Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Just another crafting topic

• 2 posts
    November 1, 2016 5:08 PM PDT

Crafting has always been an integral part of the online experience for me.  It is thrilling to explore every nook and cranny you can find looking for materials and when you finally make it back to town, your bags drooping with mats, you hammer, saw, tinker or sew something that is going to make survival in the wild easier and your adventures greater.

I am thrilled that launch may include crafting because one thing I look forward to is crafting my own gear AS I LEVEL.  I'm not saying make it easy.  I want it to be engaging and fun not mindless.  I want quest lines for crafting and hidden recipes to find.  I want stories behind some recipes such as.."Before the battle of Tharbad, King kellaruk forged himself a mighty breastplate.  If you can find all the pieces of the recipe and discern the materials he used, you can recreate the famous icon that bards sing about".

Here is where I seem to differ from a lot of people posting here.  I would like to be able to learn all the crafing skill lines I desire....all the way up.  If I want to put the time and effort in, then why not?  In mmo's where it is limited, peeps just make alts to make themselves mats that they need.  That really isnt conducive to immersion in the world either.  I'd rather spend months or years on my favorite/main character getting the achievements I desire.

thoughts?   complaints?

This post was edited by VaelKa at November 1, 2016 5:09 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    November 1, 2016 6:11 PM PDT

I agree completely. I have done exactly what you have said in every game that I couldn't master everything. I make alts to cover what I need. Just let me do what I want. 

• 86 posts
    November 1, 2016 6:28 PM PDT

I am one of those that strives for self-sufficiency in games, it can be very rewarding, and if you want to be succesful in a crafting market it is a priority - Misty Thicket Picnics (EQ) are a great example, there are others, but in the end if you want crafted items to reach truly epic levels they must involve intricacy that only in depth teamwork can provide. 

Hi Scubasteve!  I hope these views don't reflect poorly on me for any future Scuba Squad considerations.

• 8 posts
    November 1, 2016 7:01 PM PDT

No problem. I just ran into to many problems in the only master one system. Prices of mats being insane or none of what you need being available. Much easier for me to just go get what I need or want and craft away.