Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting ideas

• 24 posts
    February 5, 2017 4:45 AM PST

Hello,

I would like to give out some crafting ideas out of the blue.

food effects :

- increased stats : strengh, dexterity, etc.

- chance to hit

- climate resist (with a timer)

- regen

- xp gain boost

- move speed, attack speed, casting speed

- cooldown reduction (possibly of a certain kind of skills)

- jump height

potions :

- health, mana instant regen

- increased sight range

- invisibility

- skill level buff

- morph potions (turning you into something else, with new skills, only being able to use them till the end of pot) probably being limited to wizards and other casters due to their knowledge (don't see a warrior crafting a morph potion)

- breathe underwater potion

- armor buff

- decreased/increased character weight (modifying jump and knockback distances)

traps :

craftable ones being specific to rogue and maybe ranger. see the following link :

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5215/traps-and-other-combat-consumables

grenades : (same link), usable by any class

clickies :

i'd like the best clickies to be class-specific, and some common clickies to be cross-class

those clickies could possibly cast any spell in the game, summon a few items once in a while (arrows, throwing daggers for example), or grant some kind of unique buff.

Miscellaneous items :

- spider/snake in cage, releasing an agressive low-level mob when open

- treasure detection device (making you find buried chests with good loot inside)

- mob detector (glowing in your hand, changing colour depending on the mob distance)

- sieve (to look for gold in a river for example)

- drying device (to keep/transform meat, transform some wet items into dry items, to make powder etc)

- music items

- meditation carpet (regening health, possibly gaining some kind of xp or skill)

magic items :

- voodoo doll, hitting a specific enemy when conditions are met, in a very big range, behind walls. low damage (specific to shaman for example)

- magic repeater, copying spells in the vicinity

- magic emitter, increasing caster's spell range or spell power

- gizmos, turning some kind of mats into a loot bag or some valuable other item

- uppgradable gear

think about some gear that could be progressively improved by collecting mats and crafting it, then crafting it again, transforming it into something new or simply better.

- special arrows

some class should be able to do fletching, for example the ranger :

- smokescreen arrow

- explosive arrow/ fire arrow

-poison arrow (DOT, decreased stats)

- knockout gas arrow

craftable mechanisms

- turrets

- robots (like a player controlled explosive moving bot)

- clockwork decoy

(maybe requiring a specific new class which would be high-technology based )

- divine offering items, granting a huge buff or temporary new skill from a specific god when used on his altar

- Weapons

self explanatory

possibly some consumable high-tech items : lighting rod, stun gun, custom RPG

- Armor

why not add magic-fueled armor, using some kind of mats to produce a protecting buff (energy shield for example)

- magic bags

making possible to carry more weight and more item volume

- Edit :

- Spell Scrolls, making it possible to cast spells for a non-casting class. Scroll is single use.

- Special consumable items : poisons to keep in inventory, things to throw or activate, may it be stone, firecracker, etc.

resource ideas to craft all this :

- mushrooms

- plants

- wood

- insects

- animal/monster meat and body parts

- marine resources

- ore to mine

- resources specific to some zones due to their specific climate (magma stone, old ice, toxic sprout)

- craftable resources, obtained by using a tool on a basic resource

- salvaging parts obtained from destroying a specific item

- resources obtained from praying to a specific god as a reward

cheers

This post was edited by Gideon at February 19, 2017 2:55 AM PST
    • 19 posts
    February 5, 2017 11:47 AM PST

Some interesting ideas here, some I quite like, and others I do have some reservations about.

I like the concept here, expanding on the abilities of the group. I see this as something a Shaman could maybe have a focus in. It could be done as a class specific totem idea, not sure if number of totems allowed to be used at one time should be limited, but this would definitely add complexity and ingenuity to adventuring and a boost to those shamen who liked to craft, as opposed to those who just wanted to adventure and buy totems to use. Now, these could be single use, have a limited number of uses or even have a durability stat. Hell, they could have a %chance to blow up or do some random thing just to make things interesting. Mob AI could be set to disable these to add more challenge to fights. BUT I could see these becoming overpowered and 'needed' to defeat certain encounters. Would it make it more advantageous to have a Shaman in the group, or would it be necessary?

food effects :

- increased stats : strengh, dexterity, etc.

- chance to hit

- climate resist (with a timer)

- regen

- xp gain boost

- move speed, attack speed, casting speed

- cooldown reduction (possibly of a certain kind of skills)

- jump height

I like the majority of these, as many are staples in other MMO's. I also like some of the more unique ones, such as the climate resist one. Situational but important if what we are hearing about climates being important is accurate. Cooldown reduction is interesting and probably something healers would want, in order to get that heal out just that much quicker. Without fast travel and probably few options such as horses right at the beginning, movement speed would be definitely benificial. The only one I see as problematic is the xp gain boost. I think this is a game changer. Unless it is minimal, and such rather uninspiring over other benificial foods//drinks, it will be the choice of anyone levelling and wanting to level quickly. If levelling is going to be slower iin this game, this type of buff will be sought after by the majority to keep up with everyone else. It will take away from using other buff foods imo.

