Forums » Pantheon Classes

Who is the 2h dps class?

• 8 posts
    May 2, 2018 8:44 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

My big fear is "will they make the ranger a pet class", as I have nothing against pets but I really don't want to see the ranger beeing some kind of wow hunter. There are enough pet classes incoming (summoner and necromancer), and since warriors will probably not be able to be frontline DPS, I would really love to see the ranger as a versatile arsinal melee DPS, where the rogue is tied to concealment and trickery, and the monk a focused mind into body perfection.

While I didn't really enjoy the berzerker in EQ1, simply because it was only a flurry skill with some expensive hatchet throws (and I've seen a lot of zerk tanking XP groups where Rangers or monks couldn't), I can understand that the offensive warrior archetype might be missing if the warrior ends up beeing tied to a shield and a low DPS.

I was reading something in the ranger forums and some one was saying that they could make the ranger use a bow outside and use melee inside.

I agree I don't like to use pets. The Shaman has been shown to have a pet in a stream before to add to the pet class check box. And if we don't get a 2H melee DPS out of the gates I bet they will add something like a barbaren. I really want to make one like Conan the Barbarian. To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women. For those are truly the best things in life.

• 76 posts
    May 17, 2018 11:34 AM PDT

I’ve always viewed two handed weapons as more of a burst and not a long sustained attack.

Reason being is it would be heavier and take more endurance than wielding two weapons (per say both being daggers or less than the equivalent of the large two handed).

Although rogues would be able to have the sustain with fast dagger attacks with the occasional burst of a backstab, I feel two handed weapons are made to do a lot of damage in a short period of time rather than in the long run for let’s say a boss with a lot of hp.

This post was edited by eldrun at May 17, 2018 11:46 AM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    May 17, 2018 2:54 PM PDT

Now the question is opened again : There seems to be pretty much no 2hander melee DPS class, with the ranger beeing tied to dual wielding and bows/crossbows.

While I enjoyed the idea of a ranger with a two handed sword, I think I will survive to this information, but that opens some possibilities for thoses hoping for a future "Berserker" like class.

• 153 posts
    July 29, 2018 6:00 PM PDT

It would be fun to see this as in wow it was truly a blast, but I hope it doesnt happen, reasons being it does dilute the tank role, it also makes other classes expect the same treatment which eventually dilutes the class pool altogether, IMO if you want to play a dps class, play a given dps class, if you want to tank play a tanking class, and if you want to heal play a healing class, its just the type of game this is or should be at least i hope most people are expecting what im expecting, and further more if thats the game you do want there are plenty of them already out there.

• 11 posts
    August 6, 2018 4:58 PM PDT
    After watching the Dire Lord stream it looks like they will fill the 2h damage role with their non threat amplifying stances. I doubt they will do competitive dps as self healing plus good damage and defensive cooldowns would make them the ultimate melee class.