Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

OFFICIAL: New character models 3/5/20

• 200 posts
    March 9, 2020 3:17 PM PDT

Skar - skeleton, reptile, Predator mix. Love em. The large cheek bones are pretty aggresive (questionable?) but I'm ok with that.

Archai - Watchmen Doctor Manhattan. Love em, would like to see frail looking Archai too, I don't think all should look like they are on roids.

Dark Myr - I have really been looking forward to this race (see profile pic) but now I think I might be in the minority. I was kinda let down. I got a "Pre Cog" vibe from the movie Minority Report from them. I heard or read someone say they lacked the Majesty they portrayed from the concept art and I have to agree. But for now, they are kinda meh or bland. They dont look bad or great.

Overall, very nice work. Keep it up!

• 2138 posts
    March 10, 2020 9:36 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

Qulash said:

cephalopod eyes would be fantastic for dark myr.  for archai, one could just add irises that have a rocky appearance, but keep the pupil and the sclera glowy.

omgosh, cuttlefish eyes. 

• 2138 posts
    March 10, 2020 9:45 PM PDT

Barin999 said:

[...]Imagine bears made of algea or hard coral!!  

[...]

Hermit-bears, hibernating in their shells....12 legged spider crabs spinning, no, smearing webs of mucus along walls or pathways, those eye-stalks appearing to lack compassion. Slug-bounders that land on you- ugh!

• 79 posts
    March 11, 2020 12:50 AM PDT

i think the archai look great but id like to see the flame or a red version i assume that ones earth, anyway the  Skar look like something ungodly ate them and **** them out alive, well done thats perfect  fit with the lore, but the poor skar will  be winners of terminous's miss ugly pagent forever, they put  eqs  mountain pookas to  SHAME!, i dont know if i will be able to stand playing one, i second the Dark Myr eyes  should be black and or maybe bigger

• 119 posts
    March 11, 2020 9:45 PM PDT

I'm so down with the idea of cephalopod eyes for the Dark Myr.

Perhaps it wouldn't fit the aethstetic well, but the idea of hair that resembles things like a jellyfish (or kelp, or cephalopod tentacles, etc) that I think other people mentioned would pretty much make the Dark Myr my favorite far beyond any other race :]

• 393 posts
    March 17, 2020 8:33 PM PDT

I'm hugely satisfied and very impressed with these new models! A spectacular effort folks.

Each of the three races behold details and textures that clearly identify with their racial design, lore, and culture. Just fantastic!

Dark Myr: I might consider small fins on forearms and lower legs. Or scaled skin textures. Also, as mentioned, a more aquatic suggestion with the eyes.

Skar: Maybe consider a less anthropocentric posture and more of a beastly one. I would forgo hair with Skar and utilize bone, scale, and even feathered hair composition.

Archai: Perfect. Bodies could be a smidge bulkier. 

I really happy with this and my excitement and aniticipation level just peaked!

• 9115 posts
    March 19, 2020 4:01 AM PDT

This thread has been shared across our official platforms as part of my CM content to further the discussion, please remain on topic and follow the guidelines.

"Hot Topic - New Character Models, have your say! https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/11720/official-new-character-models-3-5-20 #MMORPG #CommunityMatters"

• 79 posts
    March 19, 2020 4:44 AM PDT

can we see the other archai variations like fire?

• 13 posts
    March 20, 2020 1:43 PM PDT

You guys are incredibly talented, very nice work!

• 90 posts
    March 25, 2020 2:45 PM PDT

i dont' like the new female models. They don't look very feminine. i hope they have good character customizations. It's sad the Skar female is the only one that actually has a feminie figure. 

• 1618 posts
    March 26, 2020 6:03 AM PDT

My thoughts, from a less than biological expert...

If a race is not a mammal, since I thought the Skar laid eggs, why do they need breasts?

Also, why do some races need underwear and others do not? Why races without mammalian reproduction still look like they have mammalian parts?

• 1281 posts
    March 26, 2020 7:51 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

My thoughts, from a less than biological expert...

If a race is not a mammal, since I thought the Skar laid eggs, why do they need breasts?

Also, why do some races need underwear and others do not? Why races without mammalian reproduction still look like they have mammalian parts?

The platypus lays eggs and also breast feeds their young.  There is biological precedent for it.  Bilateral symmetry is almost a universal constant amongst higher order beings whether they be mamallian, insectoid, or reptillian.  Seahorses are fish yet give birth to live young.  Sharks give birth to live young, and are also fish.  There is almost always an exception in nature to every "rule".  What's to say that they're not an underwater mammal like whales, dolphins, or seals?  Especially given that their cities are both under water and on solid ground.

• 2419 posts
    March 26, 2020 8:38 AM PDT

Beefcake said:

Also, why do some races need underwear and others do not?

Yeah, I don't get that one either.  As for the rest of it, I'll bet it was for simplicity sake.  One base body design that just has different textures wrapped around it so VR only needs to make 1 set of armor that maps easily to every body type without ugly distortions. Its why the Skar lost their digitigrade legs after all.