Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In game accessibility options for people with disabilities?

• 1 posts
    March 20, 2020 4:37 AM PDT

Question 1:
    Can we select the quest text to copy it to post in a text to speech program... Ya some of us are disabled. Would be nice to have an in-game text to speech (TTS) option like many of the Ubisoft games uses windows TTS API. You could also add a speech to text (STT) The same as some Microsoft games and Ubisoft have in their game windows has an API for it too.

Question 2:
    Will there be any accessibility options for people with disabilities?

I think this would be important to have for disabled people to be able to enjoy the hard work you put in the quest story. The STT would be good for people with disabilities so they can easily communicate with other players.

This post was edited by Kratomasy at March 20, 2020 6:13 AM PDT
    • 521 posts
    • 115 posts
    March 27, 2020 3:16 AM PDT

I Have been debating bringing this up myself  I find  that with  PD I have problems with the speed combat in many newer  games even  playing  WoW classic  was a push on the speed of combat i can maintain  and ended up leaving wow classic when grouping raiding was the only progression left. 

I really hope that  Pantheon  keeps this in mind  the  one ablity bar and the return of classic eq combat pacing is alot of the draw I had to the game.

• 1618 posts
    March 27, 2020 10:36 AM PDT
    If VR makes colored rings or auras or something that matters for people to notice/avoid, please make the reasonable fit colorblind people like myself.

Maybe a combination of symbols and colors?
    • 3 posts
    January 14, 2021 7:21 AM PST

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I would love it if VR would include TTS support in Pantheon. Based on the most recent CohhCarnage stream, there's going to be tons of lore/dialog to read in this game and it would be great if TTS was an available option.

• 56 posts
    January 14, 2021 6:28 PM PST

I'm all for features to support people who are differently abled - people are able to get the same results by doing things their own way - it doesn't have to mirror the way i do things. I'm also a huge fan of hardware that enables this - there's a lot of cool tech out there now including eye tracking hardware and some pretty bitchin' input devices.

I want to bring this up here for argument sake because there's a thread on third party addons on the front page right now. Would certain accesibility features cross over into the concerns some people have about third party software automating the game for them? I'm sure these are things VR has to consider when adding in accesibility features.

At one point is the burden on the player rather than the developer? There are overlays baked into Nvidia's Geforce experience now that can apply colorblind filters. Should the developer have to implement this into their game when there's already a third party solution?

• 441 posts
    January 15, 2021 8:16 AM PST

Ya my wife is very arthritic and can only play very short play sesions. I would like to set up macros to help her play but VR did tell me ever to help my wife with this. It would most likely be a bandable offence. I understand but it is still upsetting. 

• 902 posts
    January 15, 2021 8:24 AM PST

Nanfoodle: Ya my wife is very arthritic and can only play very short play sesions.

I feel for you both and I do think VR should think about this market a little more than they appear to be. It might be useful for them to add a page or two to the main site stating what their intentions are with regards to accessibilty issues in general.

I am sure you have already checked this out, but there are a number of keyboards and mice out there now that cut down on the stress on the wrists and hands. Low profile, soft touch, angled boards and vertical mice and the like. 

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 15, 2021 8:25 AM PST
    • 441 posts
    January 15, 2021 10:22 AM PST

chenzeme said:

Nanfoodle: Ya my wife is very arthritic and can only play very short play sesions.

I feel for you both and I do think VR should think about this market a little more than they appear to be. It might be useful for them to add a page or two to the main site stating what their intentions are with regards to accessibilty issues in general.

I am sure you have already checked this out, but there are a number of keyboards and mice out there now that cut down on the stress on the wrists and hands. Low profile, soft touch, angled boards and vertical mice and the like. 

Ya, we use several products that help her in that way. It comes down to the number of key presses for her. So being able to macro something like. /Stand, /assist name, /cast a skill1 /delay /cast skill2 /sit. That would cut down on 5 key presses down to one. Seems like little to anyone else but that’s the difference of playing for 30 min or being able to spend an evening having fun. When your whole life is measured by physical restrictions. Its nice to have the freedom to enjoy something in a way, everyone else gets to. Its a small win that makes life a little more worth living. 

This post was edited by Nanfoodle at January 15, 2021 10:22 AM PST