Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Complaint about the new site....

• 753 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:11 PM PDT

It makes me want to play the game.  now.

That is all.

• 9115 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:45 PM PDT

Oh man...thank you!

I'm getting smashed with feedback and it's nice to see this one :)

This soft launch has gone very well although we have had a few hiccups with the forums and accounts/eCommerce which we are working very hard to fix (everything will return to normal once the bugs are fixed), as we want everything to be as close to perfect as possible for our official launch next week sometime but in the meantime, thank you all for the kind words, we are all so happy that you like the new site as a lot of hard work was put into creating it :)

• 160 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:07 PM PDT

It has a more attractive, professional look. I hope it draws the eye of an investor for you all.

Cheers, mates!

• 753 posts
    September 24, 2015 10:20 PM PDT

Before I head off to bed - I'll give you a (hopefully) quick synopsis of how this new site impacted me when I saw it.  For those of us who have been around for a while, It's pretty - and I can appreciate how well laid out things are on the main page with the overview, etc...

But for someone who has NOT been watching the game.  They're going to come to this site and find a main page that very quickly lets them click this, then that, then something else....  I think the experience will go something like this:

- User comes to site and thinks.. oh, wow.

- User clicks Lore... thinks - hmm... seems to be a lot here.  I'll come back and read it after I look at classes and stuff.

- User clicks classes... thinks - Wow... there's a lot of choice here

- User clicks races.... thinks - Crap, there's a lot here too....

- User thinks:  Good GOD.  When did all of this happen with this game???

And thus, a new loyal follower is born.

Really - the new site has my already rabid excitement for Pantheon notched up even more.  Excellent job.

This post was edited by Wandidar at September 29, 2015 11:53 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 24, 2015 10:37 PM PDT
    Wandidar said:

Before I head off to bed - I'll give you a (hopefully) quick synopsis of how this new site impacted me when I saw it.  For those of us who have been around for a while, It's pretty - and I can appreciate how well laid out things are on the main page with the overview, etc...

But for someone who has NOT been watching the game.  They're going to come to this site and find a main page that very quickly lets them click this, then that, then something else....  I think the experience will go something like this:

- User comes to site and thinks.. oh, wow.

- User clicks Lore... thinks - hmm... seems to be a lot here.  I'll come back and read it after I look at classes and stuff.

- User clicks classes... thinks - Wow... there's a lot of choice here

- User clicks races.... thinks - Crap, there's a lot here too....

- User thinks:  Good GOD.  When did all of this happen with this game???

And thus, a new loyal follower is born.

Really - the new site has my already rabid excitement for Pantheon notched up even more.  Excellent job.

Haha! I hope that is the experience that they get from it mate :) 

• 366 posts
    September 25, 2015 4:34 AM PDT
    Wandidar said:

But for someone who has NOT been watching the game.  They're going to come to this site and find a main page that very quickly lets them click this, then that, then something else....  .....

Yep, I was talking on vent with a guildmate and that was exactly how he felt.

This post was edited by Zarriya at September 25, 2015 2:49 PM PDT
    • 148 posts
    September 25, 2015 7:49 AM PDT

It really is nicely done, when I showed my wife the new site (who has been skeptical the whole time and not getting her hopes up) she commented on how pretty it was and that "wow they must be getting close to a launch"

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    September 25, 2015 9:45 AM PDT

The whole team is delighted to see the growing excitement and positive feedback. This is a big milestone for us, one of many to come!

• 384 posts
    September 25, 2015 9:52 AM PDT
    Wandidar said:

I completely agree, Wandidar!

It's been a long time since I was as completely into and excited about a game before launch like I am with Pantheon. I do remember when that was though... it was Vanguard. That's not a coincidence. Yesterday and the day before with the site being down and then the new site launching, it felt to me like a big patch day. lol   Love the site, can't wait to play!!

• 180 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:33 PM PDT

The site looks great! I've already said this on Facebook but thought I'd share my thanks again.

• 76 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:35 PM PDT

Very nice.

• 671 posts
    September 27, 2015 4:36 PM PDT

I REALLY would likie a choice of background skins, preferably all one color. When engaging in dialogue and forums, I need to see the text clearer and better. Having a picture as a backdrop for text is a horrible idea. That is why publications and newspapers do not do it.

Keep it simple, plz.

This post was edited by Hieromonk at September 27, 2015 4:37 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:00 PM PDT

INteresting strange large bunny gif?. what is the strange large bunny gif where the bunny audibly yawns, and repeates, starting with a high keening tone. is it secrets? The gif is on the second page over from the main page under which are all the other things like Lore, races, etc etc

• 23 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:22 PM PDT
    Hieromonk said:

I REALLY would likie a choice of background skins, preferably all one color. When engaging in dialogue and forums, I need to see the text clearer and better. Having a picture as a backdrop for text is a horrible idea. That is why publications and newspapers do not do it.

Keep it simple, plz.

It has been stated numerous times and is worth mentioning again....they will be fixing the forum background as stated here: A Suggestion 

This post was edited by Yvyll at September 27, 2015 9:20 PM PDT
    • 671 posts
    September 27, 2015 8:30 PM PDT

Thanks

• 144 posts
    September 27, 2015 9:16 PM PDT

I would tell you what is good about this site compared to the old one.  However I think I am limited to amount of characters I can put in one post.

This site sure brings the feel that was deeply needed for me and for many others I game with.  The excitement is stronger than ever.

Kilsin I am sorry mate for doubting you.  I know you are limited to what you can share and at one point it seemed like hot air,  but wow just simply wow.

Great Job Team, great job...

• 76 posts
    September 28, 2015 9:08 AM PDT

CSS is tricksy little hobbitses.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:54 PM PDT

Thanks so much everyone!  Major hats off to Adam Tell, our webmaster/programmer.  He continues to work long hours tweaking, adding, and polishing up the site!

• 378 posts
    September 28, 2015 3:37 PM PDT

Love the new site guys, WELL DONE

Couple of things i'd ask, Will free members be able to post in the forums once site is officially launced next week, this was spoken about sometime ago ? 

I can't seem to find my account detail about how much I have pledged or what pledge level i'm currently at ?

• 88 posts
    September 28, 2015 8:46 PM PDT

The new site is superb, but I do have negative feedback regarding the forums. I feel that the background image is too distracting. Forum members should be able to choose under their User CP if they want a background image while they're viewing, and give multiple different background images as options as well.

For me, personally, the background image is distracting when I'm trying to read. Perhaps if the text windows weren't quite as transparent that would work as well.

• 9115 posts
    September 28, 2015 9:50 PM PDT

The forums, as mentioned previously, is still a WIP, so bear with us while we put the final touches on and fix a few issues.

• 20 posts
    September 29, 2015 11:32 PM PDT

The new site was part of why i took the plunge and shot a few of my Swedish crowns into the game. I'd considered it before, i'd even come close on two occasions, but the new site was what made me go "Yep - now it's time."

I think that's a pretty clear statement :). Awesome job, guys.

• 781 posts
    September 30, 2015 12:10 AM PDT

Awesome Visionary Team !  You guys are rockin right along... i can't wait to see the finished work !