Forums » News and Announcements

Another Pantheon stream with CohhCarnage!

• 207 posts
    September 29, 2017 7:18 PM PDT
    Just finished watching the stream.....the game is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I'm getting more and more excited about this game, I can see myself spending hours getting lost and exploring the beauty of the world. Gonna have to make sure I have a pc up to snuff to run it at top specs!
    • 2138 posts
    September 29, 2017 8:33 PM PDT

Wow!

I just saw it, it looks really good. I wanted to scrub the ogres spine-divot it looked so real. When you guys were on the tower- by kilsin just standing on the edge made me tense. I wanted to tel him to get back - lol

The clouds are more than I expected. (can you program quest/lore/event related shapes in the clouds? so if I look up in the sky during the blood moon and see the shape of a wolvens head I know that its a harbinger for somehting something, or like the vision from the priest in the first season of Vikings.)

I see what you mean by the water shading- again more than I expected and everythig looks so much more organic- the rocks looked really good.

And the cave! I remember the cave! Initially a screenshot of that bridge kilsin was able to give, it was good then- its great now! just looking up at the crystals and the dark upon dark shadows of the ratkin monsters.

AND I heard very soon. So does that mean instead of soon the soon-ness is now shorter to "very soon"?

This post was edited by Manouk at September 29, 2017 8:33 PM PDT
    • 39 posts
    September 29, 2017 9:04 PM PDT

It means Soon ™ ™

• 724 posts
    September 29, 2017 9:53 PM PDT

Was watching the stream yesterday, and was very happy with what I saw. The world looks just so beatiful now! The fog on the hill, that atmosphere area, the crystals in the cave...I wish I had more thumbs to put up. Want to see more, and soooooon please :)

• 267 posts
    September 29, 2017 9:58 PM PDT

Awesome stream today (yesturday). I just caught it on Youtube. Everything looks amazing and you can clearly see the progress. I'm also happy to see you brought us down on the dock in this area

Image may contain: mountain, tree, grass, outdoor and nature

to see the water farm first hand. The area looks great, but can we loose the waterwheel. Its not a stream and has no current so its not being powered by anything (unless you're planning to have the mill use a spring to dump water on the wheel to make it move or something.. in which case continue!). I know its a minor gripe over nothing but to me this is like putting a ice cream stand next to a forge. You could do it but it just looks out of place.

• 511 posts
    September 29, 2017 10:02 PM PDT

Keldaria said:

The area looks great, but can we loose the waterwheel. Its not a stream and has no current so its not being powered by anything (unless you're planning to have the mill use a spring to dump water on the wheel to make it move or something.. in which case continue!). I know its a minor gripe over nothing but to me this is like putting a ice cream stand next to a forge. You could do it but it just looks out of place.

Lol totally did not notice this until you said it but you are so right!

• 28 posts
    September 29, 2017 10:29 PM PDT

Thank you so much for the time and energy that went into this! One of my favourite updates thus far. I loved the technical breakdown. I noticed Cohh might've misunderstood the concept of the distance-shadow system, but I was able to understand pretty well and was thoroughly impressed with the work you've done so far! It was repeatedly iterated, much of this was just the "first pass" -- I can't wait to see what comes next!

• 35 posts
    September 29, 2017 11:54 PM PDT
    Good job people! Thank you for showing us the beauty of Pantheon. I might also need a new PC…
    • 37 posts
    September 30, 2017 2:53 AM PDT

Great stream! Loved the detail. WTB ALPHA PST.

• 627 posts
    September 30, 2017 6:56 AM PDT

Great stream! enjoyed every sekund of it! 

Cant wait for more info about the Alpha testing <3

• 159 posts
    September 30, 2017 7:10 AM PDT

I was extremely impressed with the graphics, especially the view distance. I remember one of my gripes with the TotRM stream was that the landscape in the distance looked kind of... not good :p I'm pretty sure from what we saw yesterday that this is no longer the case, but I'd love to see new screenshots from the balcony at the tower!

• 10 posts
    September 30, 2017 10:17 AM PDT

I just upgraded to pre alpha access tier.

