Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Form of payments

• 780 posts
    December 30, 2016 3:13 AM PST

I don't like Kronos, either.  Time is money, and when it takes me a lot more time to farm an item or money for an item than it does for me to make $15.00 in real life, it's sometimes hard or me to justify -not- spending the $15.00.  I'd rather not have the option.

• 318 posts
    December 30, 2016 3:30 AM PST

Shucklighter said:

I don't like Kronos, either.  Time is money, and when it takes me a lot more time to farm an item or money for an item than it does for me to make $15.00 in real life, it's sometimes hard or me to justify -not- spending the $15.00.  I'd rather not have the option.

Agreed. That's my feelings exactly.

It's hard to enjoy a game when you are constantly being reminded that you could advance your character faster if, instead of playing, you spent your time at work.

• 1618 posts
    December 30, 2016 4:07 PM PST

Evoras said:

Sevens said:

why would this be probematic? Just sell game cards in stores, companies have done this for years

Oops, I didn't mean there would be a RL vs in-game money issue. Sorry if i wasn't very clear.

I only mentioned it might be an issue since I am not familiar enough with them to know if they charge extra for this kind of thing. For people paying by standing order, or paying for 3-months, 6-months or even a years subs there are usually savings to be made - I understood the short term systems (like game cards) to be generally more expensive, that's all. Presumably VR can make arrangements with one/more major stores to sell them (lord knows how that works lol).

I just wanted to flag up :
    ... the potential difference in price this might make and,
    ... potentially, the hoops Brad and co might have to jump through to get it so they were available for a majority of potential customers.

I doubt they will put cards in stores. Most companies, except your big boys, are pulling cards off shelves. They just take up space. Unless this game becomes HUGE, we won't see cards in stores.

• 1281 posts
    December 30, 2016 8:14 PM PST

I don't want any association between real life money and in game items, so no to that.

I'm fine with CC, Paypal, etc.

• 68 posts
    December 31, 2016 6:04 AM PST

Enitzu said:

No no no. Absolutely not. If you put anything like Krono in game you are giving gold sellers/buyers a way to make money. Farm items sell them for Krono then sell the Krono for a cheaper price. While this doesn't hurt VR since they are still getting the same amount it does hurt the players. Those gold sellers perma lock certain high end camps and make it nearly impossible to get said items without going through them. On the TLP's, within the first month there was one said person who had over 300 Krono made from selling items. 300. Selling those for 8 bucks a piece is a nice chunk of change for playing a game for a month

CC, paypal sure but no in game item for game time.

This is semi-true, but i knew people with far more than 300. I easily accrued over 300 krono and I was not even trying. The krono market on Phinnegel was insane. The only time I knew of anyone "perma-farming" a zone was the necro doing the effreti boots and he eventually got banned. While I took advantage of this and made easily over $1500 dollars it did ruin the economy. This was partly due to the dupping of krono event they had in EQ2. People figured out a way and the market was flooded with insane amounts.

In a controlled environment I think it could be ok. I dont play anymore but I still have about 80 krono sitting on my account, thats how insane it was there.

• 69 posts
    December 31, 2016 11:59 AM PST

Adding an item in-game that you can purchase with in-game gold, to use as a substitute for RL cash benefits like subscription time, just invites gold farming.  Sure it's convenient as hell and a good player can make enough gold in a month to pay for their next month of sub time, but I see the cons greatly outweighing the pros.

In EQ, I've seen so many hackers and ninjas doing the most garbage things to otain items to pay for Kronos and then turn around to sell those said Kronos for RL cash. 

If those types of Micro-transactions are in-game, then so be it.  Rather they weren't though.

• 8 posts
    February 19, 2020 5:45 PM PST

I would say no to Kronos and tokens.i would like credit card and not pay pal. If it were credit card I would actually sing up for the 15 a month, even though i pledged also.

• 68 posts
    February 20, 2020 9:33 AM PST

I would really like to have a subscription based but when its time to come out of my bank it sends me a pop up box in game saying your subscription is up would you like to pay again? I personally would like this because i usually pay by the month and then cancel right after so i can control my account balances especially with my wife on my account and sometimes we forget to inform eachother on purchases. not sure how hard that would be to code but just a box saying would you like to continue with your current sub, or change it wouldnt be to hard to implement (if this is a route they would be interested in)