Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Now I lay me down to sleep...

• 513 posts
    March 15, 2023 4:40 PM PDT

If I should die before I wake - or at least before the game launches - will my pledge go to one of my kids?  Not trying to be a smart ass.  I am 56, have high blood pressure, diabetes, liver disease, and a few other things.  Covid almost killed me in November.  I pledged a LONG time ago and was just wondering if it will go to one of my kids if I kick off.

• 3852 posts
    March 15, 2023 5:54 PM PDT

Good question - I am almost 20 years older though perhaps in better health.

The general answer in most or all of the U.S. is that the promise to provide certain pledge benefits would be a general asset of your estate and would go as directed by your will. If none - usually to children if there is no spouse.

By edit - note that this is a legal answer and reflects what the courts would likely say in the almost inconceivable event anyone wished to dispute the matter in court. As a practical matter all that really matters is what VR would do (see below).

This post was edited by dorotea at March 16, 2023 7:04 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    March 15, 2023 7:40 PM PDT

I'm so sorry for the health problems. :( This is a legitimate question and our CS has a process for this. In the event that this should come up, a family member should contact us.