Forums » News and Announcements

PANTHEON DEVSTREAM! Tomorrow, Thursday March 5, 6:00 PM PST

• 9115 posts
    March 4, 2020 2:34 PM PST

PANTHEON DEVSTREAM! Tomorrow, Thursday March 5, 6:00 PM PST - http://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms - we'd love to have you join us for this development update. It will be recorded as well. See you there!

• 6 posts
    March 4, 2020 3:04 PM PST

Yaaaaas!!!!!!!!!!

• 557 posts
    March 4, 2020 3:23 PM PST

Heya, Kilsin.  Thanks for the update.   Any hint as to the topic(s)?

• 53 posts
    March 4, 2020 4:24 PM PST

Awesome.  Will be there :)

• 9115 posts
    March 4, 2020 4:28 PM PST

Celandor said:

A reveal of ....something(s).....:D

• 1273 posts
    March 4, 2020 4:31 PM PST

Awwww, you should have made my post the official announcment instead of deleting it :-p  

Just kidding...and also...YAY!  

• 1860 posts
    March 4, 2020 6:12 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Celandor said:

Racial Actives confirmed! thanks kils ;)

• 217 posts
    March 4, 2020 6:19 PM PST

Yeay!!!!

I am SO EXCITE!!!

CYA THEN!!

• 379 posts
    March 4, 2020 6:26 PM PST

philo said:

My guess: The new concept models they used (or will use) for the new Archai, Skar, and Dark Myr.

• 34 posts
    March 4, 2020 9:10 PM PST

I hate to be the killjoy in this thread, but I can't really get excited for these any more. It feels more like trolling than really giving us any information and then them giving the same excuses over and over for why there is no information or slow progress. We know Pantheon won't release this year. Hell, we can't even be sure we will see the next phase of Pre-alpha testing let alone Alpha this year. There are classes we haven't even seen yet, classes that don't seem to have even been very well defined (the Druid is a good example-- Cleric = big numbers healer, Shaman = HoT healer which leaves Druid as...."indirect" IE: more work and time for equal or lesser effect healer? That doesn't sound well thought out.). I mean there are a ton of concerns I have for the game right now, but we get to talk about... UI elements... Lore... and dying over and over again (yay? I thought that was the not-so-fun part. =p)

I'm looking forward to the game itself, but I am so tired of the bread crumbs.

• 287 posts
    March 4, 2020 9:35 PM PST

Souldrake said:

I hate to be the killjoy in this thread, but I can't really get excited for these any more. It feels more like trolling than really giving us any information and then them giving the same excuses over and over for why there is no information or slow progress. We know Pantheon won't release this year. Hell, we can't even be sure we will see the next phase of Pre-alpha testing let alone Alpha this year. There are classes we haven't even seen yet, classes that don't seem to have even been very well defined (the Druid is a good example-- Cleric = big numbers healer, Shaman = HoT healer which leaves Druid as...."indirect" IE: more work and time for equal or lesser effect healer? That doesn't sound well thought out.). I mean there are a ton of concerns I have for the game right now, but we get to talk about... UI elements... Lore... and dying over and over again (yay? I thought that was the not-so-fun part. =p)

Ya can't be too tired because you mustered up the strength to post about it.

• 9 posts
    March 4, 2020 10:47 PM PST
    Looking forward to it!!
    • 1479 posts
    March 4, 2020 11:25 PM PST

Souldrake said:

You should probably take a break from the forum for a while if every new is taken as an insult, it's not good for you neither for anyone. Long term goals, patience and comprehension can be really hard to manage especially around a game that is much awaited but still has a long road ahead.

• 627 posts
    March 5, 2020 2:37 AM PST
    Summoner, summoner let us see the summoner! :)
    • 557 posts
    March 5, 2020 4:24 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Celandor said:

Reported for abuse.

• 5 posts
    March 5, 2020 5:26 AM PST

Souldrake said:

I've just never understood the hate for innovative classes.  The "if it isn't a cleric it isn't a real healer" attitude astounds me. It's like people think if you're job isn't to hide in a corner and cast Complete Heal, then you aren't really a healer. 

