Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Harvesting Teams

• 511 posts
    April 19, 2017 4:07 AM PDT

Who else enjoyed VG's harvest system where you could harvest with other people and increase the yelds? I remember having harvest ngihts with the guild and gathering lots of trees (my specialty) for our crafters to make boats, guild hall improvements etc.

• 2886 posts
    April 19, 2017 4:19 AM PDT

Lumberjack raids! I'm in lol

• 1618 posts
    April 19, 2017 8:09 AM PDT

My last three guilds in EQ2 would do harvest raids weekly.  An officer would review the harvest storage bins and determine what we were low on. Then, we would split up into different zones,  1 group each. Harvest everything we could for an hour. The raiders kept the rares they found and the regular mats would go to guild storage for everyone to use. The raiders usually got a couple hours worth of DKP for it.

• 780 posts
    April 19, 2017 8:09 AM PDT

Landmark had this also.

EDIT:  The increased yield from harvesting in groups, that is.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at April 19, 2017 8:10 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    April 19, 2017 8:19 AM PDT

Vanguard had the best harvesting features I have ever played. Harvesting equipment made by crafters, group harvesting and more. I have every hope that Pantheon will build on this and be even better.

• 1584 posts
    April 19, 2017 8:20 AM PDT

This sounds like a lot of fun, maybe we will be able further down the road to make strongholds like we can in Neverwinter, but do it by actual gathering mats and not running around killing dragons for these vouchers they had, this is an interesting concept and i really like it.

• 422 posts
    April 19, 2017 9:33 AM PDT

I never got into Vanguard that deeply. I am kind of sad I didn't now. 

This sounds like an fantastic feature. This kind of group work might actually get me to invest in harvesting or crafting. I mean, the posabilities... imagin starting a Mining Company (guild) and becoming the premere miners on a server. Requiring all guild members to take mining as a harvesting skill and group harvest whenever they come across a node while adventuring. The roleplay and co-op that could stem from such is something I would absolutely LOVE to see.

• 9115 posts
    April 19, 2017 5:46 PM PDT

Dreconic said:

Who else enjoyed VG's harvest system where you could harvest with other people and increase the yelds? I remember having harvest ngihts with the guild and gathering lots of trees (my specialty) for our crafters to make boats, guild hall improvements etc.

VG's harvesting was a lot of fun and well done in my opinion, we used to do guild harvesting sessions to help get the rare mats for people's epics and spent more time than I care to admit harvesting, talking and laughing with guides while drinking beer and listening to music to get mats for my crafters, guild hall materials, outfitting the new guildies in decent starter gear and keeping the guild storage full, it was some of my best memories of crafting/harvesting. :)

• 1468 posts
    April 19, 2017 5:59 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Dreconic said:

VG's harvesting was a lot of fun and well done in my opinion, we used to do guild harvesting sessions to help get the rare mats for people's epics and spent more time than I care to admit harvesting, talking and laughing with guides while drinking beer and listening to music to get mats for my crafters, guild hall materials, outfitting the new guildies in decent starter gear and keeping the guild storage full, it was some of my best memories of crafting/harvesting. :)

Vanguard had a lot of very enjoyable things about it. I didn't have a chance to do massive guild based harvesting in it but the harvesting on your own was pretty fun as well.

• 294 posts
    April 20, 2017 1:55 PM PDT

I loved VG harvesting groups. It was downright relaxing usually consisting of good conversation among good friends. Just helping each other get the materials that they needed and the occasional run across the entire map to help a guild member harvest an ultra rare node so that he/she could get the most out of it possible.

Good memories.

• 902 posts
    May 27, 2017 5:13 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

My last three guilds in EQ2 would do harvest raids weekly.  An officer would review the harvest storage bins and determine what we were low on. Then, we would split up into different zones,  1 group each. Harvest everything we could for an hour. The raiders kept the rares they found and the regular mats would go to guild storage for everyone to use. The raiders usually got a couple hours worth of DKP for it.

We did something similar too, however, rares were also given over to the guild stocks during harvest raids. This allowed us to create items of value for our guildies whenever needed. If you participated and helped the guild, it helped you too. It worked well.

• 3 posts
    May 27, 2017 8:23 AM PDT

I just got chills with the thought of having the guild split across the world, just scavenging for resources and exploring, especially with the Perception system.   I can't wait to be able to just relax and talk over comms with friends while doing this.

