Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Would You Rather - Wait in line to camp a named

• 1428 posts
    February 18, 2020 10:20 AM PST

Fragile said: Wait in line? You mean just snipe it and take the loot? The road to the top doesn't have detours! :-P

and that's why i play on a pvp server so i can kill potential snipers.  if the sniper can kill me then all is fair in the game of love and war :D

• 5 posts
    February 19, 2020 1:08 PM PST
    I would camp it but not wait in line.
    • 5 posts
    February 19, 2020 1:09 PM PST
    Unless the wait is short
    • 135 posts
    February 21, 2020 10:55 AM PST

It depends im all for camping  and waiting my turn but   the drop should not be obtainable more then once a person  unless you die and lose it you may reget it after death. Otherwise you will have fights over spawns conflict between players and ingame arguments and those arent good for the game.It would no longer be fun just fustrating.  Their is so many better ways to implement  rare  named spawns. 

The best design would be one of the below. 

option 1  Get a hidden key go loot your chest theres a chance a  named mob spawns only to you or your groupYour group can not kill it more then once until another key is obtained.  

option 2 Perhaps unique spawns such as cast a certain spell in a hidden place  it spawns a random  mob that has a chance to be  that named rare. But the place could change and would have a cooldown on spawn for the person not the mob  and only ablle to be attacked by the persons group. Say you can try every 10 minutes to get it to spawn per person. You might summon a elite normal mob  it may summon a named rare or a demi boss. This creates exploration, limits kill stealing and conflict. It also really makes the possibility of hidden  treasure everywhere ingame. This is a way to keep players revisiting every zone forever. In patches more hidden mobs could be added. It  is rewarding players for obtaining hidden spells. The cool about this is the possibilitys are endless. 

Top of the city Thronefast  tower click a rogue spell  and a enemy assasin appears out of the shadows. 

A certain  mage fire spell is cast in a dark cavern  a  rare named ghost appears.

Use a  heroic buff on a battlefield  for your group and a fallen knight rises from the ashes. 

option 3 your perception of the area  has a chance for you to find a mob that only your group or you may attack it is invisible to  those who do not have that perception class or level. 

This post was edited by Kiera at February 21, 2020 12:19 PM PST
    • 9 posts
    February 21, 2020 12:43 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Would You Rather - Wait in line to camp a named for a chance at a drop you need or grind out the cash and buy it from another player? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Neither.

I'd rather have a complex or involved quest chain or series of events that I could do with my friends to achieve said item.IMO Camping is just another variation of grinding. instead, make it interesting and challenging, w/o dropping people into a time war over a mob respawn.

• 801 posts
    February 22, 2020 12:07 PM PST

I would rather PVP the rest in hopes i get to kill the mobs first. No nice in nice anymore... Someone will find a way to drag more mobs towards you then FD exploit mobs on to you. So lets just pvp everything out.

Otherwise i am old school and would work, help others get it done.