Will we be allowed to stream pre alpha gameplay?

nevermind just saw the NDA info on the pledges page. fine by me! :)

This post was edited by Sefax at September 30, 2017 10:21 AM PDT
    • 11 posts
    September 30, 2017 10:18 AM PDT

Question. Is the game going to have a soft cap of 60 FPS? Or is that implimented for testing? The stream seemed to suggest there will be one.

• 186 posts
    September 30, 2017 10:35 AM PDT

Absolultely stunning! Love the direction you guys are taking your game, can't wait :D that was inspiring, great work @Bruno!

• 624 posts
    September 30, 2017 12:45 PM PDT

Bravo Bruno, marvelous 'first pass'.  Amazing work, much appreciated.  Thank you for sharing several vistas and describing the fascinating  details. It was a treat watching Cohh look around carefully (he did a great job of "touring" each scene) while Kilsin blasted poor defenseless critters for 1000000000, danced, swam about, climbed on rocks and, of course, jumped off really, REALLY high places.

• 470 posts
    September 30, 2017 4:38 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Bravo Bruno, marvelous 'first pass'.  Amazing work, much appreciated.  Thank you for sharing several vistas and describing the fascinating  details. It was a treat watching Cohh look around carefully (he did a great job of "touring" each scene) while Kilsin blasted poor defenseless critters for 1000000000, danced, swam about, climbed on rocks and, of course, jumped off really, REALLY high places.

True enough. Amazing what a little lighting and shadows can do for a setting.

• 1281 posts
    September 30, 2017 7:09 PM PDT

The game is looking really good. I'm glad that an emphisis is being put on performance as well.

• 8 posts
    October 1, 2017 7:20 PM PDT

very nice game! can't wait to see the next video already. so glad to have backed this game.

• 249 posts
    October 1, 2017 9:43 PM PDT
    Lovedddd the cave and the very first area. The trees had a fantastic 3d feel with a sense of scale! I think forests will be one of my favorite places if they all have that same feel! The cave felt alive and mysterious. Loved it! Really does feel like the world is coming alive.

P.s. I can almost hear the skeletons laughing around that obelisk at night! It would be awesome to see that area at night!!
    • 201 posts
    October 1, 2017 9:45 PM PDT

A really good stream, Was looking forward to seeing the art-work development and was not dissapointed! XD

Great work everyone!

• 11 posts
    October 2, 2017 4:00 AM PDT

Brenvia and I just got back from a family reunion in cabins by a river.  We watched the stream as many times as family permitted on our smaller devices over the weekend and watched it again on the 'big screen' when we got home. 

Comparing the trees, water and clouds in Pantheon to some of the pictures I took of our trip was amazing and awe-inspiring!  The lighting and colors are spot-on! 

I hope we get the emote to lie down so my character can occasionally find a hammock somewhere safe (no spiders!) and just enjoy the world.  It truly looks idyllic from the stream.

• 2886 posts
    October 2, 2017 9:30 AM PDT

Great stream! A lot packed into a short period of time. Certainly exceeded my expectations. My recap is available to read here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6993/bazgrim-s-09-29-17-stream-recap-art-tech

This post was edited by Bazgrim at October 2, 2017 9:30 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    October 2, 2017 9:33 AM PDT

pre alpha 1 soon woot.. now to get a 34 inch screen 144hz gsync to play this game and eat noodles for 2 months decisions.. hmm

This post was edited by spaceinvader at October 2, 2017 9:35 AM PDT
    • 278 posts
    October 2, 2017 11:36 AM PDT

Smallchange said:

Question. Is the game going to have a soft cap of 60 FPS? Or is that implimented for testing? The stream seemed to suggest there will be one.

Note this is pre pre alpha code its FAR from done so we cant know but as ther is now no gpu that can manage a 4k +60fps now anyhow unless you  go multigpu , but Kilsin has said that VR is not setting limits if the engine can support it. But there may be limits under testing period but for released game its should not be any. 

• 175 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:09 PM PDT

Grizzly said:

Smallchange said:

Note this is pre pre alpha code its FAR from done so we cant know but as ther is now no gpu that can manage a 4k +60fps now anyhow unless you  go multigpu , but Kilsin has said that VR is not setting limits if the engine can support it. But there may be limits under testing period but for released game its should not be any. 

May have been a limit specifically for this demo too. I know at least a few on the team have the monitors/systems to handle more, so unless it's a Unity limitation I would be surprised if it is there come release.