• 1921 posts
    March 5, 2020 7:19 AM PST

Souldrake said: ... I'm looking forward to the game itself, but I am so tired of the bread crumbs.
    You're expecting transparency when the FAQ hasn't been updated in ~3 years?
    Development, effort, design, theorycrafting, or whatever you want to call it, post-failed-kickstarter just passed the 6 year anniversary for this piece of software.
    They're not going to change their communication style or suddenly start being transparent.  This is their deal, this is how they are.
    The direct consequence of "indie" or independent development is not having to answer to anyone.  As in, they have absolutely no accountability to provide anything to anyone, include the community that has been following the development, effort, design, theorycrafting, or whatever you want to call it, for the past 6 years. 

No dates.  No updates.  No progress.  No design document.  No design decisions.  No logical design.  No models.  No UML output.  No public design goals.  No milestones.  No metrics.  No reports.  No budgets. Nothing. Nothing.  The realized dream of independent software development is exactly zero accountability to anyone for anything.  They could, if desired, take all the money, forever and produce exactly nothing, forever.  It's the patronage model for creative endeavors or artists, without any creative control whatsoever on the part of those providing the money.  It's the artistic equivalent of utopia, because the patron/sponsor has no power or authority.

Look at it this way, Souldrake..  If this had been a "big studio" project, where more money or budget is released as each project milestone is achieved?  It would have been cancelled back in 2015.
    At least the past 4 years may be an historical example to learn from, for other teams looking to walk this path.

• 99 posts
    March 5, 2020 7:31 AM PST

Celandor said:

Kilsin said:

Celandor said:

Reported for abuse.

Excellent reply to Kilsin's post it made me laugh. As to what we would see in the stream beats me I was not expecting to see much after all the fearthale stream seems hard to top. But then I read Kilsin's post and now the possibilities of the stream seem endless gah Maybe PA5 announcement?

This post was edited by SugarWood at March 5, 2020 9:34 AM PST
    • 2419 posts
    March 5, 2020 8:01 AM PST

vjek said:

As in, they have absolutely no accountability to provide anything to anyone, include the community that has been following the development, effort, design, theorycrafting, or whatever you want to call it, for the past 6 years.

Or the multiple hundreds of people who each put  $1,000 into the VR coffers to get this off the ground?  Without us, every person at VR would be in the unemployment line.

• 523 posts
    March 5, 2020 8:47 AM PST

Development is slow, it's true the game may never release.  But there's a chance and that's what most of us are here for.  I enjoy these updates, some are better than others, but they tend to be informative.  The team at VR is well aware of how much we all want to see this game.  They restarted the game three years ago or so from scratch, basically when Joppa took over.  If you look at it from that point, development is not quite as slow.  Nobody does though, it's always the kickstarter six years ago with a completely different team and game road map.  That game died.  This game has not as of yet, and it seems they are making decent progress.  We all know that Project Faerthale is about creating a comprehensive game demo that can get big dollar investments on board to get the game to launch.  The crowdfunders helped get the game to this point, to have a chance at impressing the multi-million investors.  Now VR has to polish this thing up and see if they can get any bites.  They only have a limited shot at this so PF has to be right.  If they don't get those big investors with PF, then you guys can ring the death knell.  Until then, lets encourage them.  They have more riding on this game launching and being successful than we do.

• 557 posts
    March 5, 2020 10:27 AM PST

Not to undersell the contribution of the thousands of people who have pledged to Pantheon, but let's not lose sight of the fact that VR got a significant round of funding in 2017.

http://visionaryrealms.com/visionary-realms-closes-series-a-funding-for-highly-anticipated-videogame-pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/

Seriously guys, if you're getting totally burned out watching the movement of the Pantheon glacier, take a break.  Making gross generalizations and complaining about the pace here isn't helping at all.  

• 388 posts
    March 5, 2020 10:53 AM PST

nice. looking forward to it!

• 185 posts
    March 5, 2020 11:57 AM PST

philo said:

Kilsin said:

Celandor said:

Anyone whos been paying any attention to the game for the last 5 years knows exactly what this big reveal is going to be. New climbing animations.

• 1860 posts
    March 5, 2020 12:44 PM PST

Mathir said:

They restarted the game three years ago or so from scratch, basically when Joppa took over. 

I have a suspicion you may be right (I thought it was a bit before then), but please reference where you got that information.  AFAIK this was never talked about.  

It's one thing to have been following closely enough to put the timeline together, it's another thing to state it as fact as you did. You can PM me if you want to do it that way.

This post was edited by philo at March 5, 2020 1:57 PM PST
    • 1 posts
    March 5, 2020 3:57 PM PST

Wow, did I pick a good day to pledge or what! Much excite, very amaze!