Forums » General Support

Now where do I put....

    • 295 posts
    January 30, 2015 6:21 AM PST

    Since the store has been closed/removed, I have a question.  Where/how does one go about increasing one's pledge level?  I am expecting Tax return soon and I am budgeting out where and how to spend it.  I want to increase the wife's and my pledge level but to do that I used to have to go into the store to raise it.  So, what is the new method of raising pledges/donations for the game?  It would be nice if there was a way to get back to my homepage when I click on the shop option on the toolbar. 

     

    Also thought it might be nice if there was an option to donate/pledge more from the home page of an individual?  I click on my avatar and it takes me to my profile and that would be a good place to put it if you do not want to seem desperate for money on the home page. 

     

    Edit - (per mod/guidelines) oh yeah, also thought that sense Income tax return time is coming up very quickly here in the USA, it might be helpful to have a clearly marked/easy to find way of donating/pledging


    This post was edited by Sogotp at January 31, 2015 1:59 PM PST
    • 295 posts
    January 30, 2015 6:27 AM PST

    Edited - Double post


    This post was edited by Sogotp at January 31, 2015 2:00 PM PST
    • Moderator
    • 8664 posts
    January 30, 2015 7:04 AM PST

    Thanks for the feedback Sogotp :)

    This is something we are working on right now, we actually were discussing this last night/yesterday, we would like to add an option to the site to allow members to freely add as much or as little as they like and have it linked with their account/sub/pledge but we are looking into whether this site will allow us to do that and if not, what other options we may have available.

    Also,

    As a big bad Moderator reminder (rawr!), in future please edit your Original Post (OP) if you have further information or after thoughts to add, instead of double posting, as it is against forum guidelines, you can do this by clicking the edit button at the top right corner of your post and adding "P.S." or "Edit:" to the bottom of your original post. :)

    If at any time you forget and make a second post and then correct yourself after posting, please edit your second post and type in "Please Delete" and a team member will be happy to fix that up for you.

    • 28 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:52 AM PST

    I want to second Sogotp, as this was something I was thinking about too.

     

    On a more important note:

    Sogotp,

      So you are in charge of Humanoid Derived Foodstuffs.  Is that Humanoid cuisine or food made from Humanoids?  If that later, so what does Goblin or Orc taste like?  It strikes me as very tough... ;)

     

    Kilsin,

      You know it is better to be Infamous rather than Famous as you are more resistant to fades and disappointments! ;)

     

     


    This post was edited by DanF at January 30, 2015 5:36 PM PST
  • January 30, 2015 8:54 AM PST

    I understand the reasoning and actually agree with the decision.  I sincerely wish there would have been a forewarning.

     

    I do not like paypal (because of olden days) and I have always found other ways to pay people/businesses.  I despise the site actually, and do not like it anymore after setting up an account and finally getting money to show up in my balance, in the last couple of weeks.  I did it only to pledge to Pantheon.  Now, it's a wasted venture. 

     

    Not your fault, VRI,  but advance notice would have been great.

     

    • Moderator
    • 8664 posts
    January 30, 2015 5:38 PM PST
    BloodbeardBattlecaster said:

    I understand the reasoning and actually agree with the decision.  I sincerely wish there would have been a forewarning.

     

    I do not like paypal (because of olden days) and I have always found other ways to pay people/businesses.  I despise the site actually, and do not like it anymore after setting up an account and finally getting money to show up in my balance, in the last couple of weeks.  I did it only to pledge to Pantheon.  Now, it's a wasted venture. 

     

    Not your fault, VRI,  but advance notice would have been great.

     

    We had thought of that but a forewarning would of lead to a rush of purchases of items we wanted to review, so our decision was to take effect immediately without warning so we could manage that aspect of it.

    We are looking into ways to allow members to donate towards their pledge freely and we will announce if/when we are able to do that mate.

    • 295 posts
    February 14, 2015 2:38 PM PST

    So who do I talk with about donating/adding more money? 

     

    DanF@ - Goblin tastes much like lizard.  Orc tastes like pork  of course!!  of course there are all kinds of various herbs and spices that one can use to alter and enhance or change the flavor of whatever foodstuff one has.  I am hoping to create my own cookbook and sell it to others...

