Forums » General Support

Hidden Login On New Site

• 680 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:33 AM PDT

Seems the login for the new site is VERY well hidden.

Otherwise, the site looks FANTASTIC !!!

Kudos to the team who put this together.

• 680 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:36 AM PDT

As an aside, can't seem to find a way to log out other than completely closing the browser.

• 337 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:44 AM PDT

The site looks great.  Are there any plans to update the trainwreck forums software (i remember it was being discussed at one point)?  IP Board is much better than this.

• 337 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:49 AM PDT

Also, if you are going to leave the forums as they are, please do something to darken the background behind posts, the picture is great but it makes a little harder to read.  And for the love of god, please do something about the notifications that are being resent from the early days when the site was released.  I don't want to see another notification that TWAnderson has added me as a friend.

• 8909 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:53 AM PDT

Thanks guys! :)

We still have a few things to iron out guys, this is a soft launch for us so we can use the next week to fix any site related issues and then we can go forward with promoting the new official site, so bare with us as we work a few bugs out :)

This post was edited by Kilsin at September 24, 2015 6:54 AM PDT
    • 502 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:54 AM PDT

I had tweeted Kilsin earlier, they are working on the login issue.  For those of you who are trying to login, this is how I did it: Click on your forum avatar and at this point in time it takes you to a sign in page.

@ Reht lol   @ Kilsin - srry we posted at the same time.

Yes the site looks great!

This post was edited by Zarriya at September 24, 2015 11:10 AM PDT
    • 680 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:59 AM PDT
    Zarriya said:

I had tweeted Kilsin earlier, they are working on the login issue.  For those of you who are trying to login, this is how I did it: Click on your forum avatar and at this point in time it takes you to a sign in page.

@ Reht lol   @ Kilsin - srry we posted at the same time.

Yes the site looks great!

OMG, you forgot to put QUEST SPOILER ALERT in your post.

For anyone trying to do the second half of the quest  (Logout)  Look on your computer for a button which looks like this....

This post was edited by Celandor at September 24, 2015 8:00 AM PDT
    • 26 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:30 AM PDT

Yikes. I never would have figured out how to log in. New site is looking great. Happy to finally see some progress being made. 

• 688 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:32 AM PDT

Haha, I clicked Kilsin's name to send a message about the login, and then it took me to the login page. 

And I agree, need some background to post, the image makes it difficult to read posts.

Overall, the new site is awesome.

This post was edited by Fulton at September 24, 2015 8:00 AM PDT
    • 425 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:42 AM PDT
    Zarriya said:

For those of you who are trying to login, this is how I did it: Click on your forum avatar and at this point in time it takes you to a sign in page.

If I could give you more than one "thank you" for this I would!  Thanks so much! This is one time I don't mind spoilers. =)

On a related note, Kilsin, I tried to add rep for Zarriya and it didn't work. I can click on the "add rep" link above their post but then it just hangs.

• 337 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:45 AM PDT

Will there be an update on the state of the game any time soon?

• 749 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:52 AM PDT

Looks awesome dudes!  The suspense was nearly too much to handle yesterday when I noticed the old site was "Under Maintenance".  My F5 key no longer works so I'll be expecting a replacment keyboard in the mail soon, Kilsin! ;)

*Adds to pledge level* "New Keyboard for Nikademis"

• 77 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:54 AM PDT

So far this looks very very nice!  Totally exciting to see all the new!

• 8909 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:04 AM PDT
    Reht said:

Will there be an update on the state of the game any time soon?

Once we get a few things sorted out on the site, we will start releasing more information mate, we are using this as a soft release and in the coming weeks once we work out the kinks, we will start pushing out more info, so watch this space and please bare with us while we fix a few small issues, the forums will not remain like this, we just hit a bump :)

• 4 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:12 AM PDT

Thank you for point out how to sign in!

• 21 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:37 AM PDT

New site looks absolutely fantastic guys. Kudos to your web team.

• 10 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:43 AM PDT

test

yay! New site looks great, love the new information

One thing, the forum background is a little distracting when trying to read so I go with that as a suggestion :)

This post was edited by Oberon at September 24, 2015 2:22 PM PDT
    • 1022 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:30 PM PDT
    Reht said:

Also, if you are going to leave the forums as they are, please do something to darken the background behind posts, the picture is great but it makes a little harder to read.  And for the love of god, please do something about the notifications that are being resent from the early days when the site was released.  I don't want to see another notification that TWAnderson has added me as a friend.

Agreed with Reht - site looks great and much more professional; however, the transparent forums with the background image make the forums a bit harder to read.  I'd recommend darkening them as well.  If the current format is here to stay, I'd prefer all text placed in a backdrop similar to what is happening when you quote currently - it creates the gray box background behind the text which makes it much easier to read.  Maybe have that option toggleable if someone were to prefer full transparency in the forums.

This post was edited by Raidan at September 24, 2015 6:38 PM PDT