Forums » General Support

• 87 posts
    January 28, 2015 3:32 AM PST
    Does adding reputation actually do anything besides make you feel good inside and save baby kitties ? Thanks :)
    • 645 posts
    January 28, 2015 3:45 AM PST

Think it had something to do with the  points which they are now no longer doing

Not really sure but hey if we can a few baby kitties then I will push the button!

• 8664 posts
    January 28, 2015 4:04 AM PST

"Add Reputation" is only fluff, just like the "Thank" button but if used properly they can be helpful to the Devs and the Community.

To use them properly, I personally "Thank" someone if I find their post interesting, a good topic starter, helpful feedback, helper answers and generally a quality post and I go that extra bit further and use the "Add Reputation" for posts that I completely agree with or that are of top quality posts/replies/discussions/feedback/very helpful.

While the "Add Rep" is only visible via hovering over someones profile (i) the "Thank" is more a show of public support for their post as it shows up under their posts etc. 

I think you got 1 point for "Thank" and not sure about the "Add Rep" system either 1 or 0. It used to be 10 for "Thanks" which was abused.

Careful what you wish for, my trigger finger is still itchy from the Point's and Badge system removal! lol ;)

In all seriousness though, the "Thanks" system could've been very helpful if implemented differently or not so commonly overused but for now, it's just fluff and a way to show support or agree with a post, sometimes the lack of "Thanks" can speak volumes too...I assure you no kittens are involved in the process ;)

/runs off to hide the kitten bag in a better location

This post was edited by Kilsin at January 28, 2015 2:24 PM PST
    • 295 posts
    January 28, 2015 6:25 AM PST

so "thanks" and 'Reputation" is part of a kitten farm now? *shrugs* Seen and done worse things in my life and in games in general.  There seems a to be a lot more fluff stuff around the forums over the past 4 months so why not pull out the big bags of Unicorns and Werewolves ?:)

• 87 posts
    January 28, 2015 11:31 AM PST
    Sogotp said:

so "thanks" and 'Reputation" is part of a kitten farm now? *shrugs* Seen and done worse things in my life and in games in general.  There seems a to be a lot more fluff stuff around the forums over the past 4 months so why not pull out the big bags of Unicorns and Werewolves ?:)

True , there is more fluff , but when substance temporarily is in short supply you either have fun with the fluff or you lurk and let the forum be dead . There's only so many times a person can recycle the same topics about gameplay after all . So until more lore, screenshots, video or info of substance is release , the fluff floweth ;) Thanks for the replies by the way :)
    • 831 posts
    January 28, 2015 1:28 PM PST

I overuse both - and worse, I'm inconsistent in how I overuse them.

I would actually prefer both of them get replaced with a "like" button - but NOT a "thumbs up / thumbs down" type thing. 

• 239 posts
    January 28, 2015 7:52 PM PST

Ya I noticed "some people" thanking every post which really hurt it the system more then it helped it.

• 87 posts
    January 29, 2015 3:58 AM PST
    Whenever I create a thread I thank everyone who participates in it as a thank you for taking part . I see nothing wrong with that . I read each and every post . The only time I do not thank a post is if I strongly disagree or the person is being a troll .