Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Everquest Beta

• 22 posts
    October 19, 2017 1:06 AM PDT

Ok, for anyone in their 30's or above (Probably quite a few of us!)!! What is your fondest memory of EQ beta?

I will kick it off.  I was part of a guild called "The Association of Adventurers".  - Side note, is Mills on here by chance?? -  I made a troll and started in Innothule Swamp.  I probably spent about 4 or 5 days there, loving life.  I get a tell from another guildie asking how I was doing and if I wanted to explore?  I said yeah of course lets go.  What followed next, stayed with me forever!  Innothule, Oasis, The Tunnel, it all blew my mind!  The place was massive and I actually saw other players.  For me, this was huge.  I had no idea that a game could be so big.  That started day after day of grouping with guildies and just having a blast.  

Those first few steps into the big world of EQ, priceless!

• 3016 posts
    October 19, 2017 1:14 AM PDT

I spent a lot of time as a newbie, dying to orc centurions in Greater Faydark,  then having lots of people message me that they had found one of my corpses.  hehe  LEARNING CURVE! :)  

• 557 posts
    October 19, 2017 3:36 AM PDT

Alas, I started playing EQ about a month after launch.  Think I was in just about every SOE beta after that though and alpha on Vanguard.

• 1120 posts
    October 20, 2017 5:08 PM PDT

I was lost in gfay for 3 days trying to find crushbone.  Almost quit because of it. 

• 17 posts
    October 21, 2017 12:09 AM PDT

The day I murdered Holly Windstalker.

• 511 posts
    October 23, 2017 9:14 PM PDT

My Dad (50'ish?) and Brother (12) had already been in game playing in Beta. I was busy with a school (15) project so didn't get in until the weekend. I looked at all the races and thought that the Euridites Chanter looked nice so rolled one up. After I was level 3? My dad told me to come group with him and my brother in blackburrow. After figuring how to get there (think it took me the better part of a saturday morning) I made my way over to blackburrow. We killed some Kobolds, got some loot and I was doing pretty good I thought. I then ran over the "well" fell in and died to the paranahas. 

Another group tried to help my dad and brother kill them and get my corpse. even with about 10 people trying and a few more deaths no one could get my corpse. I not knowing about bind had the option of running back naked and knowing my corpse was just right there but not able to get it, or reroll a human in Qeynos. Needless to say I rerolled and never played another Euridite lol!

• 126 posts
    November 4, 2017 4:19 PM PDT

I never heard of EQ til just after it launched.  I was in a guild playing Diablo online when a few of them said they were gonna try it out and asked if others wanted to join them.  I then played it til the end of PoP when my guild (I joined TMO just after Kunark) stopped playing.