Forums » Pantheon Classes

Classes, stats and equipment

• 151 posts
    January 20, 2017 6:44 PM PST

So I've been thinking about class diversity, and specifically class diversity withing the classes themselves, what would make one Warrior different from another, what makes my Summoner not the same as my friend that plays Summoner, on a mechanical level. I know there will be stuff like Epic Abilities and such but I wanted something that was more deep than just "I have this one spell that you don't", so it got me thinking, what about stats? What if stats which are usually viewed as useless pretty much for a class had a purpose? What I suggest is to make stats other than the "primary" stats (Like Int for caster and Str for melee and so on) have some kind of combat effectivness, having a Intellect focused Warrior or a Wisdom Rogue which would have playstyles that were different from their more traditional stat counterpart because these stats emphisised other things.

I've heard about stuff like Intellect increasing the rate at which you learned skills in games like EQ but this is not what I mean, I mean actual in combat effective properties, and to a degree where it would be possible to maybe play a class which focuses on stats other than their "designated" ones.

One more thing I am a very big fan of is actually gating weapon types or rare weapons with stat requirements, such as needing X amount of STR to equip and use a longbow, or a certain amount of INT to use a 2-handed sword. A bit like Dark Souls I suppose.

I am not entierly sure what the stat of say Wisdom would give a Warrior for something like this, but maybe we can come up with some cool ideas.

• 2752 posts
    January 21, 2017 1:46 AM PST

It's an interesting idea and I would love to see what others come up with. Personally I just don't know how it would fly in a game like this where each class has a mostly defined role and it's good to know exactly what each class is bringing to the table. I've also always felt that in many other games with crazy alternate specs and talent trees that those other flavors of, say, warrior, could be it's own class entirely. 

But I would love to hear what other thoughts/systems of making it work could be. 

• 1618 posts
    January 21, 2017 12:57 PM PST

I would just like to see the class stat details released. 

• 151 posts
    January 22, 2017 9:11 AM PST

Iksar said:

It's an interesting idea and I would love to see what others come up with. Personally I just don't know how it would fly in a game like this where each class has a mostly defined role and it's good to know exactly what each class is bringing to the table. I've also always felt that in many other games with crazy alternate specs and talent trees that those other flavors of, say, warrior, could be it's own class entirely. 

But I would love to hear what other thoughts/systems of making it work could be. 

I wouldn't see something like this being for playing other roles but instead to play the same role with a slightly different taste. Say Wisdom increasing healing recieved for a Warrior, still in the area of tanking but a little different.