Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Regen VS Instant heal

• 1428 posts
    February 18, 2020 8:43 AM PST

ShaggNasty said:

I believe the Shaman's kit looks rather impressive - along with the ability to slow a target by X%  seems to me it would make the Shaman fully capable of solo healing a named target using melee abilities like Sundersmith shown in the December stream. Albeit - more timing and skill may be required on all parts of the group members, I think it seems capable. And, as stated before - we've not seen everything the classes have to offer - also the living codex upgrades to the abilities could play another huge role in later character development.

not to mention, based on text description, there is no limit to how many moms can go out.  i could spam cast it on the entire party :o

• 159 posts
    February 18, 2020 10:14 AM PST

What is a moms?

• 1428 posts
    February 18, 2020 10:21 AM PST

Vander said:

What is a moms?

le "mantal ole mistiqoh"s

• 159 posts
    February 18, 2020 10:33 AM PST
    Mantle of Mist

Water Boon. A powerful ability that heals your ally over time, recovering up to X% more Health with each pulse the longer the effect lasts.

I just noticed that.    If shaman can stack that HoT. That'll change my views on the shaman. Are you sure you can stack Mantle of Mist?

• 1428 posts
    February 18, 2020 11:16 AM PST

Vander said:

Mantle of Mist

Water Boon. A powerful ability that heals your ally over time, recovering up to X% more Health with each pulse the longer the effect lasts.

I just noticed that.    If shaman can stack that HoT. That'll change my views on the shaman. Are you sure you can stack Mantle of Mist?

i think people want it to stack.

i'm against it since i think mom should be a duration refresh if i recast the spell.

in essence, shaman sustain healing gets better as the fight goes on.

This post was edited by NoJuiceViscosity at February 19, 2020 8:11 AM PST
    • 36 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:18 PM PST

I wonder if they gave cohh the shaman today because of this thread.

• 159 posts
    February 18, 2020 1:38 PM PST

Tagaderm said:

I wonder if they gave cohh the shaman today because of this thread.

If they did. I appreciate it. As a future shaman player the stream today help smooth over some concerns I had. /Hugs VR team.....

It also shows the team is involved with the community and listen to the pledgers. That is never a bad thing in my book.

• 627 posts
    February 18, 2020 8:17 PM PST
    First off thank you all at VR for a niice stream and to show us more details of the shaman. The class looks really fun! The stream was great, i was surpriced on how many abilities that was ready in the Spell book, the upgrades was cool also, maybe i thought of it the wrong way, id thought we had option or paths to chose from when building a skill?

Like i could select "chance to clence poison" or somthing els that build the skill different direction. Maybe i got it wrong. :) but very cool non the less.

With the surge of power theres good hope for Shaman heals ill stop my "consern and my worries" :) Onward & Upwards friends!
    • 1428 posts
    February 19, 2020 8:12 AM PST

BamBam said: First off thank you all at VR for a niice stream and to show us more details of the shaman. The class looks really fun! The stream was great, i was surpriced on how many abilities that was ready in the Spell book, the upgrades was cool also, maybe i thought of it the wrong way, id thought we had option or paths to chose from when building a skill? Like i could select "chance to clence poison" or somthing els that build the skill different direction. Maybe i got it wrong. :) but very cool non the less. With the surge of power theres good hope for Shaman heals ill stop my "consern and my worries" :) Onward & Upwards friends!

hm maybe i should try this with enchanters so i can see what's going on with them.

enchanters are crap!  they are bot tier!  no one will take it in a group!  they don't do damage!  they don't provide any utility!  bards are just going to take a dump on enchanters!

• 627 posts
    February 19, 2020 9:15 AM PST
    You do you Stella :) i genuinely was interested in this topic and to discuss HoTs healing. I might have used some tigger words to get ppl firedup and engage. Im not sure this topic is the resons we saw Shamans in the last stream maybe theres other resons. Non the less, it was a plesant surprice indeed!
    • 1428 posts
    February 19, 2020 9:27 AM PST

BamBam said: You do you Stella :) i genuinely was interested in this topic and to discuss HoTs healing. I might have used some tigger words to get ppl firedup and engage. Im not sure this topic is the resons we saw Shamans in the last stream maybe theres other resons. Non the less, it was a plesant surprice indeed!

coincidence?!  I THINK NOT!

jkjk

nah i'm cool.  i'm pretty content they put in a gcd.  technically we did get more slots, 14 total las8 and lus6 split?

• 627 posts
    February 19, 2020 9:59 AM PST
    Ye true :)
    • 768 posts
    February 19, 2020 10:21 AM PST

I was thinking about your thread, BamBam during this stream. Seems like you found some comfort there.

• 888 posts
    February 22, 2020 10:16 PM PST

stellarmind said:

Counterfleche said: I think HoTs should stack, so long as it is from different casters (or a different spell from the same person). They should stack, but with diminishing returns and a cap on max healing per tick to prevent abuse. Without some stacking, a second HoT healer is basically useless, unlike a second direct healer.

could you define "stacking"?

like shaman mom stacking or like shaman mom and cleric hot stacking?

then again have 3 shamans stacking mom then all can refresh the stacked hot with one shaman casting htp would be insanely broken.(also can we refresh the duration by recasting the spell?  if that is the case then shamans being able to nonstop refresh the mom would become the most effective healer in long fights.)

unique hots could work.

that way, it is encouraged to have a diverse healers.

eh i'd definitely limit the shaman's mom.  it's way too good if it can be stacked

I meant stacking as in both HoTs will tick and heal at the same time.  Each addtional HoT will have increasingly decreasing efficiency in order to prevent exploitation.  My fear is that if they can't stack, that having a second Shaman on the team will be waisted, which isn't the case with having two direct healers.