Forums » Pantheon Races

There is a distinct lack

• 46 posts
    January 15, 2019 10:33 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

Hadekin said:

Orcs?  I want to play a unicorn.  This game could be the first to have a Unicorn Dire Lord, or a Unicorn rogue.  Unicorn rogues could backstab so easily.

Seriously, I agree that there needs to be at least one more evil race.  It seems unbalanced right now in favor of more good races:

- Gnome;
    - Human;
    - Dwarf;
    - Elves;
    - Halfpint; and
    - Archai (maybe)

Evil races:

- Dark Myr (though jury is still out, as their bio does not really describe anything evil other than that they are racist);
    - Ogres; and
    - Skar.

I'd say that gnomes could count as neutral, and halfpints as neutral-good.

Once upon a time, the racial starting areas actually used to be split into good, neutral, and evil as follows:

Good: Human, Elf, Dwarf

Neutral: Gnome, Halfling, Archai

Evil: Dark Myr, Ogre, Skar

And while faction in Pantheon is now very nonlinear and fluid, the basic labels could still be applied, showing that the divisions are in fact balanced with 3 races each.

I agree that the 9 races are split into 3 groups of 3 (good, neutral, and evil); I feel like I read somewhere that the devide also coinsided with contential placement. The "good" races are on Kingsreach; being Humans, Elves, and Halflings. The "neutral" races found on Whitethaw; Dwarves, Archai, and Gnomes. While the "evil" races occupy Reignfall; the Orge, Dark Myr, and Skar.

However, at this time, I've read so much lore and posts, I'm having trouble finding proof of this, but I believe it also makes sence. Furthermore, the quotation marks are used because attitudes to individuals of each race can change, and alignments like these are subjective. I'm guessing the neutral could start out going anywhere,but my not be trusted much. while the good are KOS in evil land, just as the evil are KOS in the good.