Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pixel this!

• 11 posts
    October 29, 2023 8:49 AM PDT
    I mean hell why not go with a pixel style. Every other game out now is pixelated and then you can get the game out in months. I am sure someone could make this game on roblox in no time at all. SARCASM!

PANTHEON had more game play and videos to offer in 2016 and 2017 then anything in last few years. where is all that game play for the alpha backers? I've been waiting to test for 8 years now. What has been going on this entire time to just show artwork, class rework, pipeline, and gray box for the last few years?

Because of all these changes I now know how my wife feels... "disappointed"
    • 2053 posts
    October 29, 2023 11:48 AM PDT

Napalmangel said: where is all that game play for the alpha backers? I've been waiting to test for 8 years now.

If you missed it, the current producer's letter has this quote in it:

"Later this year, 247 access will be retroactively added to any pledge containing Alpha access."

• 194 posts
    October 29, 2023 1:36 PM PDT
    Jothany said:

Napalmangel said: where is all that game play for the alpha backers? I've been waiting to test for 8 years now.

If you missed it, the current producer's letter has this quote in it:

"Later this year, 247 access will be retroactively added to any pledge containing Alpha access."

It's clear they weren't talking about wanting to test 247 for 8 years, Jothany. Nobody even wants to test it in December.
    • 11 posts
    October 29, 2023 1:48 PM PDT
    They had a few locations done (almost done) and being played years ago. That's what I want to.get my hands on. Not the 247 extraction or graphics now.
    • 369 posts
    October 30, 2023 8:03 AM PDT

Napalmangel said: I mean hell why not go with a pixel style. Every other game out now is pixelated and then you can get the game out in months. I am sure someone could make this game on roblox in no time at all. SARCASM! PANTHEON had more game play and videos to offer in 2016 and 2017 then anything in last few years. where is all that game play for the alpha backers? I've been waiting to test for 8 years now. What has been going on this entire time to just show artwork, class rework, pipeline, and gray box for the last few years? Because of all these changes I now know how my wife feels... "disappointed"

Tech demo videos != video of game play

• 2053 posts
    October 30, 2023 6:52 PM PDT

justdrop said: It's clear they weren't talking about wanting to test 247 for 8 years, Jothany. Nobody even wants to test it in December.

It's embarrassing to have to go that far, just to try to tell me I'm wrong.

Your response rests entirely  on the ASSumption that 247 isn't Pantheon. I know that's a popular claim. Sadly, it is wrong. Thousands of alpha testers will see that when they try out 247.

• 194 posts
    October 30, 2023 9:23 PM PDT
    Jothany said:

justdrop said: It's clear they weren't talking about wanting to test 247 for 8 years, Jothany. Nobody even wants to test it in December.

Your response rests entirely on the ASSumption that 247 isn't Pantheon. I know that's a popular claim. Sadly, it is wrong. Thousands of alpha testers will see that when they try out 247.

"Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen places a heavy emphasis on the social aspects of MMORPGs, such as grouping up with other players to overcome challenging encounters, joining guilds, and earning a reputation in the community. Pantheon primarily has a PvE-centric design, although the developers have committed to having at least one PvP server at launch. When creating a character, players choose from nine races and twelve classes. Most races only have access to certain classes. The twelve classes are divided into four class archetypes: Tank, Damage, Healer, and Support (Crowd Control). Each archetype is designed to excel at a specific role in a group setting. While PvE encounters in the game are designed to provide a challenge for a group of players, there are encounters that can be completed by a solo player. Some of the character classes are better suited for this than others, and some encounters may be more difficult and require more creative tactics when soloing, as opposed to grouping. There are also some raid encounters, each of which is designed for either 12, 24, or 40 players."

You have two months for all of this to be true, or else 247 is not Pantheon. And if it isn't, I will revisit this topic.
    • 226 posts
    October 30, 2023 9:35 PM PDT
    justdrop said:
    Jothany said:

Your response rests entirely on the ASSumption that 247 isn't Pantheon. I know that's a popular claim. Sadly, it is wrong. Thousands of alpha testers will see that when they try out 247.

"Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen places a heavy emphasis on the social aspects of MMORPGs, such as grouping up with other players to overcome challenging encounters, joining guilds, and earning a reputation in the community. Pantheon primarily has a PvE-centric design, although the developers have committed to having at least one PvP server at launch. When creating a character, players choose from nine races and twelve classes. Most races only have access to certain classes. The twelve classes are divided into four class archetypes: Tank, Damage, Healer, and Support (Crowd Control). Each archetype is designed to excel at a specific role in a group setting. While PvE encounters in the game are designed to provide a challenge for a group of players, there are encounters that can be completed by a solo player. Some of the character classes are better suited for this than others, and some encounters may be more difficult and require more creative tactics when soloing, as opposed to grouping. There are also some raid encounters, each of which is designed for either 12, 24, or 40 players."

You have two months for all of this to be true, or else 247 is not Pantheon. And if it isn't, I will revisit this topic.

LoL. Mic Dropped.
    • 369 posts
    October 31, 2023 7:49 AM PDT

Jothany said:

Your response rests entirely  on the ASSumption that 247 isn't Pantheon. I know that's a popular claim. Sadly, it is wrong. Thousands of alpha testers will see that when they try out 247.

How many people can queue up together to play together in 247? Not play the same game at the same time, but actually in a world together where they can interact together?

• 11 posts
    October 31, 2023 8:29 AM PDT
    The point of this post was 2 fold. One being graphics change and the second was that for years they showed game play and dungeons with a boss fight and those can be fleshed out and finished for the alpha players to get some time on. Not 247, I get that there isn't tons of content hence alpha testing. They should just put it on early access and add slowly. Could get more out of it while backing up the promise to the pledges.
    • 2053 posts
    October 31, 2023 5:49 PM PDT

arazons said:

How many people can queue up together to play together in 247? Not play the same game at the same time, but actually in a world together where they can interact together?

More than any raid or group quest than I've ever been part of, in AC, WoW or Vanguard.

• 369 posts
    November 1, 2023 6:33 AM PDT

Jothany said:

arazons said:

More than any raid or group quest than I've ever been part of, in AC, WoW or Vanguard.

So you are telling me, that in "247", that you can run around with 70+ other players at the same time in the same instance and interact with each other?

• 2053 posts
    November 3, 2023 8:11 PM PDT

arazons said:

So you are telling me, that in "247", that you can run around with 70+ other players at the same time in the same instance and interact with each other?

Yes. If you can get 70 people to queue up at the same time, they will all wind up in the same instance.

We were told that the instances are arbitrarily limited to no more than 100 people at present for the sake of the testing, not because that's all it could hold.