Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Profession Names

• 174 posts
    July 5, 2017 9:04 AM PDT

Now that you've been working on crafting a bit do you have a basic list of profession names you would be willing to share with us future crafters?  It would be nice for them to have their own areas in the forums to foster discussion, but I can almost hear "that wii have to wait for the new forums"...  Why should adventurers get all the love?  Toss us a bone (and I just might use scrimshaw to make something beautiful!).

• 166 posts
    July 5, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

We already have some information, which professions were in the game.

"As far as what professions are concerned, we're considering the following as our professions: Alchemist, Blacksmith, Woodworker, Outfitter, Provisioner, Stonemason, and Scribe. "

This from the april newsletter: http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/crafting_and_harvesting/

For own subforums for the professions, I think it's to early, we don't have enought information about them, to do more than discussing speculations, what can be done in the general crafting subforum. But later, when we have more information, I hope we will see separate subforums :)

• 174 posts
    July 5, 2017 9:58 AM PDT

Well considering professions isn't quite the same as implementing them.  If Ceythos is indeed going with those professions I'd love to know.  Is there a possibility to add more, or is his plate full and at this point we can only affect change through pre-alpha testing and such?  What about specializations?  What about harvesting?  Will it be along the lines of Vanguard i.e. quarrying, reaping, lumberjacking etc.?  All adventuring classes have subforums regardless of whether they have been fully described to the members.  I'm not expecting subofrums until the new forums launch, but they would engender more discussion.

Crafting is at a bit of a disadvantage, when compared to adventuring, in that it got a late start, it wasn't even expected to be in a launch originally.  I'm just trying to stir up conversation.  One of the main reasons I donated was to have input into what the game became.  If crafting is so far along that change can now only be affected in testing that's fine.  Anyway I just thought I'd ask if there was any more tangible information available?

• 9115 posts
    July 6, 2017 4:32 AM PDT

Renamed thread to "Profession Names" as it is against forum guidelines to call out staff members my friend.

We are working on crafting and harvesting and as soon as we have more to share we will let you folks know, we don't hold onto info like this for long before we push it out to the community so stay tuned for more as soon as it is ready :)

• 174 posts
    July 6, 2017 7:17 AM PDT

I'll try jumping and waving my hands next time... :p  might want to tell him I'm getting a bit antsy for some crafting news though!  C-----s, like Voldemort, he who should not be named, got it. :p

• 9115 posts
    July 6, 2017 5:44 PM PDT

Chimerical said:

I'll try jumping and waving my hands next time... :p  might want to tell him I'm getting a bit antsy for some crafting news though!  C-----s, like Voldemort, he who should not be named, got it. :p

That is my job, to read, collect and pass on things like this my friend, which I have done, so no need to call out specific names or even me for that fact, just post your question, suggestion, thoughts etc. and I do the rest ;)

We will be releasing a bunch more on crafting and harvesting in the not too distant future and Corey and I are just as excited as you guys, if not more so, so know that we will release it as soon as it is ready but you may have to wait a little while longer :D