Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What If You Had 1 Hour?

• 1785 posts
    December 11, 2017 8:37 AM PST

For one hour?  Pick a road and see where it leads :)

• 98 posts
    December 11, 2017 9:18 AM PST

Figure out how to move, then climb things and emote on the highest thing I can find. Will also run through all the emote animations.

• 9 posts
    December 11, 2017 10:20 AM PST

If I only had one hour... 

I would make a character very quickly and set to exploring what I could of zones. I'd just like to see the landscapes, the towns, whatever was available and try to climb to the highest point I could to get a better view and take some screenshots/video for the memory.  :)

• 7 posts
    December 11, 2017 10:25 AM PST

Explore, gather resources, and craft

• 19 posts
    December 11, 2017 12:05 PM PST

I would try to get to the highest point on the map, zone, or area where I started.

• 4 posts
    December 11, 2017 12:22 PM PST

I would wander around and listen to NPCs. One of my favorite phrases from way back when was "might I have some coppers please?"

• 126 posts
    December 11, 2017 12:52 PM PST

Depends... is this pre-launch, just before launch or after? PRE-launch, I'd make a toon and just look around. Just before, would chose my main and get her just right, log her in and introduce her to the world!

After? Well, I've been stuck on the EQ servers all by myself once - that was weird! I hit a zone just right as the servers crashed and finished zoning as they came up, or something...never really figured it out, but there were no mobs, no NPCs, no nada! THAT was spooky! But if you mean, by myself with no group or anything, then it would depend on my mood. Either wander, craft or look for materials and such.

• 2 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:29 PM PST

I was on Nameless server in Everquest when it first came out.  We had GM events where a bunch of us decided to run naked as far as we could within a specific time through high lvl areas with high lvl mobs.We died many times and the winner won a prize .. some kind of rare gear. We did lots of those GM generated things back then. It was great fun! I still like to adventure as far as I can as a newb in new games, going places first and seeing areas that I otherwise wouldnt be able to until higher lvls.  

Another fun thing was corpse art. Die repeatedly and pull the corpses around to make a word or picture. Ppl got real creative  and it was super funny! lol  GM's also awarded prizes for this. Just a couple of things I would do....

This post was edited by Romel at December 11, 2017 1:31 PM PST
    • 557 posts
    December 11, 2017 1:53 PM PST

I believe this is Kilsin's way of introducing the new playable race in Pantheon.

Look for updates on the web site.

Given an hour to live, I'd definitely play a Druid fruitfly and head for the nearest mountain top so I could spend my final minutes looking out over the beautiful landscape.

• 160 posts
    December 11, 2017 3:27 PM PST

If you made the game right(for my tastes), it would take me an hour to find my class guildmaster.

• 2138 posts
    December 11, 2017 4:43 PM PST

Zaztur said:

For just a hour? Id move through a few races to look at some of the starting cities.

Jim

Me too!- and I would try to make it "outside" and maybe try to fight a snake.

side note, I hope there is something like the "hail" mess-up where you would hail and get killed- heh. I looked over the logs wondfering why my own people would randomly attack me! and then i realized, I attacked them.

• 264 posts
    December 11, 2017 5:00 PM PST

I think I would go to the Wizard Trainer and Vendors. I would look at all of the spells that will be available. After that I would try to Ding one time and then try to find a perception Item or  quest nearby.

Or,  I might just just run off,  like a Wild Dog getting out of the backyard gate. 

• 1281 posts
    December 11, 2017 5:35 PM PST

Kilsin said:

If you got to run around on the Pantheon server for 1 hour all by yourself, what is the first thing that you would do? #PRF #communitymatters

Explore as much as I could.

• 281 posts
    December 11, 2017 5:38 PM PST

Like others, I would explore as much as I could.  I'd look for the deepest, deadliest areas.  Check out the fight mechanics, etc.

• 7 posts
    December 11, 2017 6:31 PM PST

Maybe it's just me, but i read this as "What would you do if months after launch on a random Tuesday you only had 1 hour to play solo?" and not as "what would you do if we gave you a one hour access pass to play the game right now?" 

This post was edited by GrumpyNPC at December 11, 2017 6:33 PM PST
    • 644 posts
    December 11, 2017 7:16 PM PST

I would run around :

• working on solo aspects of long quests (liek epics, or class-specific stuff)
    • collecting spells 
    • shopping for merchant gear
    • selling stuff to other players
    • tradeskilling
    • preparing and traveling for my next group adventure location

• 15 posts
    December 11, 2017 8:07 PM PST

Akailo said:

check every single ability and ability name i could. yes im serious.

Agreed, I need to find out how I will have the most fun!

• 109 posts
    December 11, 2017 8:28 PM PST

I would make a characters in 12 seconds and spend 59 minutes trying to find out just how much of this game is done. 

Maybe have some idea if this game is going to happen before 2027 ... we've seen 5-6 'cherry picked' areas in streams. 

What condition is the REST of the game in? Going by the World Map, there are TWO continents, everything we've seen is from ONE continent. 

Are we at 50% of ONE continent being "complete" and continent TWO is 1% done? 

TL;DR try to figure out if this game is 5% done or 75% done..... 2019 or 2025?.... 

• 220 posts
    December 11, 2017 8:48 PM PST

How do you run "on" a cloud based server? It has no physical dimensions...right? I sure wish I could exercise in the cloud until I dropped 20 lbs...

• 624 posts
    December 11, 2017 9:19 PM PST

Larr - could you lose the 20 in just one hour? Even on a cloud?

• 17 posts
    December 11, 2017 9:46 PM PST

I'm with the pick a direction and run crowd.  I'll see how far I can get (survive) before the hour ends.

• 9 posts
    December 12, 2017 1:38 AM PST

Like many other posters, I'd probably just run around and explore to the best of my ability. Get a feel for the world and what the best ways to navigate it might be. If I had time, maybe try to find my way to the next city without dying. I remember how cool it was when I found my way from Ak'anon to Kelethin the first time.

• 1281 posts
    December 12, 2017 5:30 AM PST

Larr said:

How do you run "on" a cloud based server? It has no physical dimensions...right? I sure wish I could exercise in the cloud until I dropped 20 lbs...

"The cloud"....  A synonym for "someone else's computers...."

• 1095 posts
    December 12, 2017 7:11 AM PST

Kilsin said:

If you got to run around on the Pantheon server for 1 hour all by yourself, what is the first thing that you would do? #PRF #communitymatters

Well run around lol, but prolly head for the coast and then follow it.

• 801 posts
    December 12, 2017 7:48 AM PST

I would like to explore, and check out the classes.