Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Guilds

• 2756 posts
    July 11, 2020 1:25 AM PDT

HemlockReaper said:

Guild. Why play online if you want to solo exclusively.

It's not just guild or solo, though. I really really hope it doesn't feel that way.

Grouping should be the primary concern and that you should be able to do with friends, family, strangers and, yes, with guildies.

One thing that turned me off the high level game in EQ eventually was the absolute necessity of a major guild to do pretty much anything.

• 388 posts
    July 11, 2020 10:54 PM PDT

it will have to be guild for me. all my RL friends are dead or married. either way, no longer gaming. 

• 2756 posts
    July 12, 2020 2:35 AM PDT

Flapp said:

it will have to be guild for me. all my RL friends are dead or married. either way, no longer gaming. 

Dangit. As someone who is also 'getting on a bit' I feel for you there. Lots of friends 'disappearing' one way or the other.

I'm trying to get people slowly introduced and 'trained up' in preparation.

We have some time to indoctrinate folks! Hehe

• 121 posts
    July 12, 2020 9:10 AM PDT

I played EQ from launch until about a month into RoK expansion before I even knew what a guild was.  I enjoyed myself quite a bit during that time.  However, joining my first guild changed things drastically.  Guilds make MMORPGs a million times better.  I will say that since being in guilds, I have avoided PUGs like the plague.  After all these years, even though I plan to be in a guild for sure, I really want to get back to doing PUGs again also.  Doing all of one or the other will leave you missing out on some sort of good experiences.