Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Tradeskills locked to Certain Classes

• 1584 posts
    September 30, 2016 7:02 AM PDT

Before i even get started im not talking about Blacksmithing, or Tailoring, or anything of that sort.  I'm talking about kinda like Intelligent users being able to create Intelligent using spells like they did EQ1, and have Shaman's do their alchemy, possibly give the druids and clerics something for them as well, I don't know maybe like Tome Binding or something for Clerics and something for Druids.I like all of this but the main skill i want to talk about is the rogue's Poisonmaking skill, i loved this tradeskill Being able to go out of farm Materials to create an old School poison the did like no damage at all but lowered a targets DEX by 68 so the tank wasnt getting hit as much, now i know that 68 isnt going to be there but you get where im going with this i want trade skills like this to me in the game so for one it encourages you to use it if you are that particular class, and 2 i want these to be helpful in raids as well, theres a lot of cool stuf rogues could of made in old EQ that would never hit the raid targets which for a lot of people made it a worthless skill, i hope this changes in Pantheon.

• 9115 posts
    September 30, 2016 5:36 PM PDT

Moved to Crafting as it relates to trade skills/crafting and not General Pantheon.

• 1584 posts
    September 30, 2016 9:09 PM PDT

Sry bout that Kilsin could of sworn i was in Crafting lol, i switch from each topic so much i accidently put it in the wrong spot, thanks for the correction.

• 173 posts
    October 1, 2016 6:18 AM PDT

SO, as I undertand what you are saying (sorry, it's early) things like rogues crafting thier poisons, or clerics crafting some tomes they may use and things along that line?

I think that's a neat idea.  Little things that each class could do for themselves, but not impeede on the crafting profession itself.

• 902 posts
    October 1, 2016 8:25 AM PDT

I had posted something similar in another thread.

I want to see recipes that are role specific to enhance that role, but I wouldn’t go down the route of alchemy solely for Shaman roles. I would prefer that alchemy could be dabbled with by any role, but tailored (so to speak) to that characters chosen role. So a rogue could create an acidic chemical to eat locks, a ranger could create a substance that could be attached to an arrow that exploded on impact, triggering different effects. A warrior would be much more inclined to create front line equipment, maybe a chemical that could be attached to a shield to burn on contact or a mace that could fire its spikes to give extra damage.

Yes, I know, some of these are fanciful, but it is the principle here. What I’m trying to say is that crafting should be more imaginative in what it allows player to create to help themselves and others of their profession, group or guild.

I would also like to see every crafter not being the same as every other crafter. General training would give basic skills from a stock list, but then let the crafters diversify and have differing skills and recipes. These could be the result of drops, quests and NPC training. They could be tied into game mechanics such as factions and perception, etc.

Make crafting intricate and detailed, not a grind. Make it something players are encouraged to participate in, not a chore.

• 1584 posts
    October 2, 2016 7:56 PM PDT

I don't know about every class having their own "unique" tradeskill, i was thinking of classes who do something like poisonmaking for a rogue due the fact that it makes sense that they should know this skill because they are rogues, or assassins.  Poisons just sound like it fits in there class, as Shamans ahould have alchemy becuase they are described as Witch Doctors in certain games, and witch doctor mix herbs together for medical reasons, and other reasons.  But as for like warriors i could see them being able to wear most of the heavy armor dropped, along with weapons, and shields.  This to me is a big advantage they have compared to other classes so i don't know if giving them a "unique" tradeskill would be fair to other classes.

This post was edited by Cealtric at October 2, 2016 8:05 PM PDT
    • 633 posts
    October 9, 2016 7:46 AM PDT

Another option could be bonuses to certain crafting skills based on their class, or even abilities that make that crafting skill a little more unique for them.  While EverQuest did not have an example of getting bonuses for certain trade skills, it did have an example of abilities that made a trade skill more unique for them.  The enchanter was the only class that could enchant metals in the game.

Why can't clerics and crusaders make holy water for certain recipes, enchanter enchant metals and woods.  Druids could enchant woods and hides.  Shamans could bind spirits to items.  Obviously it could be difficult striking a balance, due to the fact that non-spellcasters would require some alternate way of contributing to crafting skills.

• 106 posts
    October 11, 2016 8:51 AM PDT

Hello everyone. It would be nice to see each class having their very own unique tradeskill, that stand them apart from each other. Yet still able to craft othe types, if anything a bonus on their unique indiviual class skill. Shaman on alchemy, crusaders and clerics on holy oinments or healing potions, rogue on poisons, and so on. Need a druid or high level ranger to enchante that wood or make it magical? Something that would add a uniquenss to each class. It just seems everyone can craft, any class can craft.

