Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Requesting a small monthly pledge option

• 560 posts
    December 23, 2022 12:13 PM PST

I would like to make a monthly pledge of $14.99. I like this amount seeing as once the game is released I hope this is what I will be paying monthly to play the game. Only thing I would like in return is to have my pledge tire upgraded when and if I hit the next tire level.

I had thought about sending this request directly to support but I hope others might also be interested in a pledge option like this.

I joined in Febuary 2014. If I had this option from day one it would have added up to $1,424.05 in total. I would be a VIP!

This post was edited by Susurrus at December 23, 2022 3:26 PM PST
    • 122 posts
    December 23, 2022 8:41 PM PST

I too, would like this option.  I believe they offer $15/month subscription but that's just for forum access (champion forums I think?).  This would be great though, Already bottom tier VIP here but if I did this I could possibly have a better chance of making mid tier VIP, it's just hard to shell out $2k at once for the next level up.

• 18 posts
    December 24, 2022 7:15 AM PST

I think there are a few out there that would consider this. If it would add on to their current pledge level. 

• 3852 posts
    December 24, 2022 8:02 AM PST

Perhaps off-topic but it does relate to the broader topic of the pledge system.

Somewhere over a year ago VR said they expected to add a la carte pledge options. It was closer to "we are going to do this" than to "we are thinking about it". To date it hasn't happened. I thought at the time it was a good idea and still think so. 

What is an ala carte pledge option? Good question - so I will answer it. An option to add individual benefits to an existing pledge level, or perhaps not to even have a pledge level but to pick things you want off of a menu. Thus - cosmetic backpack - $50. Cosmetic pet $100. Access to demonstration showing what the pre-alpha folks are testing now $150 (one week access to demonstraion of the world as it now exists - NOT giving access to actual testing sessions). Permanent alpha access $500 (meaning VR will keep the alpha server up, on an on and off basis, until beta so we can play with it, but without promising any upgrades or bug fixes after alpha ends). That kind of thing. Examples picked just to show what I mean not because I think they are at all likely - and prices ditto.

This post was edited by dorotea at December 24, 2022 8:04 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 530 posts
    December 24, 2022 9:50 AM PST

These are great suggestions.  I'm not sure what the logistics would be, but I will loop in CS for some info.  Thanks guys!

• VR Staff
    • 342 posts
    December 26, 2022 11:25 AM PST

We have some new things coming with the store revamp. However I don't have a timeline I can share at this time on when that will be completed.

• 560 posts
    December 26, 2022 11:35 AM PST

Thanks for the response. I will wait patiently to see what new options are available.

• 3852 posts
    December 27, 2022 8:10 AM PST

All things will be as the Gods will. I too will wait patiently.

• 174 posts
    December 27, 2022 8:13 AM PST

dorotea said:

All things will be as the Gods will. I too will wait patiently.

Lets just refer to them as devs. No need to deify, they already have big enough heads... :p

• 119 posts
    December 27, 2022 1:07 PM PST

Once we get to Alpha I would bite your hand off for $15/month for access to a test server up on a 'best endevors' basis.

By 'Best Endevors' I mean its up as much as possible, but no promises if there are problems and will get wiped.