    • Moderator
    • 8664 posts
    February 14, 2015 5:30 PM PST
    Sogotp said:

    So who do I talk with about donating/adding more money? 

     

    DanF@ - Goblin tastes much like lizard.  Orc tastes like pork  of course!!  of course there are all kinds of various herbs and spices that one can use to alter and enhance or change the flavor of whatever foodstuff one has.  I am hoping to create my own cookbook and sell it to others...

    For the moment Sogotp, you can continue subscriptions to build up over time or pick a pledge and purchase it either by a single donation or over time for some of the larger ones.

    We are working hard on getting something added to allow more freedom in donating to give as much or as little as you like to customise a good pledge for you but we are working within the limitations of this website.

    Hopefully we will be able to get something out soon but we will have to wait and see.

    • 295 posts
    February 15, 2015 12:35 PM PST

    Ok kilsin but here is a question for you.  Since I am already a decent amount donated, I do not have the option of purchasing the required amount to get to the pledge level I am wanting to get to.  So in the subscription window when I click the tier I want to get to I have to pledge the full $500 instead of doing the amount I need to get to that level.  So once again who do I talk to about solving this financial dilemma?

    • Moderator
    • 8664 posts
    February 15, 2015 4:21 PM PST
    Sogotp said:

    Ok kilsin but here is a question for you.  Since I am already a decent amount donated, I do not have the option of purchasing the required amount to get to the pledge level I am wanting to get to.  So in the subscription window when I click the tier I want to get to I have to pledge the full $500 instead of doing the amount I need to get to that level.  So once again who do I talk to about solving this financial dilemma?

    As I mentioned above mate, there is no other way except for the two I described, which is a side effect of closing the store. I explained that we are working hard on finding a way to resolve this and hopefully will have an answer soon that will allow people to donate as much or as little as they want, which will help people in your situation.

    • 36 posts
    March 6, 2015 2:38 PM PST
    Hey guys,

    I do have a question involving donations and pledges, maybe I should have made another posted? It seemed relevant to this thread at any rate.

    Now that life subs and so forth have been removed from the support page for various pledge tiers for people donating after X date, which was 28/2 from memory? What can we expect? I donated after the cut off date knowing full well I wouldn't get a life sub and further more this wasn't the reasoning to why I donated - I was drawn in to the idea game and wanted to have alpha and beta access. I understand that perks etc have been removed but would alpha and beta access still be on the cards for pathfinder onward donations?
    • Moderator
    • 8664 posts
    March 6, 2015 4:46 PM PST
    medousa said:
    Hey guys, I do have a question involving donations and pledges, maybe I should have made another posted? It seemed relevant to this thread at any rate. Now that life subs and so forth have been removed from the support page for various pledge tiers for people donating after X date, which was 28/2 from memory? What can we expect? I donated after the cut off date knowing full well I wouldn't get a life sub and further more this wasn't the reasoning to why I donated - I was drawn in to the idea game and wanted to have alpha and beta access. I understand that perks etc have been removed but would alpha and beta access still be on the cards for pathfinder onward donations?

    Hi Medousa,

     

    The answer to your question is we are not sure at this stage, we will always honour any purchases and that includes anything you have right now, even if we remove something later on but there is a chance we may remove Alpha once we hit a certain number, as Alpha represents closed select testing in an unstable environment, it's not going to be fun and games, there will be crashes, bugs, imbalance and specific mechanics and features that we will want to test and focus on, so for that reason among many others, we do not want masses of people in Alpha.

    Beta will be for much larger numbers, stress testing the servers and balance (plus final bug sweeps) so we will most likely not remove Beta.

    I just wanted to give you and everyone a heads up that nothing is guaranteed so early in development (except the fact that we will honour anything already purchased). So if you are completely set on getting in and Alpha testing, I would suggest you make sure you have secured a pledge package that includes it sooner rather than later mate.

    I do not have an ETA on Alpha being removed, if it gets removed at all, it will all depend on numbers and what we decide on will be best for testing.


    This post was edited by Kilsin at March 6, 2015 4:46 PM PST