• 1584 posts
    October 11, 2016 3:33 PM PDT

kelenin said:

Another option could be bonuses to certain crafting skills based on their class, or even abilities that make that crafting skill a little more unique for them.  While EverQuest did not have an example of getting bonuses for certain trade skills, it did have an example of abilities that made a trade skill more unique for them.  The enchanter was the only class that could enchant metals in the game.

Why can't clerics and crusaders make holy water for certain recipes, enchanter enchant metals and woods.  Druids could enchant woods and hides.  Shamans could bind spirits to items.  Obviously it could be difficult striking a balance, due to the fact that non-spellcasters would require some alternate way of contributing to crafting skills.

I actually like this idea, granted the non casters would be hard to figure out what they could offer, but maybe giving something like poisonmaking to rogues, still don't know about warrior they are the best tanks or were in EQ and if they keep that role of always being a MT for raids that is enough to keep them popular inho, I want to give them something maybe in like blacksmithing or some other tradeskills they can make something others can't due to being able to hardened or reinforce the armor.  or mabe they can be the only one to hardened or reinforce metals.  That seems fitting.

• 1584 posts
    October 11, 2016 3:39 PM PDT

Ravenwolf said:

Hello everyone. It would be nice to see each class having their very own unique tradeskill, that stand them apart from each other. Yet still able to craft othe types, if anything a bonus on their unique indiviual class skill. Shaman on alchemy, crusaders and clerics on holy oinments or healing potions, rogue on poisons, and so on. Need a druid or high level ranger to enchante that wood or make it magical? Something that would add a uniquenss to each class. It just seems everyone can craft, any class can craft.

I agree a lot to this it just that i don't know what warriors would be Blacksmithing i see everyone doing and that seems like that would be the most beenficial to them.  I know i saw someone saw something like enchanting but that seem more enchanter than warrior, and well a warrior is only as good as the gear he is wearing, they are probably goingt o be the most gear dependant class like they are in most games.  So if you could fill be in on what you think a warrior tradeskill would be i'd like to hear it maybe we can bounce ideas off each other and see where it goes.

• 106 posts
    December 15, 2016 5:32 PM PST

Hello everyone. Do not know how to cut and paste another person comment. This is for Riahuf22, i would say blacksmithing as warriors. Bonus on general blacksmithing. If the crafting branches off to where you have to choose one craftskill to specialize in, to master in, then say, warrior would get a bonus on armour smithing if he/she chooses the specialize/master in armoursmthing, but loses blacksmithing bonus. Basically if you decide to specialize in weaponsmithing as a warrior, you will get the bonus for weaponsmithing but lose the blacksmithing bonus. Say someone who specialize in alchemy, shaman for an example would get a bonus/synergy to alchemy. Or rogue gets a bonus/synergy on poison making. Ranger on fletching, druids on anyone anyone? wizards, etc. Monks making tea???

• 3852 posts
    December 15, 2016 5:42 PM PST

Customization good. Outright limitation based on your combat profession - not so good.

There is no reason in logic or game mechanics that a cloth armor type couldn't become an armorsmith if he or she dedicated enough time.

Now making it more difficult makes sense. If I spend my life in plate armor just maybe I know it better than if I spend it in a robe. Plus three to armorcrafting or the ability to learn recipes two levels sooner.

A smith needs strength. So maybe require certain minimum attributes for smithing. And certain very different minimum attributes for a scribe (if such class were to exist).

Rather than require minimum attributes, tone it down and have them give a plus to something useful. High strength +3 or plus a level or two to when recipes are learned.

Don't take any of the numbers seriously I'm just throwing out examples I like better than "tank must be smith" or "tank cannot be scribe".

This post was edited by dorotea at December 15, 2016 5:42 PM PST
    • 77 posts
    December 16, 2016 11:52 AM PST

I like the idea of property relation.

Magelike caster black smith could perhaps add resistance to magical damage.

Crusader black smith could add physical blunt or piercing damage to chest piece

With a property based class addition to tradeskill could lead to many of us that are wanting to be unique, however the balancing of all sorts of dmg could take an extra 15 years or so or else we would have meta builds and classes.

• 2886 posts
    December 16, 2016 2:00 PM PST

Ravenwolf said:

Hello everyone. Do not know how to cut and paste another person comment.

Just click on the "Quote" button on the upper right hand corner of the comment you want to quote.

• 1618 posts
    December 21, 2016 5:08 PM PST

I do not like the idea of locking crafting to adventurer class. I tend to craft on every toon, but usually I treat the two as separate decisions. They usually do not match within the toon. That's part of the issue with having a lot of alts and splitting crafting classes between my wife and I.