Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 97 posts
    January 14, 2017 8:15 PM PST

I want to say cleric but it depends on what GF wants to play. If she picks a healer, I will need to go a dps, maybe an enc or a ranger. 

• 1860 posts
    January 15, 2017 12:15 AM PST

Gragorie said:

I want to say cleric but it depends on what GF wants to play. If she picks a healer, I will need to go a dps, maybe an enc or a ranger. 

You might want to reconsider the enchanter if dps is your concern.  A chanter isn't much for dps.  Very different play style.

This post was edited by philo at January 15, 2017 12:21 AM PST
    • 97 posts
    January 15, 2017 6:37 AM PST

I played an enc on progression servers on EQ, and it WAS the dps.  A good pet could do almost as much damage as the entire rest of the group combined.   

• 2886 posts
    January 15, 2017 12:03 PM PST

Gragorie said:

I played an enc on progression servers on EQ, and it WAS the dps.  A good pet could do almost as much damage as the entire rest of the group combined.   

That's EQ progression servers though, which are pretty much broken, for lack of a better word. I wouldn't expect Enchanters to have much dps at all in Pantheon.

• 8 posts
    January 15, 2017 12:39 PM PST

I've always steered towards the melee classes in the games i've played such as Warriors, Barbarians, Berserkers, Rogues, etc. This is mostly because I often see how much more damage Mana-using classes can dish out compared to Melee classes. I try to steer away from the easy mode route because I like the challenge, but at the same time I don't want to be terribly underpowered either.

So it's a tough decision for me. If I go with my usual mindset I will probably go with a Warrior, Monk or Rogue. But I am also curious to see how the magic-users play out as well.

• 60 posts
    January 17, 2017 7:19 AM PST

They announced in the December stream that there will most likely be an open beta just before launch so I will most likely try out all classes and decide from there. I usually play a tank so straight away I was thinking warrior but I also will be playing on a PvP shard and I feel like if they take the classic everquest approach to classes that I will be useless at defending myself or trying to take over camp spots as a warrior. I'll just need to wait and see I guess.

• 11 posts
    January 31, 2017 8:18 AM PST

I'm having a really difficult time picking between Cleric/Druid, Enchanter and Monk.  I love healer and utility classes.  Will definitely be trying out the bard when it gets released as well.

• 2752 posts
    January 31, 2017 11:51 AM PST

My heart says Bard, but if that doesn't make it to launch I will play a Druid until it arrives. Tertiary/Quaternary: Summoner/Monk

• 556 posts
    February 2, 2017 8:06 AM PST

I have no clue at all right now. So many choices I am torn. Warrior, cleric, chanter, wizard, monk ....

Guess alpha/beta will tell. With all the planned wipes I figure I can lvl each and then decide. 

• 10 posts
    February 3, 2017 6:37 PM PST

Dwarf Cleric or Shaman. Not sure on the race for the shaman yet. Must play god with the cleric though. "Please tell me why I should rez you?"

• 316 posts
    February 3, 2017 8:23 PM PST

Dark Myr Wizard!

Human/Skar Dire Lord!

Ogre Necromancer!

...maybe a female Halfling Druid..

..Human Summoner..

Edit: Ogre Necro was a joke before seeing the class/race combos... but now an Ogre Druid sounds interesting!

This post was edited by Alexander at February 3, 2017 9:50 PM PST
    • 24 posts
    February 4, 2017 4:13 AM PST

As usual my main will be a halfling rogue.

Still i'm interested in the druid and the maybe the summoner, depending on what it's about. I read somewhere the summoner can conjure some items, that gets me curious.

This post was edited by Gideon at February 4, 2017 4:18 AM PST
    • 1860 posts
    February 6, 2017 3:31 PM PST

I wonder how many people have a different thought about what they want to play now that the class/race chart has been revealed?

• 3237 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:49 PM PST

Ogre warrior.  Will gladly do my part to ensure that the least loved yet most misunderstood race in the game is properly represented.  I already planned on playing this combination ... but seeing that ogres will only have 4 classes to choose from, it's only reinforced my decision.  "Ooohh, look, an Ogre!" 

• 780 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:00 PM PST
    The chart didn't change anything for me since I generally play humans. I'm sure things will change once I actually get some information about how the classes actually play.

