Forums » Pantheon Classes

Stat-gated or Race-specific items?

• 5 posts
    December 17, 2017 1:47 PM PST

Has there been any discussion on items requiring a minimun stat value to use?  For example, a dagger or bow requiring a minimum Dexterity to use, or armor requiring a minimum Strength to equip to prevent encumberence.

Has there been any discussion on race specific items?

• 633 posts
    December 17, 2017 7:46 PM PST

I have seen nothing about stat limited items, but I believe there has been discussion about race limited items.

• 5 posts
    December 18, 2017 8:12 AM PST

I'm sure there will be item limits but it sounds like most of that is still up in the air. Weather it be Race/Class/Level/Skill required (IE. certain Sword might not be useable until you have say.. skill +50 in 1h Slashing)

• 74 posts
    December 18, 2017 4:23 PM PST

Stat limitations on items are part of the old style of RPG's that are gone.. things like that are fun, and engaging --- having to balance your character with the proper attributes.

• 2752 posts
    December 19, 2017 10:23 AM PST

Pretty sure that for the most part there won't be requirements to equip items aside from class/race limitations. 

• 258 posts
    December 21, 2017 9:35 PM PST

Iksar said:

Pretty sure that for the most part there won't be requirements to equip items aside from class/race limitations. 

This, I hope... Twinking was one of my favorite things about EQ. You start putting stat or skill restrictions on gear and twinking goes out the window. Blargh to that, I say.

• 2886 posts
    December 22, 2017 3:24 AM PST

From the FAQ:

13.12 Are items going to have level or stat requirements and what do you think about twinking?

In general, there will be no hard level limits. High-level items will scale down to prevent too much power in the hands of a low-level character. There will still be lots of reasons to trade in your items such as sacrificing them at temples for long term buffs, augmenting your items, etc. Over time, this will cause more powerful items to trickle down. It is, however, our responsibility to stay ahead of that curve by introducing new content with better items to drop and craft. It’s more difficult to design properly, but we feel it creates a much more vibrant and open player driven economy.

• 258 posts
    December 22, 2017 8:08 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

From the FAQ:

13.12 Are items going to have level or stat requirements and what do you think about twinking?

In general, there will be no hard level limits. High-level items will scale down to prevent too much power in the hands of a low-level character. There will still be lots of reasons to trade in your items such as sacrificing them at temples for long term buffs, augmenting your items, etc. Over time, this will cause more powerful items to trickle down. It is, however, our responsibility to stay ahead of that curve by introducing new content with better items to drop and craft. It’s more difficult to design properly, but we feel it creates a much more vibrant and open player driven economy.

Thanks for this! I really should go back and reread some stuff.

On a side note, I love the idea of sacrificing items at temples for buffs. That's a really cool idea.