Forums » Support

Alpha Testing/Game Download

• 6 posts
    February 17, 2020 11:30 AM PST

I pledged at the Pathfinder's level which comes with Alpha testing. Is there someplace to go to download the game and start looking around? I noticed patch notes talking about this like "Fixed bug where a group member's status bar did not display correctly." Is that just the devs groups or are players actively alpha testing? 

• 217 posts
    February 17, 2020 11:38 AM PST

That is Devs and internal testers.

Pre-Alpha testing is currently inactive but, I feel as it (PA5) shall become active reasonably soon. At least I hope so, as its been in hiatus since Dec 2018, as the team fixxes the bugs found from PA4 and further developes the game. Tuesday there is a stream that will be showcasing some of what theyve been up to.

• 502 posts
    February 17, 2020 1:06 PM PST

Also, "pre-alpha" testing is still the current phase that the game is in and Triumvirate's Pledge is the lowest level pledge that gets you into pre-alpha. Alpha is sounding fairly close from all I hear, but fairly close to me means this coming fall or winter. Your mileage may vary :)

When they decide to open Alpha testing, you will get an email with links and instructions.

Thanks for pledging and welcome to the forums.

• 50 posts
    February 17, 2020 1:41 PM PST

Caldermi said:

I pledged at the Pathfinder's level which comes with Alpha testing. Is there someplace to go to download the game and start looking around? I noticed patch notes talking about this like "Fixed bug where a group member's status bar did not display correctly." Is that just the devs groups or are players actively alpha testing? 

As part of the new developers updates they have decided to include patch notes so we can also see what changes have been made and helps give the community a more well rounded understanding as to what all they have been up to. Personally, I really appreciate the updates.

As for Alpha testing - its not out yet it is still in Pre-Alpha (PA) PA-5 is set to start soon. Tune in to the live stream with the developers tomorrow! :)

• 8763 posts
    February 17, 2020 2:33 PM PST

Moved to Support as it is a question relating to the game's testing and download.

As mentioned, we are currently in between Pre-Alpha testing phases and will release more information on Alpha once we are ready to move forward with that phase of testing.

• 1163 posts
    February 18, 2020 5:22 AM PST

It is important to note that, based on waht the devs have said, that the pre-Alpha has been scripted testing, and, most likely, Alpha will also be scripteed testing.  Alpha is not going to be "early access" to traditional gameplay like with most games "selling early access" to Alpha and Beta.

• 12 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:22 AM PST

Edit; I believe I have found my answer 

This post was edited by Huesing at February 20, 2020 12:00 PM PST