Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting In Pantheon

• 118 posts
    March 5, 2015 1:08 PM PST
    Gargantor said:

I would like to see a crafting system that allows for group crafting and even raid crafting.  By this I mean in order to craft dungeon-level or raid-level gear, you need to "team up" in real time with other crafters from different disciplines, maybe at a specific crafting station in a hard-to-reach or dangerous location, and then start crafting.  Group composition would depend on the item being attempted.  So if your group is attempting to make a magical breastplate you might need 2 Armor Smiths, 1 Leatherworker, 1 Enchanter and 2 Miscellaneous slots.  There would be higher risk involved with these types of endeavors too, such as the loss of materials, the loss of crafting experience, the creation of an inferior item, outright failure or possibly all of the above.  

What I do like here is the idea of crafting stations in dungeons.  Sauron required the fires of Mount Doom in order to Craft the One Ring.  If a crafting process required some time, you would need your group to keep the mobs off of you while you were working.

This post was edited by CelevinMoongleam at March 5, 2015 1:08 PM PST
    • 133 posts
    March 5, 2015 1:33 PM PST
    CelevinMoongleam said:
    Gargantor said:

I would like to see a crafting system that allows for group crafting and even raid crafting.  By this I mean in order to craft dungeon-level or raid-level gear, you need to "team up" in real time with other crafters from different disciplines, maybe at a specific crafting station in a hard-to-reach or dangerous location, and then start crafting.  Group composition would depend on the item being attempted.  So if your group is attempting to make a magical breastplate you might need 2 Armor Smiths, 1 Leatherworker, 1 Enchanter and 2 Miscellaneous slots.  There would be higher risk involved with these types of endeavors too, such as the loss of materials, the loss of crafting experience, the creation of an inferior item, outright failure or possibly all of the above.  

What I do like here is the idea of crafting stations in dungeons.  Sauron required the fires of Mount Doom in order to Craft the One Ring.  If a crafting process required some time, you would need your group to keep the mobs off of you while you were working.

One of the raids in Vanguard's raid dungeon Ancient Port Wharehouse actually required crafters to take part, crafting DURING the raid.

• 118 posts
    March 5, 2015 4:19 PM PST
    Gawd said:

my entire point is why does the metal need to be enchanted with a spell? why cant it be enchanted by infusing it with a magical core dropped from a monster? why cant it be enchanted by pouring a potion made by a brewer or alchemist? and you keep going on and on about lore this and lore that, i havent seen anything about Pantheon lore that supports "only gnomes can tinker" or "only enchanters can Jewelcraft"

PS i did have a Gnome Enchanter named Stoopid Kraffter (but i hated having to level him up, God i hated playing Enc) also had a shaman for alchemy, but i liked the shaman.

Also if we look at who is leading this project and look at the last crafting system on one of his projects (VG crafting) i think brad will make crafting interesting when the team gets around to it.

You say you hated it, and yet you still did it?  Nobody holding a gun to your head, yet you still chose to spend your time that way?  You couldn't have really hated it, seeing that you still chose to do it of your own free will.  If you did hate it; please explain why you spent so much time doing something that you hate.  You remind me of a younger version of myself yelling, "I HATE THIS GAME!" at the TV after 6 hours of failing to beat Ninja Gaiden.  I didn't really hate it, but I thought I did.  Since I did eventually beat it, I am kinda glad that it was so hard.  It only makes those bragging rights that much more valuable.  Perhaps you are not the masochist that I am, and that is OK.  I won't respect you any less for it.  If you have an argument that amounts to more than, "Because that's the way I want it," I would like to hear it.

Perhaps naming your enchanter, "Stoopid Kraffter," became a self fulfilling prophecy of the experience that you had with that character.  Your account of that experience is giving me micro-fits of mirth.  The name of the character itself was a constant advertisement of your feelings on the matter to the others on your server.  I'll give you points for thinking to hit two birds with one stone by making your enchanter a Gnome.  For some reason, that never occurred to me.

Edit:  typos

This post was edited by CelevinMoongleam at March 5, 2015 4:25 PM PST
    • 118 posts
    March 5, 2015 4:21 PM PST
    Exmortis said:

One of the raids in Vanguard's raid dungeon Ancient Port Wharehouse actually required crafters to take part, crafting DURING the raid.

That is awesome Exmortis.  You are making me jealous that I missed out on VG.

Edit: formatting

This post was edited by CelevinMoongleam at March 5, 2015 4:24 PM PST