Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Where's the love?

• 174 posts
    July 5, 2015 8:58 AM PDT

Shouldn't there be crafting classes added to this list of Pantheon classes?  Surely there must be some, absolutely, will be in game classes, that can be added, in an attempt to let those folks that identify with said classes stir up a bit of conversation... Perhaps said list would best be under crafting?  I would think it would be safe adding blacksmith, and probably breaking that down into armorer and weapon smith, etc.  Listing classes would allow the chefs to come out of the woodwork, and express what they'd like to see, brew masters too.  Max63's thread on crafting in Pantheon has a nice start on professions to be considered.  I think it might give the opportunity for those that view crafting as equally important as adventuring a place to express their ideas on what they'd like to see for the various classes, and maybe suggest another class or two that haven't been considered. 

Just a thought as I continue to lurk and wait...

• 9115 posts
    July 5, 2015 4:10 PM PDT

Crafting isn't a class, Chimerical, it's a sphere or a profession and we are not at the stage to discuss it this early in development mate, but as soon as we push out this next big update, we can certainly talk about it, Crafters haven't been forgotten.

I will go ahead and move this to the Crafting subforum, where it is better suited for discussion. ;)

• 174 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:42 AM PDT

A rose by any other name... how about we refer to them as trades?  Regardless I'm just hoping to keep some conversation going in the crafting forum.  There are even listings for expansion classes on the adventuring side!  Not looking for fleshed out descriptions, just a place to hang my tailoring apron for a time.  I realize the developers attention is elsewhere, just thought it might give crafting devotees something to do in the interim.  If nothing else I've now made the latest reply date in crafting 7/7, much better than the previous 4/13 reply that was languishing there!

• 9115 posts
    July 7, 2015 4:23 PM PDT
    Chimerical said:

A rose by any other name... how about we refer to them as trades?  Regardless I'm just hoping to keep some conversation going in the crafting forum.  There are even listings for expansion classes on the adventuring side!  Not looking for fleshed out descriptions, just a place to hang my tailoring apron for a time.  I realize the developers attention is elsewhere, just thought it might give crafting devotees something to do in the interim.  If nothing else I've now made the latest reply date in crafting 7/7, much better than the previous 4/13 reply that was languishing there!

Yeah sure, trades, trade skilling, professions, jobs, they are just not classes lol ;)

I am all for discussion amongst yourselves mate, I encourage it! I just cannot give any information on this topic yet from the teams perspective or from an official capacity as we are not ready to start this discussion until we finish some other major mechanics, features and goals.

Crafting is important to us though, and especially so to me, as I always max out one of every crafter in every game I play (well usually...depending on the crafting system) so once we are able to talk more about it officially, I will be able to help answer more questions, until then I can't really say any more on the subject.

Feel free to start a discussion with other community members or add to some of the already existing topics that have some great information in them until we are ready though, Chimerical. :)

• 578 posts
    August 19, 2015 1:05 PM PDT

From what I'm getting out of this old post is that Chimerical was asking for distinct segregated forum sections for crafting areas such as Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, etc. So we could have distinguished areas to post blacksmithing topics vs leatherworking topics. But as Kils stated crafting really isn't on the table as of right now so those individual crafting tiers are undisclosed at the moment.

• 174 posts
    August 20, 2015 7:37 AM PDT
    NoobieDoo said:

From what I'm getting out of this old post is that Chimerical was asking for distinct segregated forum sections for crafting areas such as Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, etc. So we could have distinguished areas to post blacksmithing topics vs leatherworking topics. But as Kils stated crafting really isn't on the table as of right now so those individual crafting tiers are undisclosed at the moment.

That's what I'm hoping for eventually.  I think it might stimulate a bit of conversation, if folks could talk about their favorite profession.  Looks like it might have to wait for the new and improved site?  I would like to see tradeskilling put on an equal footing with adventuring at that point, at least in site layout, if not time spent programming.  Imagine the epic score Joppa will come up with for the battle of tailor versus dragon scale!