Forums » Crafting and Gathering

• 15 posts
    February 23, 2016 8:50 AM PST

Tough topic. From my experience crafting is only needed when a crafter can make something as good or better than can be looted. Otherwise, most people will just ingore crafting and loot stuff. What is the sense of having provisioner when everyone else is making the product and the profit suffers. As long as crafters can make unique things and not just anyone can make them...i think this is key. Thanks, Mike

• 170 posts
    February 24, 2016 7:39 AM PST

While that is true I'll mention Eq1 crafting here. Fletching was how you got arrows, you didn't loot them and they weren't endless like in almost all other games. Cooking was because food supported life it wasn't just for stats it was to live. I hope furniture making is in for the housing element and tailoring is in so my wifes charater can have 17 different outfits a day to wear. She had a house in SWG that was just to store clothes for her Twilek Dancer. These all stick out to me as needing to be in the game and the same as far as Armorsmith, Weaponsmith, and any other like that I hope that if you level them up they have things to either added to the dropped equipment or they have similar stats and you can make a full set which will have bonuses. I think VR will do crafting right. I have every faith in this game that it won't be pay to win or easy mode. It will require work, time, luck and skill on us the players. Like Playing D&D in the late 70s and the 80s before even that got easier. They have said it many times and I'm holding them to it Risk and Reward. I just wish I had won that damn powerball that was 1.5 billion because I could have donated millions to them to finish the game.

• 15 posts
    February 24, 2016 8:08 AM PST

Amen to pwr. ball...lol! I wish I had getten to experience EQ1. I did not get involved in gaming until 08ish. I tried to play EQ1 and WOW, but EQ1 graphics were just too dated for me. WOW= too cartoonish. Anyway, you might be on to some things in regards to the whole risk/reward thing. Thanks!