM PDT
    • 156 posts
    August 24, 2018 9:58 PM PDT

If I play a druid, halfling would be the choice for me.

• 23 posts
    September 16, 2018 12:46 PM PDT

For me the choice is Ogre or Dark Myr, mainly because they are evil races. From a roleplay point of view i think these can be played very differently. I see the Ogre embracing the more destructive side, being more primative in there methods and following natures lead, almost controlled by nature. While the Dark Myr use there skills and cunning to try and manipulate nature for there own means.

However, a racial trait/stat reveal will give more food for thought and be important information for my decision. Any change to masae's fox, it might happen, will also ne a big factor in my choice.

• 705 posts
    September 17, 2018 8:31 PM PDT

It will absolutely depend on the race's abilities for me and if they synergize well.  Not to say I'm a min-maxer, but I don't like punishing myself either.  i.e. Gnome warriors may have been cool/fun to RP in EQ but were sub-par compared to the Ogre.  I'm not terribly concerned with a starting faction that differs from a lot of other areas because I have faith that if there is a race that is hated as bad as the Iksar in EQ that the areas that the race is welcomed in will likely be self sustaining for quite a while.  I would however recommend playing a caster if you start as a race with harsh faction hits, as it will likely be very difficult to navigate anywhere solo as say a Dark Myr Warrior if their faction is similar to EQ Iksar.  Of course this is all speculation.

With all of that said, if Dark Myr's racial traits are counterintuitive to playing the Druid, like bonus to dodge and resistant to snares (because they're slippery :p) then I may go with a different class altogether.  

I'm so curious as to what they are planning for the races!

• Wig
    • 209 posts
    October 22, 2018 4:36 PM PDT
    I’ll need to see racial traits before making a decision. But possibly elf or halfling. Skar would be pretty sweet, but not available.
    • 10 posts
    August 15, 2019 7:50 AM PDT

I can't choose yet between Halfling or Dark Myr. Leaning toward Myr but still not sure. Might depend on the customizations available. 

• 5 posts
    August 24, 2019 7:59 AM PDT

All the classes are sounding great and although I lean towards Druid, I may end up maining a different class this time. Like others have said, I will need to see the racial traits and figure out what makes the most sense if I go Druid. That said, the idea of a Dark Myr Druid does intrigue me.

• 185 posts
    September 7, 2019 3:10 AM PDT

Probably Halfling.

My favorite races in this game so far are Gnomes and Halflings, and my favorite role is Healing, so it's really the only option.  XD

• 9 posts
    October 13, 2019 8:22 AM PDT

I tend to favor elves, but the halflings look really interesting in this game.  I could play either one, or both.  The halflings here remind me of the EQ wood elves.  Kelethin was always a great place to have a good time.  They had more bars than any other city in Norrath, and it was a lot more dangerous to drink there.  

• 352 posts
    October 15, 2019 3:24 AM PDT

If/when I'll alt druid I'll go either elf or halfling - i guess the racial abilities/passives will decide.