• 201 posts
    May 27, 2017 9:14 AM PDT

dorotea said:

Vanguard had the best harvesting features I have ever played. Harvesting equipment made by crafters, group harvesting and more. I have every hope that Pantheon will build on this and be even better.

This +1

• 77 posts
    June 17, 2017 7:06 PM PDT

antonius said:

dorotea said:

This +1

I +1 your +1, I never knew about Vanguard till this year so I would love to see this kind of group gathering content happening. Perhaps you could craft a 2-man wood saw so you can stand either side of the tree and cut it down faster and get more materials. :D..

• 2886 posts
    June 18, 2017 8:24 AM PDT

Vaeruun said:

Perhaps you could craft a 2-man wood saw so you can stand either side of the tree and cut it down faster and get more materials. :D..

That's a really simple but great example of how something like this could be implemented. Perfect blend of realism and mechanics.

• 175 posts
    June 18, 2017 8:48 PM PDT

Not only this feature from VG, I really liked that each "sphere" had different outfits. So when you harvested, you had a harvesting outfit along with the necessary tool. Same with crafting. Really liked how VG encouraged helping out rather than fighting over the resources.

• 77 posts
    June 20, 2017 2:08 AM PDT

Archaen said:

Not only this feature from VG, I really liked that each "sphere" had different outfits. So when you harvested, you had a harvesting outfit along with the necessary tool. Same with crafting. Really liked how VG encouraged helping out rather than fighting over the resources.

It's certainly great for RPers to have that craftsman outfit while working for the immersion aspect of things. Hey look it's Bazgrim back from his lumberjack raid, with his new tartan shirt to show for it.

Also thanks for the compliment Baz, I'm sure there are many things that could be implemented in gathering and crafting to be inclusive of others.

I for one want to see some epic boats and fishing stuff happening. The promised 'fishing raidz' as was mentioned in one of CohhCarnage's vids.

This post was edited by Vaeruun at June 20, 2017 2:11 AM PDT
    • 175 posts
    June 20, 2017 9:51 AM PDT

Vaeruun said:

Archaen said:

It's certainly great for RPers to have that craftsman outfit while working for the immersion aspect of things. Hey look it's Bazgrim back from his lumberjack raid, with his new tartan shirt to show for it.

Just an fyi for those that aren't aware, they weren't just cosmetic. They had relevant stats to whatever they were purposed for.

• 278 posts
    June 20, 2017 1:28 PM PDT

Realy hope VR goes this way, as i enjoy crafting to help others and gathering groupes iv been thinking about for game release nice to see others thinking this way too. And im starting to fear they may go a bit to real, if so i need to have a mule to store my harvest so i dont need to travel to much to a village just for inv is full.

• 18 posts
    June 21, 2017 11:41 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Dreconic said:

+1 so much to this!  The sense of community and teamwork that came from crafting and harvesting was perfectly done in VG.  Had so many times while playing that a guildmate would call for help with a rare or ultra rare node and people would swarm in to help.  Can't wait for things like this in pantheon

• 33 posts
    July 6, 2017 7:37 PM PDT

This sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I like the idea of harvesting equipment and teamwork to increase yields. It makes sense to promote a social aspect to harvesting and I hope some of these ideas will be in game.

• 125 posts
    July 9, 2017 12:46 PM PDT

We used to do this all the time but when we held officers meetings we would include a harvesting raid as well. It gave at least some of the officers something to do as others were updating websites and researching things discussed during the meeting. We would each form a group and head to preselected zones. Many times this would also allow us to get member input as at times we would ask the group/raid opinion on things being discussed which also encouraged participation. In the end it was always a lot of fun and a great place for comic release as raids were always taken seriosly.

• 88 posts
    October 21, 2017 6:51 PM PDT

I'm down.  In Vanguard we also ran guild harvesting nights.  Our members were awarded DKP for slaying dragons, players and even nodes.  

• 1785 posts
    October 21, 2017 8:56 PM PDT

Another +1 from me. The group harvest bonus in vanguard was frankly a stroke of genius, would love to see it replicated in pantheon.

• 1120 posts
    October 21, 2017 11:41 PM PDT

Nephele said:

Another +1 from me. The group harvest bonus in vanguard was frankly a stroke of genius, would love to see it replicated in pantheon.

I never got that far into vg, would it just give you extra materiels?!