OneADseven, I think you're gonna have to go Skar Warrior if you want the least loved race. Ogres are pretty awesome!
    • 3237 posts
    February 6, 2017 8:35 PM PST

Shucklighter said: The chart didn't change anything for me since I generally play humans. I'm sure things will change once I actually get some information about how the classes actually play. OneADseven, I think you're gonna have to go Skar Warrior if you want the least loved race. Ogres are pretty awesome!

Maybe least loved wasn't the best choice of words ... maybe least common is better?  I have no way to accurately predict this of course, but considering their severe class limitations ... it seems fair to assume that there will likely be a lot more humans than ogres.  I said least loved jokingly because they only have 4 classes to choose from ... less than any other race in the game.  Where is the love?!?

This post was edited by oneADseven at February 6, 2017 8:35 PM PST
    • 6 posts
    February 6, 2017 10:05 PM PST
    Looking like dark myr cleric or archai shaman for me.. but unloved ogre warrior.. give me the wall of flab protecting me.. as an eq1 cleric.. somehow a gnome of halfling didn't make me feel as safe.. nothing like looking up from book mending and seeing an ogre or troll warrior scratching their backside
    • 3237 posts
    February 7, 2017 5:53 AM PST

Flattliner said: Looking like dark myr cleric or archai shaman for me.. but unloved ogre warrior.. give me the wall of flab protecting me.. as an eq1 cleric.. somehow a gnome of halfling didn't make me feel as safe.. nothing like looking up from book mending and seeing an ogre or troll warrior scratching their backside

I will protect you.  =D

• 17 posts
    February 11, 2017 3:03 PM PST

I personally loved all classes in EQ and VG, I'm definitely expecting the same type of feel with Pantheon. Considering this...and my current lifestyle, I'd probably start with a pet class where I can solo(fear kiting comes to mind) when I don't have time to LFG or need to AFK a lot, eventually I'll master every class!

• 170 posts
    February 12, 2017 12:19 PM PST

Well... I think if I have to narrow it down and make a choice right now I'd say I'm going to start with a Skar Shaman or Monk. A Dark Myr Dire Lord or Monk. A Human or Elf Bard if available. A Gnome Enchanter or Necromancer (if available). A Ogre or Archai Druid. A Halfling Ranger or Rogue. A Dwarf Paladin. So one of those or something completely different is what I'm starting with and I already have dozens of names sorted male/female to choose from depending on my decision. So see I'm set, kind of...

• 2 posts
    February 12, 2017 3:08 PM PST

Dark Myr or Skar necro if available, if not it's completely up in the air but leaning towards Dark Myr summoner or Dark Myr/Skar dire lord.

• 219 posts
    February 24, 2017 11:20 PM PST

Hm, given the available options...probably Halfling Druid or Dwarf Cleric.  Maybe Halfling Bard if it makes it in and I enjoy the buff support role more than the outright healer role.  I like Halflings/Gnomes in most games, and I like healers/support, so it kind of depends on what the classes come down to do.  My next up race of choice would be Dwarves.  If the Bard makes it in and I like the playstyle, that would probably be it, but if not or if I find I like healing more, the Druid IF it's a functional healer (because Halfling and because it seems a bit more inclined for soloing in those play sessions where I can't group up due to time constraints or friend availability).  If it's not really so much a healer, than the Cleric.  And as Gnomes have no healer...  (Though I'm perpetually opposed to having an army of alts...maybe a Gnome Enchanter alt...because sci-fi/fantasy technomagic?  Yes please!)

I really wish that they'd put out the rest of the class More Info pages so I could guess more at what the Druid exactly IS supposed to be.  In lieu of that, I'll just have to wait, but knowing it's a healer (and the only one the Halflings have access to) makes me think I may end up with it one way or another.

To bolster my allies as we fight together as a team!  What could be greater than that?!  ^_^

• 80 posts
    March 20, 2017 12:14 PM PDT

Dwarf Warrior. 

I want to be the leader of the group and it just seems like the right choice.

• 11 posts
    March 21, 2017 3:03 PM PDT

My heart is telling me to grab life by the rage enducing sword that is the warrior.  I've been a ranger for so long in every game wanting to be the Warden of nature using nature and steel to crush my foes.. but as i got older..I figured.. Steel did most of the work a furry companion can be great but often can hold one back.  SO Warrior! . . . .Or berserker...C'mon berserker 

This post was edited by Itchen at March 21, 2017 3:03 PM PDT
    • 257 posts
    March 22, 2017 10:53 AM PDT

hmmm.

Probably something with a book to increase my ninja-afk skill.