Forums » The Dwarves

Dwarves vs Ogres (Size)

• 500 posts
    June 20, 2016 3:22 PM PDT

Hello everyone,

One of the first things I 'squee'd' about when I was looking at the game was the fact that Dwarves may be shorter than other races but they are very THICK.

Look at the image below and measure the shoulder width of Dwarves to Ogers. 

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/all-races-to-scale-wallpaper.jpg

I for one love to think of Dwarves as 'little giants' and in my own 'house-lore' I tend to have very FIT Dwarves be 'almost' circular in perportion (Their just as wide as they are tall). I know they aren't standing exactly forward since one shoulder is back, but, I think I see 'enough' to reasonably tell they are close to even (key word, 'close') 

anyway, just wanted to share that should anyone else be as happy as I am about it.

*Squee*

-Todd

This post was edited by tehtawd at February 23, 2017 5:39 AM PST
    • 8 posts
    June 23, 2016 3:08 PM PDT

Dwarfs have always been my favorite since the 80's and D&D for me. No matter what game I tend to pic that as the race of choice

• 323 posts
    September 4, 2016 1:28 PM PDT

If a dwarf is a playable race in any game I play, that is the race I always pick first. There will be no exception in Pantheon. I love dwarves.

This post was edited by Klumpedge at September 13, 2016 1:28 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    September 4, 2016 10:19 PM PDT

Dwarfs rule. 

Drink, fight, drink. Not necessarily in that order.

Can't wait fer some dwarven ale!

• 115 posts
    September 5, 2016 2:53 PM PDT

Chip the glasses crack the plates! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

• 315 posts
    September 11, 2016 10:04 AM PDT

Dwarves have been my race of choice since I started EQ.  I really love how the look in Pantheon.

• 4415 posts
    November 6, 2016 6:10 PM PST

In almost anything in life (and games), I gravitate toward things that are small yet badass. Dwarves are way tougher than some may think. Put them in plate armor and they are solid as a rock. And that's exactly why they are by far my favorite race. Can't adequately express how much I love dwarves lol.

• 79 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:04 PM PST

Klumpedge said:

If a dwarf is a playable race in any game I play, that is the race I always pick first. There will be no exception in Pantheon. I love dwarves.

Agreed... I think those who play dwarves are almost all this way.  Not sure why, but it holds to be very true.  Not only do they always play Dwarves but enjoy the company more of others who do play dwarves.

Characteristics of folks who like to play dwarves, as I've noticed:

1) sarcasim is the most common form of humor

2) stubbornness (mostly towards non-dwarves)

3) single focus and grind capable

4) number of dwarves in close proximity exagerate the above characteristics and change the humor to more of a happy drunk.

• 24 posts
    February 18, 2017 5:12 PM PST

Dwyvyrn said:

Klumpedge said:

Agreed... I think those who play dwarves are almost all this way.  Not sure why, but it holds to be very true.  Not only do they always play Dwarves but enjoy the company more of others who do play dwarves.

Characteristics of folks who like to play dwarves, as I've noticed:

1) sarcasim is the most common form of humor

2) stubbornness (mostly towards non-dwarves)

3) single focus and grind capable

4) number of dwarves in close proximity exagerate the above characteristics and change the humor to more of a happy drunk.

So true, I too play Dwarf in any game that is allowed, and if it is not allowed I try to roleplay as close to a dwarf as possible. EverQuest was my first introduction into fantasy and after reading Tolkien's books my fascination with dwarves inceased. This quote sums up, I think, the major reason that I like them so much... "The Dwarves were created by Aulë to be strong, resistant to fire and the evils of Morgoth. They were hardier than any other race, secretive, stubborn, and steadfast in enmity or loyalty. Despite their short stature, they were known for their strength and endurance in battle, as well as their fury, particularly when avenging their fallen kin, and for being some of the greatest warriors in all of Middle-earth. They fought valiantly in many wars and battles over the Ages holding axes."

• 67 posts
    August 12, 2018 2:11 PM PDT

Aye i too have always loved the dwarven race so glad to be able to play one again.