Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting Idea i had..

• 5 posts
    January 5, 2018 9:34 AM PST

hey guys, just a quick idea i had about the crafting system that i think would be nice, is to be able to craft different saddles per mount , as going along with another idea i had abouit Taming Mounts as well, having some type of system that you make your saddle, go out and find the mount you want and tame it via "food,items etc.. although itt wouldnt be easy to tame it'd definately have a different aspect going on that is different than buying from NPC's or a Marketplace(eq-daybreak station cash) and i dont think they;ve mentioned that they were gonna do that, this isnt a buy to win game and i love that fact.Having Mounts come at a Big Cost is Basically what this is suggesting, you may, or may not be able to tame the monster or have to kill it mid-tame but its 10x better than the buy to own aspect which can be done as well by buying from those that have already tamed.. 

Just an Idea, let me know what you guys think..

Vindain

• 422 posts
    January 5, 2018 10:29 AM PST

Like how Black Desert Oline handles mounts then, which I think is very fun.

• 5 posts
    January 5, 2018 10:31 AM PST
    No idea, never played that one.. might check it out !
    • 24 posts
    January 5, 2018 10:44 AM PST

I would see stables to sell low-mid game mounts, and the best mounts to be tamed by the player as you suggest. Stablehands aren't much of adventurers compared to the hero you are supposed to be so i think you're are supposed to be able to tame more exotic mounts by yourself.

• 2752 posts
    January 5, 2018 11:52 AM PST

I would see mounts be very expensive and/or rare. Expensive to buy and to own with required upkeep costs. 

I would like to see mounts able to wear equipment though. 

• 470 posts
    January 5, 2018 2:32 PM PST

Iksar said:

I would see mounts be very expensive and/or rare. Expensive to buy and to own with required upkeep costs. 

I would like to see mounts able to wear equipment though. 

I could think of at least one look. :)

• 105 posts
    January 7, 2018 5:22 PM PST

I don't think mounts in general should be overly rare, the standard ones should be achievable by all but the rare ones should be just that, rare and difficult to obtain!

If you can pop out, tame and mount anything then everyone will end up riding about on elephants or emu's or something daft which I don't think anyone wants to see...