Forums » Crafting

Lack of global trading house/channel. thoughts?

• 21 posts
    June 21, 2017 11:36 PM PDT

I do like the concept of not having a global trade channel.  Looking back to EQ pre luclin was so much fun going to EC tunnel to do some trading inside the tunnel with everyone else.  (or greater faydark if your server was used it as the trade center).  That added such a community feel to the game and let you know right up front the "MM" in mmorpg was in full force.  Traveling to and from the zone led to new friends and trade contacts, frequent buyers, etc.   Always had a good time in the tunnel "window shopping" looking for new things as they were looted, crafted, or discovered

Really looking forward to crafting in the game as it is truely the thing that i'm addicted to in games like this.  I feel like raiding adds to your character or some of your guild, but crafting really effects so many people from your actions and work

• 474 posts
    June 22, 2017 9:17 AM PDT

I am glad they did not put in global channels. It just becomes jammed with spam and off-topic conversations.

I am fairly neutral on global auction houses. I completely support some kind of auction house as spending my limited play time standing in one spot selling stuff isn't fun. I'd rather the advertisement be handled by a system for that type of thing. As to the specifics of how that happens, it really doesn't make much difference for me personally.

The regional auction house approach will be interesting to see. I would love to see prices fluctuate by region and availability. It will be interesting to see how the community and economy react.

• 4336 posts
    June 22, 2017 9:42 AM PDT

The community has LOTS of thoughts about global auctions lol. It has been the single most hotly debated topic over the years. See these threads:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/search?query=auction&type=forum_topic&submit=

• 1635 posts