Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting or item supplies Stacking

• 801 posts
    March 27, 2016 6:21 AM PDT

Stacking issue

time: 6:46 shows bones not stacking.

Would items from the start stack to 100 right away to avoid problems later on? or constantly asking devs to change all items half way through a decade.

also thought of something else important, group leader setable options

Set looter 1 or just leave it? and let the groups decide on their own..

I know in guilds it became very important to set looter rights. This avoid no drop items from being looted by accident.

Mod Edit: Copy/Pasted double post into main post, please use the "edit" function to add afterthoughts to your original post instead of creating a new post/double post as it is against forum guidelines :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 27, 2016 4:17 PM PDT
    • 97 posts
    January 19, 2017 3:12 PM PST

I was just thinking about how I would love to grind xp with friends whenever possible, and save crafting and other solo tasks for off-times when there aren't as many people online, or if I can't find a group, whatever the case may be. Because I would always rather group than solo.

Anyway, my thought process led me to thinking about if my play time is generally spent grouping, I could very easily end up hoarding tons of random stuff and materials and needing a place to store them before I finally get around to crafting. So I know that starting out we will probably have limited storage and bank space, and I don't want to sell things until I figure out whether or not it would be useful, it would really be beneficial for things like gems, crafting materials, food/drink and other small objects to be stackable, even as big as stacks of 100.

So i'd just like to cast my vote to please make crafting items stackable! Thank you!

*edit for typos*

This post was edited by Quintra at January 19, 2017 3:14 PM PST
    • 2138 posts
    January 21, 2017 6:02 AM PST

*upvotes Crazzie*

*clicks "like" icon under Crazzie"

Stackable! up to 100! all things! (if-  the crafting sytstem is going that way)

• 780 posts
    January 21, 2017 9:41 AM PST

Well, the bones did stack...they just didn't automatically stack.  I'm sure that will be corrected.  I agree that stack sizes for tiny things like gems or fish scales should be quite large....why not even higher than 100?  How about 1000?

• 2886 posts
    January 23, 2017 6:19 AM PST

Quintra said:

So I know that starting out we will probably have limited storage and bank space, and I don't want to sell things until I figure out whether or not it would be useful, it would really be beneficial for things like gems, crafting materials, food/drink and other small objects to be stackable, even as big as stacks of 100.

This is a very good point. Especially in this game where recipes and such are not going to be readily available. Hoarding everything early on is going to be even more essential. Here's a random idea: what if there was a bank in your starting city that only catered to low level characters? Perhaps lvl 10 or 15, maybe even 20. (Perhaps also make it so that it can only hold crafting materials? Not sure about that) This is a case where I think localized banks actually make a lot of sense. And once you're past the set level, you can still withdraw items from that bank, but you can't deposit anything new. This allows you more space to save miscellaneous items you loot, until you figure out what they're actually useful for.

• 97 posts
    January 23, 2017 7:24 AM PST

I will probably be doing alot of crafting during at least 1 of the beta's just to find out what type of items will be needed.  But we don't even know what crafting professions there will be yet.  I would assume that weaponsmithing, and armorsmithing (cloth, leather, plate) would not require overland drops (except maybe leather).   Those more often require harvesting or vendor bought mats.  My hunch is there won't be a ton of crafting professions in game at launch just due to dev team size.  They have mentioned horizontal progression alot, and I would think specialized crafting like alchemy, poison making, or cooking would be added later.  I might even think minerologist (houses) and carpenters (boats) might not be added until those items are in game. 

Guessing what I am saying is items that drop from overlands might be items similiar to crushbone in EQ where they dont stack, but are non-vendor just deletable.  He was deleting them in the stream. 

• 780 posts
    January 23, 2017 9:56 AM PST

I certainly hope PRF is not full of worthless, useless, non-stackable loot.  Let it have a value or a use, or let it not drop!  I don't recall all of the different orc bones dropping in Crushbone early on.  I think they are part of some quest that was added along the way, but I could be wrong.

I think the newbie bank idea is pretty cool.  It could have a large capacity and then stop accepting deposits at a certain level.  Then you could be given so much time to get everything out before it's all lost. 

• 97 posts
    January 23, 2017 11:46 AM PST

Stacking to 100 would be nice.  VG started off as 20, and later it was changed to 100 for many of the crafting supplies.  It makes organizing your bags so much easier.

• 780 posts
    January 23, 2017 12:05 PM PST

I think it depends on the item...like if it's iron ingots or something, maybe the stacks should stay small, but if you are talking about tiny things, let the stacks go all the way up to 1000.

• 22 posts
    January 23, 2017 7:21 PM PST

Shucklighter said:

I think it depends on the item...like if it's iron ingots or something, maybe the stacks should stay small, but if you are talking about tiny things, let the stacks go all the way up to 1000.

I wouldn't be opposed to stacking crafting items up to 100. I remember the days in EQ where a stack was only 20 and the the useless items that dropped even the early days of EQ. I, however, do not like the idea of items stacking to 1,000. I have seen some games do this and it can lead to unnecessary drops of item values in the economy.

The localized banking idea seems like a fun way to overhaul the typical banking system you see in most games. This way you would have to remember what bank has what and may lead you selecting a city to be your center of operations.