Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Thoughts from my two weeks in game

• 1 posts
    March 31, 2024 11:51 AM PDT
    Discovering an account key in the depths of my emails was a delightful surprise, leading me to download and install a game I've been eagerly following since its early development stages. The graphics have really caught my eye, avoiding the overly cartoonish style seen in games like World of Warcraft, and instead, bringing back the nostalgia of the original EverQuest era that deeply resonated with me.

However, one significant aspect that I feel needs attention to elevate the game's sense of realism and immersion is the water physics. The original EverQuest offered water interactions that closely mimicked those of real water, adding a layer of depth and immersion to the gaming experience. In stark contrast, the water in Thronefest feels akin to walking on a plane of glass, which significantly detracts from the immersive quality of the game. The absence of realistic, interactive water where players can swim and engage with the environment authentically stands out as a glaring oversight. Given the current state of development, I am convinced the game is sufficiently advanced to move from its pre-alpha stage to alpha, a phase where improvements such as this can be incorporated. Highlighting the need for somewhat realistic water physics where you can swim and interact in a manner that emulates real water is vital for preserving the immersion factor that classic games like the original EverQuest mastered.
    • 146 posts
    March 31, 2024 7:54 PM PDT

If you've ever been near a lake during a freezing winter, you would realize the water physics are 100% realistic...

All joking aside, hearing how excited Joppa is for the water mechanics in the season 2 Q&A makes me all the more thrilled for it's arrival whenever it's implemented. 

• 342 posts
    April 2, 2024 7:58 AM PDT

I wouldn't say 100%.  I didnt fall on the water once.  That's totally not like me... lol