Great ideas! 

• 213 posts
    February 18, 2017 7:10 AM PST

I think it might be interesting to incorperate Profession NPC's and crafting recipies wrapped up in quests.  

Say you're out questing and one day you just happen to notice a blacksmith making a sword. 

As you get closer to take a look, suddenly text appears.  He says something like "Heya Lass, I have been busy all day trying to work this hard bit of metal and me arm is tired.  Would ye like to take a wee swing for a few minutes?"   You are then prompted to accept or deny.  

If you accept, you take a few swings as the blacksmith gleefully mocks your ability to work with metal.  You find this funny yet slightly irritating.  After you're finished the blacksmith tells you he appreciates your help and asks if you might do him another favor.  You are prompted to again, accept or deny.  This time he tells you that his apprentice has moved on and started his own shop and he is in need of extra hands. He asks if you know of anyone interested in Blacksmithing. You Accept or deny.  If you accept, he tells you to return to his shop each day to learn the basics of blacksmithing.  Each day you return you learn a new skill.  Each day he grows more fond of you and begins telling you more and more about his crafting secrets, until the day comes where he tells you you are ready to begin your own jouney as a masterblacksmith.  He tells you somewhat sadly that he will miss you and that you are the best apprentice he has ever had and he hopes one day you will come back to visit him once again.  With great respect you tell the masterblacksmith you too, will miss him and you wish him the best and promise to return.

• 2138 posts
    February 19, 2017 11:08 AM PST

Gideon said:

grenades : (same link), usable by any class

clickies :

i'd like the best clickies to be class-specific, and some common clickies to be cross-class

those clickies could possibly cast any spell in the game, summon a few items once in a while (arrows, throwing daggers for example), or grant some kind of unique buff.

Miscellaneous items :

- spider/snake in cage, releasing an agressive low-level mob when open

- treasure detection device (making you find buried chests with good loot inside)

- mob detector (glowing in your hand, changing colour depending on the mob distance)

- sieve (to look for gold in a river for example)

- drying device (to keep/transform meat, transform some wet items into dry items, to make powder etc)

- music items

- meditation carpet (regening health, possibly gaining some kind of xp or skill)

magic items :

- voodoo doll, hitting a specific enemy when conditions are met, in a very big range, behind walls. low damage (specific to shaman for example)

- gizmos, turning some kind of mats into a loot bag or some valuable other item

- special arrows

some class should be able to do fletching, for example the ranger :

- smokescreen arrow

- explosive arrow/ fire arrow

-poison arrow (DOT, decreased stats)

- knockout gas arrow

craftable mechanisms

Divine offering items, granting a huge buff or temporary new skill from a specific god when used on his altar

- Weapons

self explanatory

possibly some consumable high-tech items : lighting rod, stun gun, custom RPG

Edit :

- Spell Scrolls, making it possible to cast spells for a non-casting class. Scroll is single use.

- Special consumable items : poisons to keep in inventory, things to throw or activate, may it be stone, firecracker, etc.

{blockquote]

I like these ideas. and I think Grenades can be combined with clickies- like if a caster has a high research skill they can craft spells- clicky spell scrolls- that can be used by anyone.

The miscelaneous items are spot on, I especially like the spider in a cage idea. It can allow some flexibility for a non-pet class to have a pet. Maybe usefull in a situation where there is more than one monster and there is no Crowd Control class in group- you can open up your cage and let the snake/spider/frog attack the other monster or paralyze it for a small while depending on the power of what you have caged- which could be a set of graduated quests in itself. Imagine a Shaman walking around with dozend of cages with mysterious creatures haning off his body...cool.

Ranger arrows- spot on, The higher the skill makes nifty trick arrows appropriate.

Divine offering items- I see as along the same lines as faction, you may have bad faciton with the city but good faction with the deity that awards - what you said.

As far as weapons, what stood out to me was lighting rods. Considering weather will be a factor in Terminus- having a lighting rod would be handy for a non caster to take advantage of the storms and harnes the power of the storm in a fight. I see the warrior having to stop and raise the lighting rod- hoping not too much time wil pass until lighting happens to strike and channel through the rod towards the enemy ( so as to not be unbalancing, alot of Random Number Generating going on here- along with judging how long the warrior canlast taking hits and not moving, while raising the rod in the hopes- that lightiing wil be attracted to it)